Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FISHGREASE

Star
Registered
$PLTR a freight train. I have 4 contracts already deep in the money and 8 more on the way if it even keeps up a percentage of this momentum. Expecting a slight pullback on Friday sell off but damn it ran like this on a flat day. Crazy. I'm loving it. Between $PLTR and $NIO I may triple my account. :cheers:
Keep it up!!!

FISHGREASE

Star
Registered
Have you heard anything about $WORK?
I was reading something this morning(which means its probably too late) that Call options increase by some 14400% recently.
Yeah man. They caught a pop, Salesforce in advanced negotiations to buy them(insider shit). I would thread lightly, most likely missed the run-up.

My nephew thinks some dumb shit gonna happen in the market in the next 3 weeks. Keep that in mind, don't throw too much at any call options with less than 30 days expiration. That may be the chance to catch the dips on them PLTR and JMIA.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah man. They caught a pop, Salesforce in advanced negotiations to buy them(insider shit). I would thread lightly, most likely missed the run-up.

My nephew thinks some dumb shit gonna happen in the market in the next 3 weeks. Keep that in mind, don't throw too much at any call options with less than 30 days expiration. That may be the chance to catch the dips on them PLTR and JMIA.

Oh trust! I've learned my lesson on options plays less than 3 weeks. I've been burn badly going with the cheaper straight call/put option with 1 week expiration. @sickwidit is teaching me the value of spread plays to minimize the cost and loss potential.

What's up with the "My Nephew" talk? Lol, Do you really have a nephew? Also, what's he expecting in 3 weeks to happen?

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh trust! I've learned my lesson on options plays less than 3 weeks. I've been burn badly going with the cheaper straight call/put option with 1 week expiration. @sickwidit is teaching me the value of spread plays to minimize the cost and loss potential.

What's up with the "My Nephew" talk? Lol, Do you really have a nephew? Also, what's he expecting in 3 weeks to happen?
weeklys are gambles dont do it. at least two weeks out

FISHGREASE

Star
Registered

A market event that causes a pull-back, gonna see some selling, its the last month in the quarter, could be a number of things to impact the calculus of the market.

So I got a lot of useful information from the board, in threads just like this, over the last 15 or so years Tical. Came up off Ripple(XRP) fucking with the board(another story). So out of reciprocity, i'm adding on and building.

My nephew motivated me to start trading options and stocks. We make plays daily and started working on alerts and educational content for others. There is a lot of interest in providing insight about securities and equities. People want to know.

FISHGREASE

Star
Registered
About them weeklys. One of the 1st mistakes I made fucking with options was not understanding the greeks. You got to have a crisp understanding of Delta and theta fucking with options.

Uncle John

Rising Star
Registered
So when will that sexy bitch $JMIA slow down or walk it back?

Ibeen watching this hoe out my window for months. Ate once and back at the table again.

TOMMYGUNZZ

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Somebody point me in the right direction on this option trading. I am a newbie to trading in general. Picked up some Moderna a couple weeks ago and that is really it for now. I see these Options and how well you can do, but I am confused honestly. Help a brother out!

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Somebody point me in the right direction on this option trading. I am a newbie to trading in general. Picked up some Moderna a couple weeks ago and that is really it for now. I see these Options and how well you can do, but I am confused honestly. Help a brother out!
Honestly, I think you should start with learning how stocks work. How to read charts, learning what moves industry sectors, etc. Options are cool, but I'd walk before I ran into them. That being said, there are plenty of options for beginners videos on YouTube.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Defintely agree with @HellBoy even when you're familiar with general stocks, options trading is a whole other level. The gains can be nice. But when you lose, depending on the option type, you can lose a good portion of your portfolio very fast!

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh yea? Spill the beans, I'm looking to make some extra money for a trip with my wife when all this COVID shit is over. :cool:
Just playing EV alone this year has given my portfolio a decade’s worth of gains. 2020 has been the year of prosperity :yes:

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh yea? Spill the beans, I'm looking to make some extra money for a trip with my wife when all this COVID shit is over. :cool:

The most important concept in investing in the market is Time Value of Money and diversity, when you start is more important that what you invest in 95% of the time.

Start early, stay disciplined, diversify, and its smooth sailing.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
holding it long
Bought the dip

Yeah with straight stock purchase you can afford to do that. It's the most powerful side of holding stocks..you only "lose" when you sell and if the company goes bankrupt.

I was under the assumption this was an options play with a quickly approaching expiration date.

Nevermind me..As you were!