Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
I'm up in $DIS, but I am cutting them for now.

Before the pandemic's onset, The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) paid a semi-annual dividend. However, when it was forced to shut its doors to several of its most lucrative businesses worldwide, Disney felt it prudent to pause the dividend payment to conserve cash.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wouldn't hurt.
Yes, ride it up and scalp some profits and let the rest ride in case it breaks through that price ceiling.
There's going to be a lot of volatility in this stock so be warned. There's a good chance it'll retract by 15%-20% because profit takers cash out Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings.

This stock has become so popular MM gave it an option chain.

Also use trailing stops @DC_Dude
You gave that man golden tip right there :yes: ... They trailing stop saves you from so many frustrating moments

Basetip

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know this video wouldn't really help anyone in here, but I thought it was a good breakdown for new investors.

Nice simplification. Got anything like this for Crypto, I try to explain what I know, but wind-up getting real LONG-WINDED and they glaze over on me.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Been watching $icln trade down and sideways all year

just when I was about to say fuck it and sell, it starts running

was going to use it to buy more enph and sq

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
Taiwan Semiconductor Posts Higher Q3 Earnings, Revenue; Issues Q4 Revenue Guidance

MT NEWSWIRES - 3:58 AM ET
03:58 AM EDT, 10/14/2021 (MT Newswires) -- Taiwan Semiconductor (TSM) reported Q3 earnings Thursday of 30.13 New Taiwan dollars ($1.08) per American depositary receipt, up from NT$26.48 per ADR a year earlier.

Net revenue rose to NT$414.67 billion for the quarter ended Sept. 30 from NT$356.43 billion a year ago. Analysts polled by Capital IQ projected revenue of NT$413.47 billion.

Price: 109.98, Change: +0.78, Percent Change: +0.71

MT Newswires does not provide investment advice. Unauthorized reproduction is strictly prohibited.

© 1999-2021 Midnight Trader, Inc. All rights reserved.

Aww Skeet Skeet!

The antithesis of nonsense.
BGOL Investor
$UNH

UnitedHealth Shares Climb on Earnings Beat, Raised Guidance for 2022 -- Barrons.com
BY JOSH NATHAN-KAZIS | DOW JONES & COMPANY, INC. - 6 MINUTES AGO
Shares of the major health insurer UnitedHealth Group (UNH) leapt 5.3% Thursday morning after the company reported financial results that blew past Wall Street expectations.

UnitedHealth (UNH) reported adjusted earnings of $4.52 a share, 2.5% better than the FactSet consensus estimate of $4.41 a share. The company reported revenue of $72.3 billion, 11% better than the same quarter last year, and above the $71.3 billion FactSet consensus estimate.

The company also raised its guidance for the full 2022 fiscal year, saying it now expects adjusted earnings of between $18.65 and $18.90 a share, up from its earlier guidance of between $18.30 and $18.80 a share. The new guidance is roughly in line with the FactSet consensus estimate of $18.75 a share.

What's more, UnitedHealth (UNH) said that its medical care ratio, also known as the medical loss ratio, which measures the percentage of premiums paid out to cover costs, was slightly lower than the FactSet consensus estimate of 83.5%, at 83%.

"The results reinforce our view that despite some near-term uncertainty around medical costs, we believe fundamentals at UNH are strong and we expect another solid year in 2022," Cantor Fitzgerald analyst Steven Halper wrote in a note out early Thursday.

Analysts said that the results resolved near-term overhangs, and shifted the focus to next year. "With these very good results, we can shift to "what have you done for us lately" and focus on the 2022 outlook," wrote BMO Equity Research analyst Matt Borsch in Thursday note.

Borsch noted that the financial results did not show evidence of a post-pandemic rebound in healthcare utilization.

"It's been interesting over the course of the 20 months, there has been a consistent, fairly rapid reaction when COVID cases go up nationally in terms of the preference of patients whether or not to seek elective care, " said UnitedHealth's (UNH) Chief Financial Officer John Rex on an investor call early Thursday. "That again happened this quarter."

UnitedHealth (UNH) shares are up 21.5% this year, a period in which the S&P 500 Health Care Sector Index is up 10.5%. The broader S&P 500 is up 17.8%. Of the 28 analysts tracked by FactSet who cover the stock, 24 rate it Buy or Overweight, while three rate it a Hold, and one rates it Underweight.

Write to Josh Nathan-Kazis a josh.nathan-kazis@barrons.com

(END) Dow Jones Newswires
10-14-21 1135ET
Copyright (c) 2021 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.