Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
I went to school with one of the guys listed in these links ... the bottom 2 links below that have some .PDFs.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Yeah, but it's probably not a coincidence.
Just be aware and perhaps reduce your position sizes or hedge.

Isn’t Walmart doing a stock split 3 to 1?

..yup the split goes into effect as of trading this Monday.
I'm still holding WMT as a dividend stock and a few other reasons. Looking forward to accumlating more shares via the split (I know the maths are still the same, but I like to hold as many shares as possible if I plan to hold for a while). I'm just DCAing tho, cost basis is $139.

I'm guessing they sold into the strength off of the split attention and news of the vizio deal.

@Efkie I feel you though. If one already has a full position, they might think "this might be the highest it gets for a while.."

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This couple makes decent money from youtube, I wonder if they would have been able to keep living that fire lifestyle without the youtube income.
Good question, but did they retire from the federal government? If so, that pension alone would allow them to live good.

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
I took a hit. But I'm glad to exited. It's brutal right now.
Sorry bruh... sometimes we can get lost in the sauce...I know I was really gone, but then what made me sell was I said what else do they sell besides electric and thats when it hit me...nothing! from there i was like nah.. let me get the hell outta here this does not make any sense I don't care what they are talking about..it took Tesla years before they made profit..

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Sorry bruh... sometimes we can get lost in the sauce...I know I was really gone, but then what made me sell was I said what else do they sell besides electric and thats when it hit me...nothing! from there i was like nah.. let me get the hell outta here this does not make any sense I don't care what they are talking about..it took Tesla years before they made profit..

It happens. Most of the loss was house money from the gains. I just got too greedy.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah those fees are no joke

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
Some truth to it. However, pushing the masses away from "his domain" to create a wider moat is his goal.
the problem is that SOMEBODY has the code the computer that is doing the coding for you

when computers start coding themselves you have a problem.

militantmidget

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
still kicking myself for missing that boat.. my co-worker sitting right next to me has made about 10 grand on Nvidia

i bought intel instead...........smh

You'll make the next 10k. We gotta stay the course and keep investing.

I missed out on Apple, Shiba Inu (shitcoin but still), bitcoin, ethereum, NVDA, Amazon, etc.

I'm all in with investing now. Just gotta keep putting $$$ into something that will grow.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Q4 Earnings: Rocket Lab reported fourth-quarter revenue of $59.99 million, which missed the consensus estimate of $62.89 million, according to Benzinga Pro. The company reported a quarterly loss of 10 cents per share, which was in line with analyst estimates.

“Rocket Lab had another strong year in 2023 across our launch and space systems businesses … Continuing this strong momentum, we started 2024 off strong with the issuance of $355 million in convertible senior notes, adding additional funding to the Rocket Lab balance sheet at an attractive cost of capital and enabling us to take advantage of potential M&A as well as other strategic growth investment opportunities,” said Peter Beck, founder and CEO of Rocket Lab.

Outlook: Rocket Lab expects first-quarter revenue to be between $92 million and $98 million versus estimates of $98.57 million. Space Systems revenue is expected to be between $60 million and $65 million, while Launch Services revenue is expected to be between $32 million and $33 million.

The company also guided for a first-quarter adjusted EBITDA loss of $28 million to $30 million.

Management will hold a conference call to discuss these results at 5 p.m. ET.