Baseball.........Anybody still interested?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
World Series TV ratings 32% down on previous low
MLB’s 2020 title decider averages 9.78m viewers across six games.

• Posted: October 29 2020
  • By: Tom Bassam

Getty Images
  • An average 12.62m watched the LA Dodgers seal the series in game six
  • Last year’s series decider drew 23.2m viewers for Fox
Major League Baseball (MLB) saw its World Series TV ratings take a dramatic hit this year, with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ six-game win over the Tampa Bay Rays bringing in 32 per cent fewer domestic viewers than the previous low for the league's title decider.

The six games aired by US broadcast partner Fox averaged a 5.2 rating, 12 share and 9.78 million viewers, according to Nielsen figures. The previous low was a 7.6 rating, 12 share and 12.66 million viewers for the San Francisco Giants’ four-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers in 2012.

This year’s rating was 36 per cent down on the average 14.06 million who tuned in for the Washington Nationals’ seven-game win over the Houston Astros last year.
Game six of the 2020 series, which saw the Dodgers clinch the title, peaked at 14.35 million viewers, with an average of 12.62 million viewers and a 15 per cent audience share. That is down from a 19 per cent share and average of 16.5 million viewers for Washington’s 7-2 win in the equivalent game last year.

Fox said when Spanish-language coverage on Fox Deportes and streaming platforms were included, game six averaged 13.21 million viewers.
The deciding game of the 2019 World Series average scored a 25 per cent audience share and an average of 23.2 million viewers.

In Los Angeles, the title clincher drew the highest audience share (48 per cent) since the Dodgers’ game seven loss to the Houston in the 2017 World Series scored a 56 per cent share. Game six drew an 33 per cent audience share in Tampa, the highest for the Rays since the fifth and final game of the 2008 World Series against Philadelphia Phillies brought in a 42 per cent share.

This year’s World Series averaged a 21.2 rating and 40 per cent share in Los Angeles, and a 15.2 rating and 29 per cent share in Tampa.
Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as competition with the US presidential elections and other major league broadcasts, live ratings have been lower for several sports this autumn.

A lot of that had to due with not playing in the teams home stadiums I believe. It was just weird being in Texas like that.

1Fn7Z5.jpg

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
GM Brodie Van Wagenen among those leaving New York Mets after sale to Steve Cohen
play

0:00
/
1:24

3:21 PM ET
  • ESPN News Services

General manager Brodie Van Wagenen and much of his front office are leaving the New York Mets, the team announced Friday.
The moves were announced less than an hour after hedge fund manager Steve Cohen completed his $2.4 billion purchase of the team.
Special assistant to the general manager Omar Minaya, assistant general managers Allard Baird and Adam Guttridge and executive director of player development Jared Banner also are leaving. The status of senior vice president and senior strategy officer John Ricco was not mentioned.
EDITOR'S PICKS
Cohen ended the Wilpon family's control of the franchise after 34 mostly frustrating years and took the title of chief executive officer. He hired former Mets general manager Sandy Alderson as team president in his first move and ended Jeff Wilpon's tenure as chief operating officer.
Alderson, not Cohen, announced the baseball staff departures and said he had started the process of building a leadership staff.
"I want to thank Brodie, Allard, Adam and Jared for their contributions over the last two years," he said in a statement. "I especially want to thank Omar for his long and distinguished service to the Mets in many important capacities."
Van Wagenen was a player agent and co-head of CAA Baseball before Wilpon hired him to replace Alderson after the 2018 season. The Mets went 86-76, finishing third in the NL East, and Van Wagenen fired manager Mickey Callaway and replaced him with Carlos Beltran.

But when Beltran was implicated in January by commissioner Rob Manfred in the Houston Astros sign-stealing scandal during Beltran's final season as a player in 2017, he lost his job within days without managing a game and was replaced by quality control coach Luis Rojas.
New York went 26-34 and missed the expanded playoffs in the shortened 2020 season.
Many of Van Wagenen's moves failed to work out, including acquiring second baseman Robinson Cano and signing free agents Todd Frazier and Jed Lowrie. All three were among his former clients.
Van Wagenen congratulated Fred Wilpon for "an intelligence and love that made all of us feel that we were a part of his family'' and Jeff Wilpon for an "incredible opportunity and the unwavering support'' and for "unrivaled work ethic and sacrifice'' to create Citi Field, which opened in 2009.

"We took a team that had suffered losing seasons in 2017 and 2018 to contention in 2019 and onto a chance for real success in 2020 prior to the pandemic,'' Van Wagenen said in a statement that thanked staff, players and fans. "While we didn't reach our goal in 2020, the work that you put in to keep everyone safe and healthy in the midst of the COVID-19 threat played a significant role in the return of and the successful completion of the Major League Baseball season.''
Friday's moves make Rojas' future uncertain. Fired Astros GM Jeff Luhnow, who completed a season-long suspension last week, could be a candidate for the analytics-oriented Cohen.
He was terrible. I wish he stayed. Fuck the Mets. :yes:

AU5vbA.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Dodgers organization is having a COVID-19 outbreak
KNBR Staff
Posted on November 9, 2020

Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
They should be celebrating a World Series, and yet many will be restricted from seeing anyone.

At least nine members of the Los Angeles Dodgers organization and one family member have tested positive for the coronavirus in the last few days, a health department spokesperson told NBC News on Saturday. That represents a four-person uptick from a Thursday post from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, which stated five members of the organization plus one family member had tested positive.
The identities are not public, nor is whether Justin Turner, whose test came back positive during the Dodgers’ World Series-deciding victory, is included. USA Today reported that among the original five who were stated to have contracted the virus, “most of” the infected were outside the bubble the team had created in Arlington.

“The Dodgers organization continues to work with us during this ongoing outbreak investigation,’’ the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health told USA Today Sports on Friday.

What should have been an unbridled joy from the club became tainted when Turner returned to the field to celebrate with his teammates shortly after the Game 6 win. After an investigation, Major League Baseball chose not to discipline Turner in citing poor decision-making and communication all around; Turner believed he could return to the field, where he just wanted to take a picture with his wife and thought he got the go-ahead, and security did not stop him.

The Dodgers then all tested negative and flew back to Los Angeles. Whether these positive tests occurred with people on the flight is unclear.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Mets Star Noah Syndergaard Puts Wilpons On Blast After Team’s Sale Was Approved Today

NEW YORK, NEW YORK - APRIL 04: Noah Syndergaard #34 of the New York Mets pitches against the Washington Nationals during the Mets Home Opening game at Citi Field on April 04, 2019 in New York City. (Photo by Al Bello/Getty Images)

New York Mets fans are celebrating today, with the news that multi-billionaire Steve Cohen has been approved to buy the team by both his fellow MLB owners and New York City. The news means that the team will no longer be owned by Fred Wilpon and his son Jeff, two deeply unpopular individuals among the team’s fans. Apparently, some Mets players feel the same way about their outgoing bosses.

Starting pitcher Noah Syndergaard is rarely afraid to speak his mind. That is the case today, just hours after the news that Cohen was approved dropped. Mike Puma reached out to Syndergaard, who missed this past season with an injury, and got a scorcher of a quote from the 28-year old fireballer.

“All I plead is that the new owner treats players and personnel in the organization like people and less like expendable commodities,” Syndergaard said, a very telling comment about the Wilpons’ ownership. “That being said, I couldn’t be more excited having the real life Bobby Axelrod leading the charge.”

That last bit is a reference to the Showtime hit show Billions. Steve Cohen, who is valued at over $14 billion and will be the most wealthy owner in Major League Baseball, is one of the figures that the main character played by Damien Lewis is based on.

Steve Cohen has had his eyes on the Mets for a while now. The Long Island native reportedly grew up rooting for the club, and had been in talks with the Wilpons dating back to earlier this year, before initial negotiations fell through.

This time around, he beat out a group featuring Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez to buy the team. Cohen will reportedly spend over $2.4 billion to take over the team.

Syndergaard missed this truncated 2020 season after suffering a torn UCL in March. He hopes to be back to 100-percent next year, and return to the form he last showed in 2018, when he posted a 3.03 ERA and struck out over nine batters per nine innings. He was an All-Star in 2016, and considered one of the sport’s most exciting young pitchers, but has been inconsistent and had some injury issues since that season.

If he’s back pitching the way he can, paired with two-time Cy Young winner Jacob deGrom, and a new owner who is willing to spend and build the team into a true World Series contender, the sky is the limit for Noah Syndergaard and the New York Mets.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
Dodgers organization is having a COVID-19 outbreak
KNBR Staff
Posted on November 9, 2020

Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
They should be celebrating a World Series, and yet many will be restricted from seeing anyone.

At least nine members of the Los Angeles Dodgers organization and one family member have tested positive for the coronavirus in the last few days, a health department spokesperson told NBC News on Saturday. That represents a four-person uptick from a Thursday post from the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, which stated five members of the organization plus one family member had tested positive.
The identities are not public, nor is whether Justin Turner, whose test came back positive during the Dodgers’ World Series-deciding victory, is included. USA Today reported that among the original five who were stated to have contracted the virus, “most of” the infected were outside the bubble the team had created in Arlington.

“The Dodgers organization continues to work with us during this ongoing outbreak investigation,’’ the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health told USA Today Sports on Friday.

What should have been an unbridled joy from the club became tainted when Turner returned to the field to celebrate with his teammates shortly after the Game 6 win. After an investigation, Major League Baseball chose not to discipline Turner in citing poor decision-making and communication all around; Turner believed he could return to the field, where he just wanted to take a picture with his wife and thought he got the go-ahead, and security did not stop him.

The Dodgers then all tested negative and flew back to Los Angeles. Whether these positive tests occurred with people on the flight is unclear.
Baseball fucked that up so badly :smh:

xmyUOZ.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Tony La Russa, appearing incoherent during arrest, said 'I'm a Hall of Famer' to officer

Chicago White Sox manager Tony La Russa flashed a ring at a police officer arresting him for driving under the influence and said "I'm a Hall of Famer baseball person" while being placed into the back of a cruiser, according to an incident report obtained by ESPN.
La Russa, 76, was charged in late October with DUI by the Maricopa County Attorney's Office in Arizona after blood and breath tests taken the night of his February arrest showed his blood alcohol concentration (BAC) over the legal limit of .08.

ADVERTISEMENT

The White Sox said they were aware of La Russa's pending charges, which were filed one day before the team officially hired him on Oct. 29. It is the second drunken-driving arrest for La Russa, who pleaded guilty to misdemeanor DUI in Florida in 2007.

While initial details of the arrest were provided in an affidavit from the arresting officer, the incident report by the Arizona Department of Public Safety fills in gaps and shows La Russa appearing incoherent, referring multiple times to his Hall of Fame credentials and expressing mistrust in blood-alcohol-level tests.

When the officer approached La Russa's car, which was blocking the right-hand lane on State Route 143, La Russa said he had a flat tire. "I hit something once I got on the 43," he said, according to the report.

La Russa said he was returning from a dinner with "friends with the California Angels baseball team." (La Russa was a special adviser for the Los Angeles Angels before the White Sox hired him to manage after a nine-year absence from the dugout.) When the officer asked for identification, according to the report, La Russa continued instead to talk on the phone to a AAA representative. The officer repeated the command, and La Russa tossed cash and cards onto the passenger's seat but did not furnish a driver's license. The officer asked him to hang up his phone and provide the license.

While shuffling through his money and cards, La Russa twice passed over the license before finally handing it to the officer, according to the report.
The officer asked La Russa to exit the car for field sobriety tests. La Russa said he had undergone a hip replacement four weeks earlier and asked: "Why are we doing the tests?" The officer said there was an odor of alcohol emanating from La Russa. When the officer discussed administering a portable breath test, La Russa said: "I don't trust it."

According to the report, La Russa then asked: "What makes you think I don't have control of my facilities?"

He agreed to take the breath test "if it gets me out of here," according to the report. The test registered a BAC of .090.

The officer placed La Russa under arrest for DUI. When read his Miranda rights, La Russa said: "I don't know my rights because you told me once I blow into that thing we'd be done," according to the report. The officer asked if La Russa had any drinks, and he replied that he had one glass of wine at dinner, the report said.

Before the arresting officer placed him in a vehicle, La Russa said: "Do you see my ring?" When asked what he meant, La Russa answered: "I'm a Hall of Famer baseball person." He continued: "I'm legit. I'm a Hall of Famer, brother. You're trying to embarrass me."
Once at the highway patrol station near the incident, La Russa requested a phone call. At 1:07 a.m., around 90 minutes after the arrest, he asked to speak with a supervisor, according to the report. He declined to submit a blood sample to test his BAC, the report said.
"I will not comply with your tests," La Russa said, according to the report. "I don't trust it, brother."
The officer received a warrant to draw La Russa's blood, and the test measured La Russa's BAC at .095.
When reached for comment on Monday night, La Russa told ESPN, "I have nothing to say," and hung up the phone. A message left Tuesday for La Russa's lawyer, Larry Kazan, was not returned.

kingbenny

BANNED
Registered
Do any of you Brothers still follow the game?

Watching Phillies vs Reds..................crowd seems like its in a coma.....

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man I can't wit this stupid ass franchise. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao3: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2:

that is just...

WTF?!?!?

Look I realize there ARE cases where the #metoo is overblown

but ONLY the Mets could find a GM who did THIS sh*t you CANNOT defend this in ANY way...

he was sending over 50 nasty pics...

and she NEVER RESPONDED

WHO THE F*CK WANT TO SEE THAT DEFORMED WHITE WALRUS NAKED?!?!!?!?

WTF?

and it was REPORTED in 2016!??!?!!?

and that poor chick was not even IN THE COUNTRY

that is some white incel cuck weirdo stalker borderline psycho sh*t

Mets and ALL THAT NEW MONEY aint they ain't CAUGHT THAT sH*t???!!!

TILL NOW?

OK