Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Starting a custodial account for my 1 & 3yr old. Should be some nice change in there in 15-17yrs unless the world ends before then.

Def. Even if you keep it super simple with a broad market fund, you can just let the American economy do its thing and those investments should compound pretty safely with that time horizon

Bushmon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Morning family. I see a lot of top stock pickers in this forum. I am curious to know your profit taking strategies. There is a ton load on the web, what works for you to maximize your gain and when do you exit a position? All info is appreciated. Wish I had the experience to share.

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Morning family. I see a lot of top stock pickers in this forum. I am curious to know your profit taking strategies. There is a ton load on the web, what works for you to maximize your gain and when do you exit a position? All info is appreciated. Wish I had the experience to share.
Man that is funny. I was just looking up this exact thing on google. This article was decent https://www.investors.com/ibd-university/how-to-sell/taking-profits/

There were so many ideas though and I am looking forward to the OGs answering this one.

Personally, I been setting stop loss percentages once I get to like a 25% gain. And I am selling only enough to take my profit if that stop loss is triggered.

I think there are many factors, but the main thing is going to be what the stock is and do you see that as a potential long play, or is this a pump and dump, spec play. That will help determine when you take profit as well.

OGs what say you!!!

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
How can you listen to this dude and think he's credible?
  • He sounds like a moron
  • He uncovered "shocking" info that NOBODY'S talking about - Really?
  • NIO is working on a "secret" project? Then how the fuck did he find out, but nobody else has?
  • He tells you to watch 'til the end so he can get credit for the view.

I def feel you, but with some things it's more about the message than the messenger to me.
I can appreciate hearing about little tidbits of info that I would otherwise have missed. Especially if it's a company I'm holding.

I just take what I need and leave the rest.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
z4rQvsp.jpg

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
:lol: Noted.... I''ll scale things back a bit on some of this stuff..
No need if you feel the info is legit. I'm a NIO investor too, but the biggest NIO stan on Youtube I've come across is Courtside Financial.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
No need if you feel the info is legit. I'm a NIO investor too, but the biggest NIO stan on Youtube I've come across is Courtside Financial.

Word. Some of the points he brought up were new to me, like ET7 pre-orders projections and the construction of the NIO Park production facility.

It was also good to hear some news about the continued partnership with Mobileye (Intel), which I thought may have been in doubt since I know NIO has recently partnered with Nvidia as well (but I guess that's for a separate component).

It's hard keeping track of some of the minutiae, but every little bit helps to hold strong long term.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Not a Senate approval but all signs point to it... State governments are also allocating money to EV statons.

Detroit News:

The House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee on Wednesday began debating a $547 billion highway bill that includes $4 billion for electric-vehicle charging stations and alternative fuel infrastructure.

The bill would create a formula-based program that would establish designated "Clean Corridors" to strategically place EV charging and hydrogen fueling infrastructure along major national highways and the freight network in an effort to combat range anxiety.

The legislation authorizes $1 billion annually over four years for states to acquire and deploy this infrastructure along the designated corridors, and to maintain and share data about the network.

From another article:

Democrats are pursuing a two track strategy to enact Biden's American Jobs Plan that would pour tax dollars not only into highways.... electric vehicle charging stations, broadband....