Baseball.........Anybody still interested?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
could be the WORST trade in modern baseball
Boston will be back. They got some younger pieces overall. Mookie wasn't gonna resign with them so they had to get rid of him. For worst trades ever, always look to whatever the fuck the Pirates did. Especially the Chris Archer trade. :smh::hithead:

UPP2Qn.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Boston will be back. They got some younger pieces overall. Mookie wasn't gonna resign with them so they had to get rid of him. For worst trades ever, always look to whatever the fuck the Pirates did. Especially the Chris Archer trade. :smh::hithead:

UPP2Qn.jpg

how they KNOW he wasn't gonna resign?

cause they were NOT going to PAY him

Look at how much Boston paid those TRASH pitchers?

they going CHEAP on a GENERATIONAL Talent!

a BLACK TALENT too?

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
how they KNOW he wasn't gonna resign?

cause they were NOT going to PAY him

Look at how much Boston paid those TRASH pitchers?

they going CHEAP on a GENERATIONAL Talent!

a BLACK TALENT too?
If as an organization you don't feel as though that player will resign with you then you MUST get some type of value for him. I'm assuming from talking with his agent they weren't feeling good about the chances. He may have wanted a change of scenery. He knew he could get paid elsewhere. I'd probably wanna live in L.A. over Boston too if you think about it. If thats the case I can't blame Boston for trading him. I just can't.

7Mr3jA.jpg

smoovejazz

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Damn, I didn't know that the World Series or Stanley Cup finals were going on. Nobody's been talking about it, just like the NBA/WNBA. I would have been watching it if I knew about it. Barely any advertising.

Guess there's way too much going on in the world today. Everybody's just trying to get through the day without getting sick, and an election's coming that could change the course of history.

I hope we can get back to some semblance of normal soon. These aren't fun times.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Man dem muthafuckas wilin' havin him out there like that. :smh:

iXjPsl.jpg
As,usual Coon Smith talking about he have no problem with it.Every since,this fucking pandemic started he acts like it's no big deal..

Anyone,that has a concern needs to shut the fuck up and play....lol

:eek2:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
As a lifelong White Sox fan, it hurts me to agree with you. La Russa is very close friends with the owner, Jerry Reinsdorf. That's what had to have happened here, although it still makes no sense at all.
He's gonna be an absolute pain in the ass in the clubhouse :smh:

6gZ3Bg.jpg

that is a trump supporting anti kaepernick old white man

He gonna F*CK em that young talented squad over there.

Rezn8

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
that is a trump supporting anti kaepernick old white man

He gonna F*CK em that young talented squad over there.

La Russa is the absolute last thing those kids need. I remember La Russa's first go-round with the White Sox as a green, inexperienced manager, and he was no fun then. I predict it won't take long for him and Tim Anderson to lock horns next spring. I really thought they would go after Alex Cora, especially since there is a family connection with his older brother Joey having been with the White Sox for years as a player and as Ozzie Guillen's right hand man when he was manager. But, it's the typical dumb White Sox move.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
World Series TV ratings 32% down on previous low
MLB’s 2020 title decider averages 9.78m viewers across six games.

• Posted: October 29 2020
  • By: Tom Bassam

Getty Images
  • An average 12.62m watched the LA Dodgers seal the series in game six
  • Last year’s series decider drew 23.2m viewers for Fox
Major League Baseball (MLB) saw its World Series TV ratings take a dramatic hit this year, with the Los Angeles Dodgers’ six-game win over the Tampa Bay Rays bringing in 32 per cent fewer domestic viewers than the previous low for the league's title decider.

The six games aired by US broadcast partner Fox averaged a 5.2 rating, 12 share and 9.78 million viewers, according to Nielsen figures. The previous low was a 7.6 rating, 12 share and 12.66 million viewers for the San Francisco Giants’ four-game sweep of the Detroit Tigers in 2012.

This year’s rating was 36 per cent down on the average 14.06 million who tuned in for the Washington Nationals’ seven-game win over the Houston Astros last year.
Game six of the 2020 series, which saw the Dodgers clinch the title, peaked at 14.35 million viewers, with an average of 12.62 million viewers and a 15 per cent audience share. That is down from a 19 per cent share and average of 16.5 million viewers for Washington’s 7-2 win in the equivalent game last year.

Fox said when Spanish-language coverage on Fox Deportes and streaming platforms were included, game six averaged 13.21 million viewers.
The deciding game of the 2019 World Series average scored a 25 per cent audience share and an average of 23.2 million viewers.

In Los Angeles, the title clincher drew the highest audience share (48 per cent) since the Dodgers’ game seven loss to the Houston in the 2017 World Series scored a 56 per cent share. Game six drew an 33 per cent audience share in Tampa, the highest for the Rays since the fifth and final game of the 2008 World Series against Philadelphia Phillies brought in a 42 per cent share.

This year’s World Series averaged a 21.2 rating and 40 per cent share in Los Angeles, and a 15.2 rating and 29 per cent share in Tampa.
Amid the Covid-19 pandemic, as well as competition with the US presidential elections and other major league broadcasts, live ratings have been lower for several sports this autumn.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
GM Brodie Van Wagenen among those leaving New York Mets after sale to Steve Cohen
play

0:00
/
1:24

3:21 PM ET
  • ESPN News Services
General manager Brodie Van Wagenen and much of his front office are leaving the New York Mets, the team announced Friday.
The moves were announced less than an hour after hedge fund manager Steve Cohen completed his $2.4 billion purchase of the team.
Special assistant to the general manager Omar Minaya, assistant general managers Allard Baird and Adam Guttridge and executive director of player development Jared Banner also are leaving. The status of senior vice president and senior strategy officer John Ricco was not mentioned.
EDITOR'S PICKS
Cohen ended the Wilpon family's control of the franchise after 34 mostly frustrating years and took the title of chief executive officer. He hired former Mets general manager Sandy Alderson as team president in his first move and ended Jeff Wilpon's tenure as chief operating officer.
Alderson, not Cohen, announced the baseball staff departures and said he had started the process of building a leadership staff.
"I want to thank Brodie, Allard, Adam and Jared for their contributions over the last two years," he said in a statement. "I especially want to thank Omar for his long and distinguished service to the Mets in many important capacities."
Van Wagenen was a player agent and co-head of CAA Baseball before Wilpon hired him to replace Alderson after the 2018 season. The Mets went 86-76, finishing third in the NL East, and Van Wagenen fired manager Mickey Callaway and replaced him with Carlos Beltran.

But when Beltran was implicated in January by commissioner Rob Manfred in the Houston Astros sign-stealing scandal during Beltran's final season as a player in 2017, he lost his job within days without managing a game and was replaced by quality control coach Luis Rojas.
New York went 26-34 and missed the expanded playoffs in the shortened 2020 season.
Many of Van Wagenen's moves failed to work out, including acquiring second baseman Robinson Cano and signing free agents Todd Frazier and Jed Lowrie. All three were among his former clients.
Van Wagenen congratulated Fred Wilpon for "an intelligence and love that made all of us feel that we were a part of his family'' and Jeff Wilpon for an "incredible opportunity and the unwavering support'' and for "unrivaled work ethic and sacrifice'' to create Citi Field, which opened in 2009.

"We took a team that had suffered losing seasons in 2017 and 2018 to contention in 2019 and onto a chance for real success in 2020 prior to the pandemic,'' Van Wagenen said in a statement that thanked staff, players and fans. "While we didn't reach our goal in 2020, the work that you put in to keep everyone safe and healthy in the midst of the COVID-19 threat played a significant role in the return of and the successful completion of the Major League Baseball season.''
Friday's moves make Rojas' future uncertain. Fired Astros GM Jeff Luhnow, who completed a season-long suspension last week, could be a candidate for the analytics-oriented Cohen.