Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Efkie

International
International Member
A market that goes up is like taking candy from a baby.
Doing good on my PUT SPX 3600 spreads.

Decided to buy 10 SPY 180 DEC 24 PUTS.
Just a gamble

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
zWi5fEv.png

Broke 66.20. 3 green days in a row. Could be on its way back to $90. Added to my watchlist for options and swings.

EDIT: When I posted this, the option was $2.75. At close it was $3.90.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Trimmed all 3 of my main positions and took profit on $PLTR, $NIO and $PLUG. Of course the EV sell off didn't help as that kicked in before I could even start on NIO or PLUG. Added some $AAPL calls on the dip yesterday and today and more $PLTR for Jan expiry. Also grabbed a couple put spreads on $ACB. Last time it popped on Biden news it dropped right after and did an offering. I don't see anything significant enough to keep it up there. Its not like he gonna come in and legalize weed on executive order on his first day.

On another note, curious if others are having the same issue as me. If so let me know your tips. A few of my option picks have really gone my way, specifically NIO and possibly $PLTR. I made the right pick and now have very deep in the money spreads. Sounds good right? Turns out the deeper they are in the money the less liquidity that is available and ironically the more volatility they have. Basically I am actually stuck in deep in the money options unless I'm willing to leave a bunch of cash on the table or hold until expiration.

For example - I have a handful of $39/$40 call spreads expiring Dec. 18. $NIO is currently at $53 but was as high as $57 yesterday. I'm almost $15 in the money. I should be able to sell these spreads just below $1 and get near full price. Instead, the bid-ask spread has turned to trash and can be as low as .30. Even when it is high in the .90s or over 1.00 as soon as I put in a bid the spread changes as the algorithms keep adjusting so my option never goes through. I'll likely hold until I get closer to expiration but wondering if others on the board have dealt with this situation.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
$FSR.... buy low, sell high.... Rinse repeat? I'll probably end up with a long position once they actually start to produce cars and provide more details on reservation numbers closer to launch.

Last edited:

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
zWi5fEv.png

Broke 66.20. 3 green days in a row. Could be on its way back to $90. Added to my watchlist for options and swings.

EDIT: When I posted this, the option was $2.75. At close it was $3.90.
This option can be flipped several times throughout the day for profit. Add it to your watch.

Uncle John

Rising Star
Registered

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
FSR Dec. 18, 20.50, .76 yesterday, today got up to 3.55.

Less capital and more gains. I have seen the light. I will be shifting my (main) focus to options going forward.

Just really going hard on this electrical vehicle craze. Doesn't make sense to me with $FSR since they haven't produced anything, but Citigroup says PT @$26.