Avengers: Endgame (2019) Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
White people will rage again lol

EbC6T2jWsAEovUi

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What part of the MCU (Marvel Cinematic Universe) annoys you the most?

In Infinity war, Dr Strange and Tony Stark most of their screen time together.

main-qimg-10a9c2339eb16ab5be1eddb7e922b62f

They didn’t get along for much of it and were trying to constantly one up each other. They were both quipping, rich, egocentric douchebags with goatees for God’s sake.

So why didn’t one of them every say “No shit, Sherlock” to the other. Both of the actors have played the character

main-qimg-bf9941ee984706c1d1e95b64e69e72fd

And both of the characters like a good quip. Why wasn’t this done? Come on writers, this was an open goal for you to score in. Now, everytime I watch Infinity war, I always think of what could’ve been. Now one’s dead.

And that’s the thing in the MCU that annoys me the most.

Thanks for Reading;~)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What have you noticed in Marvel movies that most people have not?

In the comics, Tony knows he is about to die, and so uploads a copy of his consciousness onto his AI.

They later use this to upload him back into a clone body, but not right away.

An interesting fact?

He pretends to be just a software program for a while, until someone realizes that it’s actually him.

main-qimg-dced9a3c94b9374403672da3a1008c8f

So why does this matter to the films?

During the funeral scene, they playback a pre-recorded video of Tony before they start the time heist, where he talks about his fears that he might not come back.

If he can figure out time travel, then he would probably back up his consciousness, or at least attempt to mitigate any losses.

He’s always thinking ahead (and supposedly he’s booked in for more films also)

So here’s the main thing.

During this ‘pre-recording’, as he goes to switch off the camera, he faces his daughter sat on the sofa and makes eye contact with her.

How?

Why would his pre-recording suddenly turn and face someone that he has no idea where they are, and make eye contact to empathize a point?…

main-qimg-fe3939811c113968e8047c31bec6144b

Sure he could guess her height when he recorded it, but he has no idea where she is in the room.

During most of the recording he’s facing in different directions, not really making too much eye contact.

It seems like he’s just musing to himself on his own, and I’m guessing its to cover the fact that he’s actually ‘real’ for now.

But that final scene?

He steps up, makes eye contact with his daughter (having no idea where she would be), smiles at her, repeats the line “I love you 3000′ from earlier in the film, and then turns off the recording…

AI tony confirmed :D

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

“It really bothered me that I’ve done seven Marvel movies now [where] every producer, every director, every stunt person, every costume designer, every PA, every single person has been white,” said Mackie, who stars in the upcoming Marvel series “The Falcon and the Winter Soldier.” “We’ve had one Black producer; his name was Nate Moore. He produced Black Panther. But then when you do Black Panther, you have a Black director, Black producer, you have a Black costume designer, you have a Black stunt choreographer. And I’m like, that’s more racist than anything else. Because if you only can hire the Black people for the Black movie, are you saying they’re not good enough when you have a mostly white cast?”

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

In the comics, Tony knows he is about to die, and so uploads a copy of his consciousness onto his AI.

They later use this to upload him back into a clone body, but not right away.

An interesting fact?

He pretends to be just a software program for a while, until someone realizes that it’s actually him.

main-qimg-dced9a3c94b9374403672da3a1008c8f

So why does this matter to the films?

During the funeral scene, they playback a pre-recorded video of Tony before they start the time heist, where he talks about his fears that he might not come back.

If he can figure out time travel, then he would probably back up his consciousness, or at least attempt to mitigate any losses.

He’s always thinking ahead (and supposedly he’s booked in for more films also)

So here’s the main thing.

During this ‘pre-recording’, as he goes to switch off the camera, he faces his daughter sat on the sofa and makes eye contact with her.

How?

Why would his pre-recording suddenly turn and face someone that he has no idea where they are, and make eye contact to empathize a point?…

main-qimg-fe3939811c113968e8047c31bec6144b

Sure he could guess her height when he recorded it, but he has no idea where she is in the room.

During most of the recording he’s facing in different directions, not really making too much eye contact.

It seems like he’s just musing to himself on his own, and I’m guessing its to cover the fact that he’s actually ‘real’ for now.

But that final scene?

He steps up, makes eye contact with his daughter (having no idea where she would be), smiles at her, repeats the line “I love you 3000′ from earlier in the film, and then turns off the recording…

AI tony confirmed :D

Well holy hell

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
White people will rage again lol

EbC6T2jWsAEovUi

I heard they were going to to the amazing friends thing in spiderman 3. I think it should be ice man and the human torch like in the ultimate comics. Have firsstar join the ave gets like I. The 616 universe

Darkness's

Registered
Super-Soldier forumla 1st. He was moving in that field like Cap. After Hulk fucked him up, he got pumped with some gamma stuff. Basically he was British special forces, Captain America and Hulk combined. Actually, when you consider Blonsky's training vs. a desk jockey scientist like Banner, Blonsky/Abomination should have fucked Hulk up just as bad as Thanos did.
The scientist that made him into the abomination is hulks arch enemy the leader.

Darkness's

Registered
Very disappointed that Hulk didn't become super enraged and give Thanos a proper beat down. Not much of a factor at all.
Hulk couldnt even beat thanos In 5he infinity wars comics from back then but that was professor hulk that got slapped around

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

In the scene in which the Avengers discuss Natasha’s death, each of them represents the five stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

When Thor says, “Why are we acting like she’s dead? We have the stones right? As long as we have the stones we can bring her back, right? So stop this sh*t! We’re the Avengers; get it together!” represents denial, the first stage.

When Hulk flings a bench across the lake it represents anger.

When Steve Rogers promises that Natasha’s sacrifice will be worth it, it represents bargaining.

main-qimg-78824473ed3e375bedfeaef1fb0c8cc2

Tony Stark, barely able to speak, containing his emotions represents depression, and Clint Barton, the one who saw her die, represent acceptance when he says: “We can’t get her back. It can’t be undone. It can’t.... Look, I know that I’m way outside my pay grade here. But she still isn’t here, is she? It can’t be undone. Or at least that’s what the red, floating guy had to say!”

Last edited:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

Carrie Coon was supposed to be in Avengers: Endgame despite her character's death in Infinity War

By Rachel Yang
August 09, 2020 at 11:00 AM EDT

Watch the full episode of Couch Surfing streaming now on PeopleTV.com, or download the PeopleTV app on your favorite device.
Although her character was killed off in Avengers: Infinity War, Carrie Coon says she was invited back by directors Anthony and Joe Russo to appear in the sequel, Endgame, because no one ever really dies in the Marvel universe.
In the 2018 blockbuster, Coon played the villainous Proxima Midnight, who aids Thanos (Josh Brolin) in finding the Infinity Stones before she's vanquished by Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen). On the latest episode of PeopleTV's Couch Surfing, Coon says the Russo brothers asked her back for the fourth Avengers movie but she turned it down due to a scheduling conflict.
Like many actors who've appeared in Marvel Studios projects, Coon says securing the job was a secretive process. Her role started as a mysterious voice-over gig, but the Russos — fans of Coon's work on HBO's The Leftovers and FX's Fargo — eventually asked her to do more.

"I got a voice-over audition; it was not specified what the project was. They were being very secretive about it, but I was given some of the lines that did end up being in the film," Coon tells host Lola Ogunnaike. "[The Russos] were excited about the possibility of me actually physicalizing the character as well, and they invited me to come down to Atlanta. I was pregnant and doing a play at the time, so I flew down and was on set with them for about 12 hours."
While Proxima Midnight didn't have any lines in Endgame, the character did appear on screen (thanks to a time-twisting plot), with Coon's stand-in from Infinity War, Monique Ganderton, filling in. Still, Coon says you can't count her out of future Marvel projects just yet.
"No one ever dies. It's very possible I could have my own Avengers movie next," the actress quips. "But I wouldn't hold your breath.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What movie one-liner best summarises the entire movie?

I have the perfect quote.

“You cannot live with your own failure. Where did that bring you? Back to me.” Thanos, Avengers:Endgame.

main-qimg-ca78773c663af2f62d22d9d33cffbbbb

This summarises the entire movie perfectly. The Avengers couldn't live with losing to Thanos, a failure on all of their behalf.

Black Widow tried to find any way of reversing the snap with Cap.Marvel, War Machine, Okoye and the remnants of the Guardians.

main-qimg-173913440eca0fa2a72fcd07eda4fa1a

Hawkeye went on a killing spree to take out his anger towards Thanos.

main-qimg-8df03f78f804ad710a56c5f0b2dabcbc

Captain America hosted meetings to help try and help people and himself get over it 5 years after the event.

main-qimg-5dd80228057407a92764755fce5835ab

Even Iron Man, who had seemed to move on and have a family, didnt. When there was a possibility to reverse it, he leapt on that chance. Even Pepper revealed that he couldn't rest.

main-qimg-06bada2b3bf8dffa53db54bc5ff50c81

They came back to try and reverse the effects and it led to Thanos and the final battle.

main-qimg-df3c56589d98e3d960c718b42ed8c92a

Thanks for Reading;~)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
When Hawkeye wakes up in the water in Endgame on Volimer after Black Widow sacrifices herself, why is Hawkeye capable of holding the soul stone? He's just human?

I believe the reason lies in the sentience of the Stones. Each Stone is shown to have a degree of sentience in one form or the other and this can decide the fate of who wields it.

The Space Stone can be described as being temperamental and irritable, reacting easily and this has been referenced multiple times in the MCU.

main-qimg-f2f57656fe7c133e4a43b5d4726a68ad

First is when Red Skull holds it and gets punished by being sent to Vormir to act as guardian to it's “brother”, the Soul Stone.

main-qimg-0c449bc429cb0beaadd7f788166dc56e

Next is in Avengers when SHIELD has custody of it, it starts turning on by itself when Loki passes through. Erik Selvig (the doctor that had been working on it) describes as being alive.
(Dialogue between Fury and Selvig in Avengers)
Fury - Is there anything we know for certain?
Erik - The Tesseract is misbehaving.
Fury - Is that supposed to be funny?
Erik - No, it's not funny at all. The Tesseract is not only active, she's… misbehaving.
The Mind Stone is shown to corrupt and manipulate those around it. According to Marvel, the real reason Loki acted so much crazier than usual in Avengers was because he spent so much time around the Stone which made his obsession and jealousy with Thor grow to become much more worse.

main-qimg-f293344f6b1d8199e304e82c5bb8ab2c

We see the Mind Stone's effect later in the film when it's with The Avengers and causes tension around them, leading to Bruce picking up absentmindedly. It was also a major reason as to why Bruce lost control and transformed to Hulk.

main-qimg-e751b81b761f165388ea80abb96ab470

The Mind Stone was also what corrupted Stark's and Bruce's program to create Ultron in Age of Ultron.

main-qimg-0534c2e67fa1d1f9a5307efa637daa44

With this, I see a similarity between the Mind Stone and the One Ring. Both corrupt, twist and manipulate those in their vicinity to protect themselves. Just felt pointing this out.

The Reality Stone in it's “raw” form acts like a parasitic organism that latches onto a lesser host and begins feeding off it's life force till it dies. A more powerful host like Malekith can seemingly control and it ends up being more like a symbiotic relarionship. Although, it just may be that it still feeds off higher beings and it isn't as noticeable but since humans are fragile, they die faster.

main-qimg-e10a4e6f2a80f3c8424c55dfd59be298

main-qimg-d4c1faef0bc45469cf2d7e6a47a04e9b

The Time Stone seems more docile and tame than it's siblings though that may just be because Strange is a worthy master. Here's a quote from Mordo
Temporal manipulations can create branches in time. Unstable dimensional openings. Spatial paradoxes, time loops! You want to get stuck reliving the same moment over, and over, forever, or not having existed at all?
This shows that in the hands of an unskilled person, the Time Stone could do more harm than good.

main-qimg-048daeea08d4d7d9ee24d738f695d906

main-qimg-3a737e399ce2edb8e709a04c9a60a197
main-qimg-63bf6343cf1db3a26fbc06783a83159f

The Power Stone is the one that is the least known overall as it spends most of it's time inside it's containment device, The Orb. Apart from the fact that it is known to have enough power to rip planets apart and touching it automatically kills/causes intense pain to the person. So there's not much to go here. We can assume it's not a “nice” stone since all it causes is mostly destruction and pain.

main-qimg-ae616dd79b86ebd9a494d87e67447a7b
main-qimg-cab3435726e688523ee486a6d27a2aa0
main-qimg-eb0ccdaf54326a734e1ada051eebec70

And now for the Soul Stone.

main-qimg-98ead8f0b1abb97780fcec400d8767fc

Often described as being the oldest, wisest and most dangerous stone. I believe Soul Stone makes up it's own rules as to who gets to receive it. It makes sense since Red Skull is just the Stonekeeper and there to act as a mouthpiece to whosoever wishes to collect it. The Stone is his “master” and he guards it.

Now, it makes sense that the Soul Stone, being a Stone that can dictate life and death, i.e. can bring back or kill any life in the universe, would want a life that can never be brought back no matter what and even more so that it's the life the user would want to bring back the most seeing as it's the person they love the most. This fits well with the idea that the Stone is the (like I said earlier) oldest, wisest and most dangerous.

I believe the Soul Stone gave itself to Hawkeye and Thanos willingly. A bargain is a bargain and a deal is a deal. The Stone understands and respects that. There's no need to kill it's owner when the deal had been upheld.

main-qimg-811e1dfa8cc760dcb4bc3ba8119a4c37

robfmnola

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man I came in this bitch expecting something new and something to look forward to after the bad news of Chadwick...a fucking helmet. Damn you Gemini!!!

Just kidding fam. That bitch tight.