Avengers: Endgame (2019) Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
Almost done with Phase one ...

I`m half way thru the 1st Avengers....:D

telling y`all if y`all havent watched these in a minute do y`all selves a favor n binge em like i`m doing...

I`m really appreciating the genius of this shit on this re-watch ...

by the way ...Scar Jo was lookin gd as fuck in Iron Man 2 .... :jackoff: ..she peaked in tht movie ...:yes:

tumblr_nxqcjbOouf1uu7424o4_250.gifv

6aw1.gif

Dqsh.gif

bcfade1ca403c44d6315abcaed540131.gif

k9v8999lg0731.jpg

Last edited:

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What is something you noticed in Avengers: Endgame that you believe others have missed?
Tony teaches Nebula how to win, and lose, with grace and respect for an opponent.

They’re stuck on the Benatar, stranded in space with no hope of rescue. To pass the time, they play paper football. There’s a quick montage of shots in which they both “kick” the paper football and miss each other’s goalposts, until Nebula finally gets one through. They keep playing until Tony then tells her she’s won, extends his hand to shake and she acknowledges that “it was fun”.

What makes this scene so significant is Nebula’s reactions throughout:
  1. She reaches out to snatch Tony’s first shot with a savage grunt, before he tells her she only needs to hold position (finger goalposts). In other words, winning a conflict does not always have to involve constant attack, as she had been taught all of her life to do.
  2. Although her first shots go wide of the target, and she grunts in frustration, Tony continually and gently encourages her to keep trying. This is her first exposure to positive reinforcement through failure.
  3. She makes a goal to tie the game. Now she’s into it: “I would like to try again!” Plus her being taken slightly aback at catching up and tying the game. The excitement in her eyes that she just might win this! almost leaps off the screen. She even very slightly smiles!
  4. Tony whiffs his shot, Nebula makes hers and he informs her - to her surprise - that she’s just won. He graciously admits defeat in a fair battle, extends his hand and, as a topper, asks if she had fun. After a second of confusion, she admits that “it was fun”.
This entire exchange takes up less than a minute of the movie’s 3-hour runtime, but is one of the most significant moments of character growth in the entire film, even moreso than when she and Rocket hold hands as the “last” living Guardians of the Galaxy later on.
All her life, she has been indoctrinated with a win-at-all-costs ethos that is reinforced by three major instances of negative feedback:
  1. A harsh father who barely acknowledges her despite her eagerness to please him. And when he does acknowledge her, it is to rub her face in her defeats.
  2. Brutal punishment for defeat: continual, excruciatingly painful, replacement of organic body parts with machinery in order to “improve” her.
  3. A sister who constantly defeats her and is regarded as the “better” sibling - fueling feelings of inadequacy, resentment, rivalry, frustration and fear of further punishment for failure - and who is oblivious to her suffering.
The paper football game with Tony is her first exposure to “winning a fair fight, fairly” and seeing that defeat can be accepted gracefully and with respect, without fear of recrimination or retaliation.

Her eyes are opened to a new world in which “losing” isn’t punished, and winning can be secondary to the “fun” of the competition itself. Her gobsmacked reaction to this revelation as Tony (the loser) reaches out to her (the winner) is probably one of the best character moments in a movie packed with a ton of them.

Edited to add the scene in question. It’s actually only a shade over 30 seconds long.

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just turned off endgame not too long ago...

I'll say that it was as good as infinity war, but not better. That 3rd act on endgame was bananas. And very few moments in movie history will ever top this moment:

(sound on)

I saw this movie at 9am opening day... packed theater... and our reaction was the same as what's captured here...

I just watched Infinity War yesterday, that's the best Avengers movie in my opinion. Dude who played Thanos nailed that performance, I couldn't wait for a Thanos scene, he was that good. :yes:

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
oh ...ok ...lol

thts why i`m re-watching ...i dont remember it much ....

shit been 12 yrs already ....:eek2:

the only person they kept fromm tht movie was General Ross...they shit canned everybody else...lol

Remember, Blonsky was given a version of the Captain America formula. Physically, pre-Gamma exposure that made him the Abomination, Blonsky was given Cap's abilities. But since Blonsky was an asshole, it fucked him up mentally too. Remember the old German scientist in Captain America:the 1st Avenger told Steve something like, "the formula will make a good man better or a bad man worse." I broadly paraphrased there, but that's the gist.

slam

Super Moderator
Remember, Blonsky was given a version of the Captain America formula. Physically, pre-Gamma exposure that made him the Abomination, Blonsky was given Cap's abilities. But since Blonsky was an asshole, it fucked him up mentally too. Remember the old German scientist in Captain America:the 1st Avenger told Steve something like, "the formula will make a good man better or a bad man worse." I broadly paraphrased there, but that's the gist.

I thought they gave him some shit from Bruce trying to make another Hulk ...?

anyway i jus dropped Phase one in the trap for anybody tht need em ...

jus got done with all 6 movies now on to Phase 2 .... That 1st Thor is underrated.... :yes:

:cheers:

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered

jus got done with all 6 movies now on to Phase 2 .... That 1st Thor is underrated.... :yes:

Super-Soldier forumla 1st. He was moving in that field like Cap. After Hulk fucked him up, he got pumped with some gamma stuff. Basically he was British special forces, Captain America and Hulk combined. Actually, when you consider Blonsky's training vs. a desk jockey scientist like Banner, Blonsky/Abomination should have fucked Hulk up just as bad as Thanos did.

spider705

Light skin, non ADOS Lebron hater!
BGOL Investor

I'll have to go back and watch the first Thor... i just couldn't get over the God of Thunder cooking fuckin pancakes :smh:

But Thor Dark World? That was a damn good movie

spider705

BGOL Investor
Alot ppl didn't like dark world. I thought it was good tho.
I think the end battle with the dark elf or whatever the hell that thing was could have been better, but other than that it was really good.

Plus Kat Dennings is a plus for me... i know she probably got a pancake ass but them titties is magnificent

Day_Carver

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Almost done with Phase one ...

I`m half way thru the 1st Avengers....:D

telling y`all if y`all havent watched these in a minute do y`all selves a favor n binge em like i`m doing...

I`m really appreciating the genius of this shit on this re-watch ...

by the way ...Scar Jo was lookin gd as fuck in Iron Man 2 .... :jackoff: ..she peaked in tht movie ...:yes:

tumblr_nxqcjbOouf1uu7424o4_250.gifv

6aw1.gif

Dqsh.gif

bcfade1ca403c44d6315abcaed540131.gif

k9v8999lg0731.jpg
Marvel Cinematic Universe was is genius; and ive rewatched all them movies several times; shit was great....

slam

Super Moderator
I think the end battle with the dark elf or whatever the hell that thing was could have been better, but other than that it was really good.

Plus Kat Dennings is a plus for me... i know she probably got a pancake ass but them titties is magnificent

but they down played them D`s ...if u didnt know her u would have thought she was flat chested....

fire wardrobe ...:hmm: ...........:lol:

anyway her character is coming back in tht new Wandavision ....

0bc07073f903a0602c4e922439b411f1.jpg

slam

Super Moderator
I`m on Phase 3 now...bout to start BP ....

Ragnarok was better the 2nd time around ...

:yes::yes:

question tho .. when Infinity War started they were on the ship i saw everybody but Valkyrie ..

but she showed up again in Endgame alive..i thought everybody got killed on the ship except Thor n the Hulk...?

:puzzled: ...might catch it when i re-watch it but i`m almost positive i didnt c her in tht opening sequence ...

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

question tho .. when Infinity War started they were on the ship i saw everybody but Valkyrie ..

but she showed up again in Endgame alive..i thought everybody got killed on the ship except Thor n the Hulk...?

:puzzled: ...might catch it when i re-watch it but i`m almost positive i didnt c her in tht opening sequence ...
No only half of the asgardians were killed.

In theory valkyrie could have escaped protecting the women children and old folk while Thor and crew fought

spider705

BGOL Investor

Iron Man, Black Panther Loki, Scarlet Witch, Vision.

Fuck this i want a do over. My Avengers team would be:

Vision
Quicksilver
Falcon
Bucky
Scarlet Witch
Black Panther
Iron Man or Cap

My $5 pick is based on if Shuri comes with T'challa. If she does i want Cap running point. If not, Tony.

Adam Knows

YouTube: Adam Knows
Platinum Member

thanos and company only killed half of the people on the ship. off camera they were allowed to leave in a ship or something.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
LeSean McCoy: Spoiling ‘Avengers: Endgame’ was ‘worst decision of my life’
By Jaclyn Hendricks
May 13, 2020 | 2:15pm

LeSean McCoy could have used Thanos’ Infinity Gauntlet about this time last year to snap away what became 2019’s most polarizing tweet.
Appearing Wednesday on “Good Morning Football,” the 31-year-old running back said posting Iron Man’s fate in “Avengers: Endgame” was “the worst decision of [his] life.”
“I didn’t know the reaction of the people, I didn’t know that. If I knew that, I would have never tweeted that,” said McCoy, who is now a free agent after finishing last season with the Super Bowl champion Chiefs.
https://twitter.com/KyleBrandt/status/1260575253731987458

After checking out the highly anticipated Marvel flick last spring, McCoy tweeted “RIP” to the beloved character, igniting a firestorm of backlash from the keyboard warriors.

“I didn’t know that people really got into them cartoons like that,” McCoy said. “I apologize. It was terrible.”

The film pulled in a record $2.8 billion at the box office.

Prior to the film’s release, directors Joe and Anthony Russo wrote a letter to fans with one message: “#DontSpoilTheEndgame.”

@fonzerrillii

slam

Super Moderator
LeSean McCoy: Spoiling ‘Avengers: Endgame’ was ‘worst decision of my life’
By Jaclyn Hendricks
May 13, 2020 | 2:15pm

LeSean McCoy could have used Thanos’ Infinity Gauntlet about this time last year to snap away what became 2019’s most polarizing tweet.
Appearing Wednesday on “Good Morning Football,” the 31-year-old running back said posting Iron Man’s fate in “Avengers: Endgame” was “the worst decision of [his] life.”
“I didn’t know the reaction of the people, I didn’t know that. If I knew that, I would have never tweeted that,” said McCoy, who is now a free agent after finishing last season with the Super Bowl champion Chiefs.

After checking out the highly anticipated Marvel flick last spring, McCoy tweeted “RIP” to the beloved character, igniting a firestorm of backlash from the keyboard warriors.

“I didn’t know that people really got into them cartoons like that,” McCoy said. “I apologize. It was terrible.”

The film pulled in a record $2.8 billion at the box office.

Prior to the film’s release, directors Joe and Anthony Russo wrote a letter to fans with one message: “#DontSpoilTheEndgame.”

@fonzerrillii

:lol:

man i never knew tht ...glad i dont fuck with twitter...lol

i swear i have only one social media account...

if it aint about my bizz i dont do social media in my personal life...

but yeah tht has got to b the biggest spoiler ever ....:roflmao:

slam

Super Moderator
thanos and company only killed half of the people on the ship. off camera they were allowed to leave in a ship or something.

ahhh ...tht makes sense ...it goes hand in hand with him only killing half the population of worlds...

but why imply tht ?...they could have took the 30 secs to film tht part for the casual fans of films ...

i only caught tht the 3rd time watching it...n thts cuz i watched the shit in order ...

i went into infinity war straight from watching thor...so i was like ..."wait ...where da chick ...?..". :lol:

I`m on Captain Marvel now...tht 2nd Ant-Man was also better 2nd time around ...

slam

Super Moderator
Finally done posting all 3 phases in the Trap in order ...

Get em if u need em ...all 1080 BluRay Rips...

:cheers: :cheers:

praetor

Rising Star
OG Investor
ahhh ...tht makes sense ...it goes hand in hand with him only killing half the population of worlds...

but why imply tht ?...they could have took the 30 secs to film tht part for the casual fans of films ...

i only caught tht the 3rd time watching it...n thts cuz i watched the shit in order ...

i went into infinity war straight from watching thor...so i was like ..."wait ...where da chick ...?..". :lol:

I`m on Captain Marvel now...tht 2nd Ant-Man was also better 2nd time around ...

It's possible they couldn't get Tessa Thompson for Infinity War. Jeremy Renner wanted to spend time with his family so that's why he wasn't in the movie.

It's also possible that trying to fit Valkyrie in the story or dialog would have messed up the movie's perfect pacing and focus. The opening scene was all about Thanos and showing non comic book fans just how powerful he was.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What is something you noticed in Avengers: Endgame that you believe others have missed?

1. It was Dr. strange who implicitly told Tony Stark to snap his fingers to save the universe.

Remember the scene from Endgame? When everyone was trying hard to stop Thanos from having the Gauntlet.
Right after Thanos hits Captain Marvel with power stone, a moment came when Tony and Thanos were the only ones near Gauntlet. Check location of Tony Stark.

main-qimg-fe51a79fd6edd08408b076a218924297

This is the face of Tony Stark. Having absolutely no idea what to do next. Thinking how things turned out exactly like before.

main-qimg-382fc4ddff02e190f8ba48bff7be69b9

Scene cuts to Dr. Strange. He turns towards tony.

main-qimg-2284fdc453896957eac1fe18b11b2e3a

They share a brief stare intently at one another.

The conversation would go something like this:
Dr. Strange: Tony You have to Snap your fingers.
Tony: (Surprised) What?

main-qimg-be8aae52bc93c4c31344c21747fa02a6

Strange: This was the one and only possibility.

main-qimg-ea539f562a018b911bf2effdaeebe8cd

Tony: Remembering Dr. Strange once said he will protect Time stone no matter what but eventually gives away to save his life.
(Understanding everything)

Shifts his focus from Dr. Strange to Thanos. (With determined look on face)

main-qimg-0e97b958806f3c9d0bf93ecb8858df27

We all know what happened next.

main-qimg-5debf4e5005089ba7073d18ced6e4169

2. I am surprised how no one noticed this in Avengers: Endgame. We all know Marvel use to give Easter eggs in movies (Something more than just Hail Hydra).
Marvel set Captain America’s Hydra story line in Endgame.
If my observational is right we might see Captain America as a Hydra Agent in future Marvel ventures.

Not to forget a TV series based on Loki is under works for 2021. It will be somewhere in the same timeline. Loki escaping in Endgame with the Tesseract started a new timeline. He teleported off-Earth to whereabouts unknown. Well, they’re about to become known. We may even see an evil Captain.

main-qimg-13a3ced7d4badc4325c01db2f713054d

Lets get back to Cap’s Hydra story line.

Remember this scene from Endgame where future Captain America fights past Captain America.

main-qimg-0c7ecc067af124eb8f9f9a429713f611

Something very unusual happened in that scene which may (and most probably will) lead Captain America to turn into a Hydra agent.

The fighting lead to this scene

main-qimg-c4b65e00bac9f27fcd245c9ba12060e1

and then this

main-qimg-fab4002ece75c024d0edb6b81ebcd83d

He is reaching for the Scepter. Did he forget what happens when someone comes in contact with Loki’s Scepter.

A scene from Avengers 2012:

The Scepter was transported at the laboratory station on board, where it was observed and studied by Tony Stark and Bruce Banner. During an heated argument between the Avengers and Nick Fury, the Scepter slowly affected their minds, increasing tensions and consequently, turning them against each other which lead to a fight between Hulk and Iron man in Hulkbuster.

Even Loki can’t get away from the consequences of holding the Sceptre. Marvel confirmed this on its official website.

Gifted with a Scepter that acted as a mind control device, Loki would be able to influence others. Unbeknownst to him, the Scepter was also influencing him, fueling his hatred over his brother Thor and the inhabitants of Earth.
Loki On Screen Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel

We also know what happened to Hawkeye (and several other good guys) when he (they) came in contact with the Scepter (Hawkeye went rogue and even shot Nick Fury).

Notice how Scepter is working and compare with the time Future Cap used it on 2012 Cap.

main-qimg-12bf86e5ad7c3e0a9379d9561f982e2b

Cap did the same thing to his past self.

main-qimg-051dbb15688a93e9a36b084f7a0b5323

Unknowingly (or knowingly by Marvel studios) this may be the worst thing Captain America did to his past self (or the best thing he did to us because we will be able to see the dark side of our Noble hero now).

And by the way.
Cap looks awesome as Hydra agent. No?

main-qimg-8d8db35223d99afaf5b2f114d63ab148

Loki On Screen Powers, Enemies, History | Marvel
Scepter
Loki TV Series Timeline Explained
DeviantArt

Edit:

· Future Cap using Scepter on 2012 Cap and Loki’s escape happened in the same reality. This new alternate reality is created when Loki escaped with the Tessaract.

· Cap could have done a lot of other things, he had time to put 2012 Cap to sleep by any of the 100 other things, but he didn’t. He did exactly what Loki did in previous movies.

· Don’t underestimate the power of Marvel. In 'Guardians Of The Galaxy,' we first hear that Thanos loves Gamora the most, when Thanos blames Ronan the Accuser for alienating his "favorite daughter, Gamora,” it seems more like a cruel comment directed at his other daughter, Nebula, who was in the room at the time. Of course, after Infinity War we learned Thanos truly meant what he said. It hints at just how important Gamora is to her adoptive father, and prepares us for Thanos trading the one thing he loves to receive the Soul Stone.

· The transformation of Loki from cold hearted angry havoc creating God to funny caring and not so brother-hating God of mischief after the Scepter was taken from him explain a lot of things. :)

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What was the most shocking moment in Avengers: Endgame for you?

“YEARS.”

Going into this movie, a lot of people knew that somehow, the Avengers were going to undo the Snap. The dusted weren’t going to stay dead forever, regardless of what Feige and the Russos wanted us to think. This presents a serious issue with the stakes of the movie. We all know the heroes will win, so how do they make sure the events of Infinity War and this one still matter?

Well, the first few minutes of Endgame paint a pretty bleak picture. Tony almost dies, he and Cap have issues, Thor is mopey.

Then, the team (sans Tony) finds out where Thanos is and decide to take the fight to him. Cap says a bad language word, and the title card flashes across the screen with an epic rendition of the Avengers theme blaring in the background. And the next thing you know, they are off to space. The plot is set up, the ball is rolling, and the heroes are going on a big intergalactic adventure. Cue the hype!

But it’s not long until we get little hints of uncertainty. Thanos is seriously scarred. Weird. He didn’t look like that in the trailers. Things keep ramping up. The Infinity Stones have been destroyed. Huh? What is this movie going to be about? Suddenly, Thor chops off Thanos’ head. What in the world? This is definitely not right. Then, the screen goes black.

Slowly, words appear on the screen.

“FIVE”

Oh, this is going to be a time jump so that they can get back to earth and keep the plot moving.
“YEARS”

Holy [language].

We barely paid attention to the “later.” To think we were afraid there would be no stakes. We thought they would be able to undo the Snap easily. But, nope. Just in case we didn’t get the point, the movie drives into everybody’s minds that there are consequences. The world is in shambles, complete with moody weather and all. Steve runs therapy sessions. Nat leads the Avengers. Tony is a dad. Hulk is smart. Thor is fat. Clint is a serial killer. Things have changed. A lot of these changes were shocking in and of themselves, but they were all working together to make us feel the impact of that 5 year time skip. That jump really help set the stage in terms of story, emotion, everything. Yes, Hulk undoes the Snap, and yes, the heroes save the day, but it’s not all sunshine and rainbows wrapped up in a neat little bow. What’s done is done, and everything has consequences.