Avengers: Endgame (2019) Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
OK just finished the movie and I didn't want to post spoilers or talk about the Movie in the Trailer thread...

So I'll say this..

This movie is nothing like what we expected... In Fact it's much better. It's way better.

The ending alone is priceless..

It is a definitive ending with tons of fan service.

But man... the plot leaks were like 80 percent wrong..

I just thought that I'd drop some stray observations from watching the movie... and I'll be going again tomorrow and on Friday morning.. This shit might break the All time World Wide and Domestic record..

Just some things that I had to talk to about..

1. Time Travel is all in this fucking movie (I WAS RIGHT)
  2. DO NOT use the old Time travel rules with this one.. cause all kinds of time travel rules are broken.
  3. There is also a 5 year time jump....
  4. Tony has a kid.
  5. Thor gets fat
  6. They kill Thanos in the first 6 minutes.. Brutally kill him
  7. FUCKING TONY DIES and not how you would have thought he would die.. and if you ask how did they get the soul stone.. that is because
  8. Natasha "BLACK WIDOW" sacrifices herself to save Hawkeye from sacrificing himself and she does not Comeback..So the Black Widow movie is likely going to be a prequel.
  9. They go back in time.. but the teams split up and go back in time to three different important parts.. They do this because they want to get the stones before Thanos gets them to undo what he has done.
  10. Nebula and Roddy go back to when Quill got the stone in the First Guardians
  11. Tony, Steve, Bruce, and Scott go back to New York during the Avengers 1... because there are 3 stones in New York at that time.
  12. Nat and Clint go back in time to get the soul stone. .... (They didn't know how Thanos got it until they get there)
  13. Fat Thor and Rocket go to Asgard to get one of the Stones...
  14. Steve runs into his old self during the battle of New York... Old Steve thinks Future Steve is Loki.
  15. Loki manages to escape with the Tesseract.... after getting caught in the battle of New York...
  16. Fat Thor gets Mjolinir from visiting past Asgard. He sees his Mother.. She knows he is from the future.
  17. Captain America fully uses Mjolinir ... Lighting and everything. It's bad ass..
  18. The end battle is fucking Bananas....
  19. When it's over everyone has to take the Stones back to where they got them in history.
  20. Cap goes back in time... decides to stay to be with the one he loved.
  21. He does come back in the end much older... and passes the Shield to Sam Wilson to be the new Captain America.

Last edited:

forcesteeler

Rising Star
Registered
How much time does Spider-Man and black panther screen time do they get?

Is captain marvel give the death blow to Thanos ?

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Dammit....This is why I'm going tomorrow to see the movie. Sooooooo many spoilers out there. Just don't want to slip up and read some shit I didn't want to know. I'll check back here tomorrow night.

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
OK just finished the movie and I didn't want to post spoilers or talk about the Movie in the Trailer thread...

So I'll say this..

This is movie is nothing like what we expected... In Fact it's much better. It's way better.

I just thought that I'd drop some stray observations from watching the movie... and I'll be going again tomorrow and on Friday morning.. This shit might break the All time World Wide and Domestic record..

2. DO NOT use the old Time travel rules with this one.. cause all kinds of time travel rules are broken.
  4. Tony has a kid.
  5. Thor gets fat
  7. FUCKING TONY DIES and not how you have thought he would die.. and if you ask how did they get the soul stone.. that is because
  8. Natasha "BLACK WIDOW" sacrifices herself to save Hawkeye from sacrificing herself and she does not Comeback..So the Black Widow movie is likely going to be a prequel.
  9. They go back in time.. but they teams split up and go back in time to three different important parts.. They do this because they want to get the time stones before Thanos gets them to undo what he has done.
  11. Tony, Steve, Bruce, and Scott go back to New York during the Avengers 1... because there are 3 stones in New York at that time.
  12. Nat and Clint go back in time to get the soul stone. .... (They didn't know how Thanos got it until they get there)
  14. Steve runs into his old self during the battle of New York... Old Steve thinks Future Steve is Loki.
  15. Loki manages to escape with the Tesseract.... after getting caught in the battle of New York...
  16. Fat Thor gets Mjolinir from visiting past Asgard. He sees his Mother.. She knows he is from the future.
  17. Captain America fully uses Mjolinir ... Lighting and everything. It's bad ass..
  19. When it's over everyone has to take the Stones back to where they got them in history.
  21. He does come back in the end much older... and passes the Shield to Sam Wilson to be the new Captain America.

smh .... old BGOL would've dropped a download for the movie ...... :hmm:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

So I'll say this..

This is movie is nothing like what we expected... In Fact it's much better. It's way better.

4. Tony has a kid.
  5. Thor gets fat
  7. FUCKING TONY DIES and not how you have thought he would die.. and if you ask how did they get the soul stone.. that is because
  8. Natasha "BLACK WIDOW" sacrifices herself to save Hawkeye from sacrificing herself and she does not Comeback..So the Black Widow movie is likely going to be a prequel.
  9. They go back in time.. but they teams split up and go back in time to three different important parts.. They do this because they want to get the time stones before Thanos gets them to undo what he has done.

If Captain America stays behind in time, how does that affect the timeline and the battles he took part in... ultron, civil war all the rest. Sam wouldn't be an avenger without that history.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
He goes back in time after he has done all the above . Time travel is a bitch to explain .

That makes sense somewhat. Thanks.
He just told ole Sharon see ya or he disappeared without saying goodbye to her? Wait, were they even still together?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Is captain marvel give the death blow to Thanos ?
no
smh .... old BGOL would've dropped a download for the movie ...... :hmm:

fool.....
a true BGOL og - would know where to look for the movie download- w/o asking or bitching about it ...

If Captain America stays behind in time, how does that affect the timeline and the battles he took part in... ultron, civil war all the rest. Sam wouldn't be an avenger without that history.
I think you are confused.... how can future cap traveling to live in the past - affect Sam and current day cap?

hint: future cap going back to WW2 - was a senior citizen before avengers even met up

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
He just told ole Sharon see ya or he disappeared without saying goodbye to her? Wait, were they even still together?

Professor Hulk drops a new Time Travel theory .... that took me a minute to understand..

But in this movie... Time travel creates two different time points for the people involved... The one going into the past.. doesn't change the future cause he has already lived that past... but the changes in the past create a separate time point and the people in the past continue on... in that separate time line.. It got very confusing. Ill pay more attention the next time... I watch it.

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Professor Hulk drops a new Time Travel theory .... that took me a minute to understand..

But in this movie... Time travel creates two different time points for the people involved... The one going into the past.. doesn't change the future cause he has already lived that past... but the changes in the past create a separate time point and the people in the past continue on... in that separate time line.. It got very confusing. Ill pay more attention the next time... I watch it.

it depends at what what point he went back in time. If it's the same timeline tho, assuming he is still alive, at one point his old self will be here at the same point he is discovered in the ice, etc. So when he goes back in time, does he just live a family life and not get involved in fighting injustice? Does he go back into the military? He still would have to see Peggy grow old if he doesn't age at the same rate. Then there are the kids she had with the man she married. If she is with Steve instead, then they don't exist. It's all fantasy tho, so I'm willing to "suspend disbelief" so to speak. and apply the Austin Powers Principle... I just like logic and concepts I can understand. I guess the separate time line scenario works.

MrSid

International
International Member
Watch Star Trek discovery season 2 finale
. Spock explains to Michael , you are in a loop , all the events in the past led you to this point ,

Time streams , different branches . Time is relative .

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor

So I'll say this..

4. Tony has a kid.
  5. Thor gets fat
I. Am. Iron Man.

from that.... to this - really great arc
50078498_331265784159033_8478598249113579343_n.jpg

Uatu_%28Marvel_Comics_character%29.jpg
that has always been the standard rule of Marvel time travel

changes to a time line never change a characters past - it only spawns an alternate time line - creating alternative events and characters
the multiverse is comprised of multiple dimensions and realities based on diverging timelines
latest
IMG_8293.jpg
uncanny-x-men-194-000.jpg
latest
portrait_uncanny.jpg

Last edited:

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
it depends at what what point he went back in time. If it's the same timeline tho, assuming he is still alive, at one point his old self will be here at the same point he is discovered in the ice, etc. So when he goes back in time, does he just live a family life and not get involved in fighting injustice? Does he go back into the military? He still would have to see Peggy grow old if he doesn't age at the same rate. Then there are the kids she had with the man she married. If she is with Steve instead, then they don't exist. It's all fantasy tho, so I'm willing to "suspend disbelief" so to speak. and apply the Austin Powers Principle... I just like logic and concepts I can understand. I guess the separate time line scenario works.

Marvels rules are different
- in this movie Thor and Cap and Ant man each unintentionally created at least 3 new timelines Nebula created atleast 2...
One new timeline where there will never be an Infinity War, and in others that might keep Loki alive and n Mjolnir won't be available to Thor when we would have met him in Thor 1 n Avengers and Howard Stark or Wakanda created a 2nd shield

thats why i'm saying just watch the movie....

Cap does seem to age normally - and could have moved around as he pleased in the 40s to 80s - but by the time of Avengers movie he would have been out of action because of his age

Last edited:

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member
Marvels rules are different
- in this movie Thor and Cap and Ant man each unintentionally created at least 3 new timelines Nebula created atleast 2...
One new timeline where there will never be an Infinity War, and in others that might keep Loki alive and n Mjolnir won't be used in future and Howard Stark or Wakanda created a 2nd shield
thats why i'm saying just watch the movie....
Cap does seem to age normally - and could have moved around as he pleased in the 40s to 80s - but by the time of Avengers movie he would have been out of action because of his age

I thought Capt had an extended lifespan until the serum started to break down in the comics?

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Cheesy for them to change scifi time travel rules,.
:lol:you know shit-all about scifi and "time travel rules"

many many years before VanDamme ever made a crap movie like time cop with piss poor remedial scifi
-Star Trek, HG Wells, Piers Anthony and others explored time travel alternate timelines, destroyed timelines, and paradox in hundreds of novels and movies... Even simple ass Back to the Future is pretty close to the theory Marvel works with

As for Marvel they had already built a multiverse with rules of time travel and characters that existed outside of time or in non native diverging time lines as anomalies and beings that existed as singularities decades before there was a timecop...

3334736-watchers.jpg

latest

6470d5561e85c45219285fa2da65463d.jpg

220px-X-Men_v1_141.jpg

4169396.jpg

Varis

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ever read marvels Nth man? There is cool page where this woman goes back in time before her birthday and stays too long and burns up on her birthday because marvel said you couldn't exist in the same time with yourself.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Ever read marvels Nth man? There is cool page where this woman goes back in time before her birthday and stays too long and burns up on her birthday because marvel said you couldn't exist in the same time with yourself.
Relationships to other Marvel Comics[edit]
The series is not set within the primary setting of the Marvel Universe and the characters of those series are treated as fictional comic book characters. O'Meagan draws upon those comics as inspiration transforming his size and appearance to resemble that of Galactus, and that of a female character to resemble the Silver Surfer.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Whether its Dr.who using the tardis or homer Simpson using a toaster you gotta have rules
yes - and each of those universes have their own rules
humans can't exist as living portals to other dimensions in either of the universes you used... but they can in marvel
matter of fact the rules of Simpsons is wildly different from Who's

DC's rules for time travel are not the same as Wells, Heinlein or Roddenberry nor Marvel's

just like a vampire in Rice stories operates by VERY different rules than Stroker or in an Underworld movie

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
I. Am. Iron Man.

from that.... to this - really great arc
50078498_331265784159033_8478598249113579343_n.jpg

Uatu_%28Marvel_Comics_character%29.jpg
that has always been the standard rule of Marvel time travel

changes to a time line never change a characters past - it only spawns an alternate time line - creating alternative events and characters
the multiverse is comprised of multiple dimensions and realities based on diverging timelines
latest
IMG_8293.jpg
uncanny-x-men-194-000.jpg
latest
portrait_uncanny.jpg

Thanks for this...

Even though I'm a marvel fan... Its really more with the Cartoons and shows... So I completely missed this..

Now shit makes tons of sense...