Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Not yet, but the premiums look good for covered calls.

Haven't looked at the options chain yet. Weirdly, it's not available for trade or lookup on TD Ameritrade.
There may be a huge money making opportunity if BTC continues to the upside and premiums stay low.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Haven't looked at the options chain yet. Weirdly, it's not available for trade or lookup on TD Ameritrade.
There may be a huge money making opportunity if BTC continues to the upside and premiums stay low.
I'm on ToS, I see both the ETF and option chain.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
*Full disclosure: I hold positions in $AMD*

Really looking forward to earnings from ASML, Netflix and Intel this week.

ASML just because they are the 'One Above all' in the Marvel Semiconductor Universe. Always good to get information on how many machines they're shipping out (and where).

Netflix simply because they're using AMD server parts, and I have a small percentage here. Maybe an AMD shout-out on how their server chip helped double bandwidth...

Intel's earning will be interesting. They're rolling out a new architecture with Alder Lake soon. Leaks on performance seem like the chip is legit. Definitely exciting for next quarter, but my focus will be on the server CPU revenue. Can AMD carve out more marketshare? I hope like hell they can.

$ASML

Expects to ship 55 EUV machines in 2022. EUV machines are needed to produce silicon wafers for chips and $ASML basically has a Monopoly. Quarterly sales by region is always interesting ($TSM, $INTC, Samsung, Global Foundries):

1-1080.812d3dcc.jpg

Aww Skeet Skeet!

BGOL Investor
*Full disclosure: I hold positions in $AMD*

Really looking forward to earnings from ASML, Netflix and Intel this week.

ASML just because they are the 'One Above all' in the Marvel Semiconductor Universe. Always good to get information on how many machines they're shipping out (and where).

Netflix simply because they're using AMD server parts, and I have a small percentage here. Maybe an AMD shout-out on how their server chip helped double bandwidth...

Intel's earning will be interesting. They're rolling out a new architecture with Alder Lake soon. Leaks on performance seem like the chip is legit. Definitely exciting for next quarter, but my focus will be on the server CPU revenue. Can AMD carve out more marketshare? I hope like hell they can.

$ASML

Expects to ship 55 EUV machines in 2022. EUV machines are needed to produce silicon wafers for chips and $ASML basically has a Monopoly. Quarterly sales by region is always interesting ($TSM, $INTC, Samsung, Global Foundries):

$INTC

Bought a few of cheap $INTC puts@0.89 with a 55 strike expiring tomorrow. SP dropped big time after hours. Hope it holds...

All I need now is a strong beat by $AMD and some $AMD- $XLNX merger news.

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
$INTC

Bought a few of cheap $INTC puts@0.89 with a 55 strike expiring tomorrow. SP dropped big time after hours. Hope it holds...

All I need now is a strong beat by $AMD and some $AMD- $XLNX merger news.

$INTC getting that work, might be back up tomorrow though.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

conspiracy_brotha

Woke as fuck
BGOL Investor

Aww Skeet Skeet!

BGOL Investor
Did you see the Apple processor? I think you may need to differently approach this situation.

$AAPL is doing amazing things. They're still a walled-garden though. I guess when you can optimize the CPU to the OS to the nth power you get those results. Probably the reason why it would make some sense for $MSFT... But I don't have that kinda faith.

$INTC ain't gotta worry yet as $AAPL doesn't have a server chip. Their issues are multifaceted though: lost manufacturing leadership, had a damn near monopoly in the server space so shareholders expect them to hold ground & now competition eating into marketshare, and competition eating into their gross margins... Can't sell their chips at a premium like the old days.

I'm worried about Intel. They have to hit on all of their manufacturing /design targets for the next 3 years. The CEO is thumping this chest that they'll be in the lead again in 2025.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

BGOL Investor
$INTC

Didn't waste any time here. Sold my 5 INTC20211022P55 @ around 5.40.

A quick $2200+ come up for 15 mins of work. $INTC could go lower but fuck it. Might as well get some tickets to the Wizards game today.