Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Efkie

International
International Member
FUCKIN SEC made it harder to buy certain OTC stock.
Already missed the bull run of last November and I don't want it to happen again.
Now is the time to buy uranium related stock.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Palentir just cant win, as soon as it goes up there is a sell off.
The announcement of a contract is only worthy of a pop. Long term, as their earning reports reflect the money coming in, the stock/company will rise over time. Their base is strong long term. Short term... just play the price action.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
The announcement of a contract is only worthy of a pop. Long term, as their earning reports reflect the money coming in, the stock/company will rise over time. Their base is strong long term. Short term... just play the price action.

Which other company lands a government contract and then there is a sell off though?

HellBoy

Platinum Member

Hit piece made it drop $3+. Cathie Woods believes in the company, so I bought a Nov. call to take advantage of this.

Such a steep decline would hurt investors like Cathie Wood's Ark Invest, which currently owns a combined $325 million of Ginkgo in its flagship Disruptive Innovation ETF and Genomic Revolution ETF.

But if a steep 80% decline in Ginkgo does materialize, Ark Invest might be unfazed and instead buy the dip based on its prior investment activity.

HellBoy

Platinum Member
True but none of those companies are under 30 bucks. Everyone talks about it's growth potential but the price doesnt move.
Exactly.

You need to give it time. Right now, it's a meme stock and the analyst ratings that I saw are under $24. I see the potential, but personally I dont like what they do. I have leaps, but no long shares of PLTR. I play the price action. Use them like a one night stand.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Might be a good time to jump back into CEI. It's approaching oversold areas.
I jumped in way too early and down more than 50%.
Y'all can ride this up for a 20% agin once the dust settles.

CALLED IT!!

CEI up 23% after-hours.
Get in now or tomorrow and make quick money and jump out BGOL. I lost but y'all could win.
I see this riding back to at least $1.75 by midweek next week.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member

pltr is a minimum 5 year hold for me
i'm trying to get to a 1000 shares
so i'm happy if it sits in the 20's for a while longer

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
True but none of those companies are under 30 bucks. Everyone talks about it's growth potential but the price doesnt move.
This is why doing research and trusting your research is key... If your playing the short-term game PLTR is not the company for you... Look at Nike 10-15yrs ago, pretty sure people were saying the same thing you said, where as today its solidly above $100/share... PLTR hasn't even been listed over a year, I think they either just hit a year or are a month or 2 under that...

Personally I could care less what the price action of PLTR does because I'm long, if it dips to a price I like, I just keep buying and accumulating... It's all in your trading strategy and goal

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Keep your eyes on TLRY this morning.
TLRY +2.22% pre-hours

October 7, 2021 07:51 AM ET (BZ Newswire) -- Cannabis
Canadian cannabis giant Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) (TSX:TLRY) released its financial results Thursday for the first fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2021, with net revenue of $168 million, up by 43% from $117 million in the same period of fiscal 2021. Reported revenues were below the consensus estimates of $174.93 million.

LongLocs85

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Keep your eyes on TLRY this morning.
TLRY +2.22% pre-hours

October 7, 2021 07:51 AM ET (BZ Newswire) -- Cannabis
Canadian cannabis giant Tilray, Inc. (NASDAQ:TLRY) (TSX:TLRY) released its financial results Thursday for the first fiscal quarter ended August 31, 2021, with net revenue of $168 million, up by 43% from $117 million in the same period of fiscal 2021. Reported revenues were below the consensus estimates of $174.93 million.
Good earnings report for TLRY... Also KPLT trying to put together back to back green days +2.63% PM

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Thanks for the info. Should I set a limit price of $1.75?

Wouldn't hurt.
Yes, ride it up and scalp some profits and let the rest ride in case it breaks through that price ceiling.
There's going to be a lot of volatility in this stock so be warned. There's a good chance it'll retract by 15%-20% because profit takers cash out Thursday afternoons and Friday mornings.

This stock has become so popular MM gave it an option chain.

Also use trailing stops @DC_Dude

Last edited:

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Wouldn't hurt.
Yes, ride it up and scalp some profits and let the rest ride in case it breaks through that price ceiling.
There's going to be a lot of volatility in this stock so be warned. There's a good chance it'll retract by 15%-20% because profit takers cash out Thursday evening and Friday's mornings.

Thanks man. Still learning, but big THANKS