Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
QS (KCAC) had themselves a day. Too bad I didn't notice it until it was too late.

zWi5fEv.png

Broke 66.20. 3 green days in a row. Could be on its way back to $90. Added to my watchlist for options and swings.

EDIT: When I posted this, the option was $2.75. At close it was $3.90.

Meanwhile, I'm about to cash out of the LMND play.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This fucking shit again!!!...
That's all they do now try to bad mouth any trending stock. At the same time it works and drops prices a bit and gets folks thinking bearish even though they literally provided nothing fundamental to the equation. Did it to NIO and its right back to $54 so they losing their touch.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That's all they do now try to bad mouth any trending stock. At the same time it works and drops prices a bit and gets folks thinking bearish even though they literally provided nothing fundamental to the equation. Did it to NIO and its right back to $54 so they losing their touch.

They killed me on $NIO when they did that blitz attack...couldn't get out in-time on my weekly option.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Pltr was due for a dip
Agreed, with the short trading day, the run up it has had, hitting all time highs and it being a Friday I expected a sell off. Then you add on Citron and it made for a tough day. It was good to see how the stock reacted to the selling pressure and where the buyers were willing to push back. It ran up so much the last couple weeks there was not much support to test. I think all in all it held up pretty well. It gave me a chance to sell some put spreads at a nice premium since the IV is so high. I am pretty deep in it now all up and down the chain. Some stuff really deep ITM others just out but within reach. Monday will be important to see how it rebounds. Looking decent AH so far.

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor
Guys what are your opinions on the upcoming IPO of airbnb ABNB in early December? Do you think it will explode like PLTR? OR Fizzle like Uber

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
On another note, curious if others are having the same issue as me. If so let me know your tips. A few of my option picks have really gone my way, specifically NIO and possibly $PLTR. I made the right pick and now have very deep in the money spreads. Sounds good right? Turns out the deeper they are in the money the less liquidity that is available and ironically the more volatility they have. Basically I am actually stuck in deep in the money options unless I'm willing to leave a bunch of cash on the table or hold until expiration.

For example - I have a handful of $39/$40 call spreads expiring Dec. 18. $NIO is currently at $53 but was as high as $57 yesterday. I'm almost $15 in the money. I should be able to sell these spreads just below $1 and get near full price. Instead, the bid-ask spread has turned to trash and can be as low as .30. Even when it is high in the .90s or over 1.00 as soon as I put in a bid the spread changes as the algorithms keep adjusting so my option never goes through. I'll likely hold until I get closer to expiration but wondering if others on the board have dealt with this situation.

I threw this one out the other day but wanted to share what I've heard from some shows and testing implementation. Basically if you have something really deep in the money and have a decent amount of time before you will see true value one of the things suggested was writing put and calls (spreads for me) against your position in a shorter time frame. So if you have Jan options sell Dec options at a strike that is advantageous to you to help bring in premium to cover your other position.

So for NIO my issue is the $39/$40 spread. Rather than just sit and wait I sold some put spreads for $45 strike. The theta burn or time decay is much higher than my in the money spread so while I am waiting for it to appreciate I can continuously scalp and take premium from other plays. If my main play goes against me the goal is that I have taken in enough premium along the way to cover my entry price if not more.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Tito_Jackson

Truth Teller
Registered
I threw this one out the other day but wanted to share what I've heard from some shows and testing implementation. Basically if you have something really deep in the money and have a decent amount of time before you will see true value one of the things suggested was writing put and calls (spreads for me) against your position in a shorter time frame. So if you have Jan options sell Dec options at a strike that is advantageous to you to help bring in premium to cover your other position.

So for NIO my issue is the $39/$40 spread. Rather than just sit and wait I sold some put spreads for $45 strike. The theta burn or time decay is much higher than my in the money spread so while I am waiting for it to appreciate I can continuously scalp and take premium from other plays. If my main play goes against me the goal is that I have taken in enough premium along the way to cover my entry price if not more.
Ok, now we are talking.

So, for my beginners what he is talking about is called a straddle. Basically, is the practice of placing simultaneous call and put option contracts on the same stock.

So, why do this??

This strategy 100% guarantees that you will never lose a pre-determined about of your investment. In fact, it could ensure that if a sudden dip happens such as in $NIO or $PLTR you will still make money. Especially, if you are closely monitoring the trade and sell the contracts before they are too far out of the money.

I will post a few videos that do a good job explaining this.

Again, bros, these techniques are not difficult. Someone taught the white, Asians, and Indians how to do this. So, we are now sharing the knowledge with you. All of you can do this!!!

Let's get it!

kinfolk

Star
BGOL Investor
Man this thread and Chris Sain have breathed so much life into my finances. Thanks yall.

I've been playing stocks with upcoming earnings the last few weeks with pretty good success. After taking some pretty bad L's, I've learned one of the biggest rules to this options game: don't be greedy. I've been choosing companies with afternoon earnings calls so that I can exit my position like 20 minutes before market close. Some continued to go up, some dropped but Ive been content with what I was able to get.

All that said, I think I'm gonna get greedy next week . I have a $420 call on ZM that expires next week and their call is Monday afternoon. I know I'm not likely to see the same type of results but when they announced earnings back in September they ran up $170+ by the next day. I figure it will be at least $500 by close which would be the biggest win I've ever had by a mile but I want to stick in it for that post call run up. Hope I'm not wrong.

Good luck out here fellas.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
Good lookz bro. Saved me from a bad investment.

Maybe not a bad investment but u may want to wait for their first earning report or two.. let the dust settle to see kind of where a good buy point is. It may shoot out the gate because of the hype around this stock, but then goes flat... sooo just keep your eye on it.. add it to the watch list..

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Guys what are your opinions on the upcoming IPO of airbnb ABNB in early December? Do you think it will explode like PLTR? OR Fizzle like Uber

I don’t see how anything travel related can bring any meaningful gains until Covid gets under control. If you’re playing something long term then I get it. But if that’s the case, then why not play something that’s a lot more likely to return some decent yield sooner?

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Stocks To Watch: Spotlight On OPEC, Nikola And Ford
Nov. 28, 2020 8:54 AM ET

About: Apple Inc. (AAPL), ADC, ADNT, AMGN, AMTI, APHA, ARE, AYRSF, AZEK, BABA, BIDU, BIG, BMWYY, BOX, BSTC, CCHWF, CGC, CHRW, CLDR, CMCSA, CRLBF, CRM, CSCO, CURLF, CVSI, CWBHF, DADA, DDAIF, DE, DG, DISCA, EMN, F, FB, FBHS, FCAU, FIVE, FUJHY, FOUR, GCO, GGG, GM, GNLN, GRWG, GTBIF, HAE, HEXO, HI, HMC, HRVSF, HYMLF, KNDI, KR, KSHB, LEGN, LI, LII, LVS, MA, MIK, MKC, MLCO, MOMO, MRVL, MSFT, NIO, NKLA, NSANY, NTAP, NUE, OC, OGI, PCAR, PCLO, PLRX, PNR, PVH, RGS, SAMA, SNDL, SNOW, SPLK, SYK, TCEHY, TCNNF, THG, TLRY, TM, TNAV, TPB, TSLA, TTC, UHT, VWAGY, WMG, WYNN, XLY, XPEV, XXII, YCBD, ZI, ZM, ZS, PBR, NTR
SA Stocks To Watch

Welcome to Seeking Alpha's Stocks to Watch - a preview of key events scheduled for the next week. Follow this account and turn the e-mail alert on to receive this article in your inbox every Saturday morning. A podcast of Stocks to Watch is also available on Sundays on Seeking Alpha, Apple Podcasts, Stitcher and Spotify (click the highlighted links).

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Who here has reached DayTrader Status ($25k plus) on TD Ameritrade? What was your road to get there and what strategies did you implement once you started day trading. How many of you have quit your day job? How many of you only trade full time?

I started investing through a friend who is not a member of this board in mid August of this year. I opened a margins account on TD with 4k, I'm currently @ 15k. I see the potential to make good money doing this. I currently run my own business so I try to be near a computer between 7am-11:30am. I love what I do so I do not plan on giving up my business. The information here is worth its weight in gold thank you @Tito_Jackson for opening this dialogue. I would like to know what levels other people are just to be motivated or motivate someone else to keep trading. It's great that we are all doing this, but knowing how people got to where they are is how I learn.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
SPACs seem to be all the rage (sell after merger?). I was browsing r/options and the following were talked about. Thought I'd ask BGOL about these: $HCAC, $GMHI, $PSTH, $LGVW

$HCAC - EV company Canoo
$GMHI - Lidar tech company Luminar
$PSTH - don't know a ton about this one. Folks are saying it's a long play but intriguing...?
$LGVW - whole-body hand-held ultrasound device that can connect to phone/tablet, Butterfly Network...?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Who here has reached DayTrader Status ($25k plus) on TD Ameritrade? What was your road to get there and what strategies did you implement once you started day trading. How many of you have quit your day job? How many of you only trade full time?

I started investing through a friend who is not a member of this board in mid August of this year. I opened a margins account on TD with 4k, I'm currently @ 15k. I see the potential to make good money doing this. I currently run my own business so I try to be near a computer between 7am-11:30am. I love what I do so I do not plan on giving up my business. The information here is worth its weight in gold thank you @Tito_Jackson for opening this dialogue. I would like to know what levels other people are just to be motivated or motivate someone else to keep trading. It's great that we are all doing this, but knowing how people got to where they are is how I learn.
I have. I actually don’t recommend to day trade on any platform without $100k liquid minimum. I am also an advocate of multiple portfolios to minimize risk and each broker has its own perks.