"Bad" Chad Dawson vs Jean Pascal - Who Ya Got?!?!

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
We have talked this shit to Death.... but I'm of the opinion if the #1 guys in every division fought the #2 guy we would have our opinions changed about a lot of guys.

Last edited:

TJervey

Support BGOL
Registered
We have talked this shit to Death.... but I'm of the option if the #1 guys in every division fought the #2 guy we would have our opinions changed about a lot of guys.

Real wisdom right there chief!!! That's what the hell is wrong with Boxing, smoke screens. Sanctioning bodies, fighters, everybody for the most part is dodging each other, protecting 0's, etc. so we can't rely on rankings, etc. Every now and then we will get a fight which will add some balance, but for the most part, bullshit!!!

Alaskanredman

Star
Registered
Real wisdom right there chief!!! That's what the hell is wrong with Boxing, smoke screens. Sanctioning bodies, fighters, everybody for the most part is dodging each other, protecting 0's, etc. so we can't rely on rankings, etc. Every now and then we will get a fight which will add some balance, but for the most part, bullshit!!!

The fucked up part on the other side is when one of the top guys avoids fighting another top guy and fights a good fighter that isn't in the limelight... then shocking gets beat up... the unknown cat gets robbed. Kotelnik v Alexander is a good example

Last edited:

tp2001

Star
Registered
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry: I don't think Dawson would stop him anyway. Dude is too pussy.:smh:

:lol: Told y'all

Dude just doesn't have it in him to take out fighters like that...and this fight could be a decider for the rest of his career...he did not let his hands go when the time called for it...For that, I can't see him beating Pascal in a rematch or even Bute...

Those fights against Johnson and Tarver hurt him IMO (especially the 1st Johnson fight) because with those fights he did not have much to plan against...both of them practically stood there for him to hit...and Johnson hit back way more often than Tarver did...

He needs to learn how to counter more effectively and get pressure fighters off of him, because that is a problem that he needs to shrug off or he won't be among the top LHW contenders if he doesn't fix it...

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered
I don't know if he beats Pascal first off. If he does, Dawson will have to dominate Pascal to earn people's respect. If it's a close Dawson win, it will almost be like another L.

Then they fight again...maybe (remembered other thread, nevermind).

He plainly was making excuses, this cat was complaining about everything except his own "gameplan". Like he was mad that Pascal didn't go along with it.:lol:

I also recall vividly me saying about a month ago that I liked Dawson but that he hadn't proven shit yet, cats agreed with me, including you. Now how does a guy who hasn't proven anything belong in the top 10 p4p?

I usually take into account that I haven't seen every fight and just approach fighters on a "We'll see" basis.
Dawson's achilles' heel has been his lack of urgency and aggression (I'm not a fan of using the term "heart", too subjective). Not finishing Glen Johnson is forgivable since he's a piece of leather but not finishing Tarver was telling and the first fast opponent would take advantage. That was Pascal.

That first paragraph is a classic and I'm going to crack a Red Stripe in your name for that one.:D

^^^ This

I definitely agree with the second statement. His whole post fight interview was sort of an interview of entitlement, like 'I'm Chad Dawson, don't read too much into this loss, I'm still the man...' He really needs to get his PR game up too, as he really sounded double minded and stupid at times, I'm not gonna take anything away from Pascal, he fought a good fight' , 'He was butting me and holding me the whole fight and the Ref was letting him get away with it'... 'I'm not making excuses, etc', Chad, why didn't you follow up when you had him hurt?.... 'That's the way I fight'. Seemed like he figured all he had to do was show up and he would win. Chad has the potential to be one of the most frustrating fighters in a long time, supremely talented but doesnt have the mind or the heart to be a 'superstar'. In terms of tools, he definitely is in the Top 5-10 in boxing today, but in terms of mindset, his as is a prelim fighter. Put his talent and potential with Manny, Glen Johnson, Angulo, some of those Dude's hearts and mindset, Dawson would be damn near unbeatable.... His damn trainer is too passive too, he needs someone who is gonna get in his ass from time to time... :smh:

Agreed with all this but his trainer was killing me. After the first couple of slow rounds, he gave him that "stern dad" look and I thought that was cool but as the fight kept going and he didn't show any more urgency than Chad. What's up telling him Pascal's dead and not telling him to stand still and pound the shit out of the guy (in his own words)?