Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Basically, when you own 100 shares of a stock, you get paid to list them for sale (as an option). The amount you are paid is called the "premium". If the stock price is below the strike you chose, you keep your shares and do it all over again. If the stock price is at or above the strike you chose, they give (assign) your shares to the person who bought the option.

When you guys do covered calls. How for out (exp date) do you pick?

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Is anyone holding $MARA unable to see the position due to the name change that was announced last Friday?

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
This here... I have a professionally managed portfolio at Edward Jones, I got some money back after a property deal that went south. I met this white cat at a lounge, he was a former nurse now Financial Advisor and I was a former Counselor now entrepreneur. Long story short I was like I like dude and he had 20% returns for his clients that year. Started meeting with him monthly and learning. I invested enough money with him to make it worthwhile for him and me, but since Ive started doing my own investing, I paid fo some courses that like you said was a waste. It was pretty much same info out here but I was looking for the shortcut and or 'the way'. Ive realized you have to have a relationship with your expectation and your style. Last year I got back about 40% return, I know almost everybody had good years, but I got way more then the 7-10% average which Im good with.

I did options maybe 3-4 months... Had some great gains but seem to lose every single time I thought I knew what I was doing. Sobered me up back into my lane. Now? I invest into my ETFs, good growth stocks, and I take a couple educated swings at the fence that have been good (ie. Draftkings, Celh)

The biggest take away for me and my style is.... time.... If you invest in good companies, in 3-7-10-20 years you will outperform the bank and the markets. I got in Sq, Shop, Apple, Disney, QQQ, years ago...... They have all have had AMAZING returns.

I like your style my G!

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered
Sounds like a promo. So you’re part of her course and making atleast 1K every week?

These courses are starting to be the new hussle.
Atleast this one is black!
She has two courses and she sends awards to folks that break a thousand a day. I see fifty videoss ranging from 4 min. to 80 min long.
Homework assignments and clients also submit their own cheat sheets as a free for all. She was a grade school teacher so she breaks
stuff in a rudimentary manner. But trust. If I'm banking from her course, I'm definitely promoting. I won't buy her second course this pays for
itself. I know of another thats roughly 300 but I don't want to be in the habit of buying courses. However,if it doesn't hurt my wallet, I'll buy and review it. I don't look for hook up prices.

Last edited:

durham

Rising Star
Platinum Member
She has two courses and she sends awards to folks that break a thousand a day. I see fifty videoss ranging from 4 min. to 80 min long.
Homework assignments and clients also submit their own cheat sheets as a free for all. She was a grade school teacher so she breaks
stuff in a rudimentary manner. But trust. If I'm banking from her course, I'm definitely promoting. I won't buy her second course this pays for
itself. I know of another thats roughly 300 but I don't want to be in the habit of buying courses. However,if it doesn't hurt my wallet, I'll buy and review it. I don't look for look up prices.

What course is this, specifically?

dolemite73

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
itself. I know of another thats roughly 300 but I don't want to be in the habit of buying courses. However,if it doesn't hurt my wallet, I'll buy and review it. I don't look for look up prices.
I bought her course a couple of years ago and just the technical analysis/chart reading portion of her course was worth the money to me. And her students get a sweet deal with the broker TradeStation. I recommend it for the novice trader.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I bought her course a couple of years ago and just the technical analysis/chart reading portion of her course was worth the money to me. And her students get a sweet deal with the broker TradeStation. I recommend it for the novice trader.

Is this Teri Ijeoma? I remember Karen Hunter had her on her show one time during the summer and people were calling in about how helpful her course was...

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered
Is this Teri Ijeoma? I remember Karen Hunter had her on her show one time during the summer and people were calling in about how helpful her course was...

Right. I want to get into the second leg of her course because I need a simplified version of handling options. Daytrading & swing trading is cool, but options is like a real vacation.
What course is this, specifically?

Trade & Travel with Teri Ijeoma. I combine that with another course. There's a cheaper course I've seen
but I haven't purchased it. I'll post it later.

BTW...The market came back strong!!!!

My suggestion...stop chasing stock picks. That's where the short sellers grab you. I went on td ameritrade to qualify.
Shit's expensive so if they can rape you, you're getting raped.

Last edited:

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
Brothers, there are trading courses on www.udemy.com that are very cost effective. They have courses that cost about $200-$300. But, every few weeks they have special pricing where you can purchase the very same $300 course for $9.00 - $15.00.

I scrounge around on their site, then I save the courses that I'm interested in. I put them in my "wishlist." Then, when the special pricing comes up, I buy that course at $9.00.

They have courses for the newbie and the seasoned. Good luck.

oolong tea

Rising Star
Registered

China Region Declares War on Crypto Mining, Stirring Wider Fear

China’s Inner Mongolia has banned cryptocurrency mining and declared it will shut all such projects by April, spurring fears the world’s No. 2 economy will take more steps to eradicate the power-hungry practice.

The autonomous region, a favorite among the industry because of its cheap power, also banned new digital coin projects, according to a draft plan posted on the Inner Mongolia Development and Reform Commission’s website Feb. 25. The aim is to constrain growth in energy consumption to about 1.9% in 2021.

Bitcoin extended gains on Monday amid reports of the move, increasing as much as 6% in the session to $47,970.

The announcement unnerved an industry that’s already been through a years-long Chinese campaign to clamp down amid concerns over speculative bubbles, fraud and energy waste. The draft policy was released weeks after China’s top economic planner blasted Inner Mongolia for being the only province to fail to control energy consumption in 2019.

The region now aims to cut emissions per unit of gross domestic product by 3% this year and limit incremental growth of energy consumption to about 5 million tons of standard coal, according to the draft plan.

I think this indirectly boosts Tesla shares as Musk dropped billions into the coin. IMO

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
hope you all bought the dip through last week

Wont say the dollar amount but Im up a high school Junior's, used car.... I think as far as long term investing people get too complicated... Buy good companies and products when its down. Period.

I really wish I had more tolerance but getting burned a couple times on options I just KNEW would be good.

Last edited:

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don’t have time for the asshole’s bullshit, so to summarize, this is exactly in his own words, why no one here should trust him?
... I told you shills to buy it up so I can increase my net worth.
He considers you “shills” and he uses that word a lot in these parts. This right here is the reason one simply can’t show everyone their cards, even if they smile and repeatedly tell you how much they really want you to win.

I come from a time and place where you didn’t tell strangers how much you have and where you got it. But that’s just me. Listen to him if you want, but he just showed his true colors when he implied, given an opportunity, he’ll intentionally misdirect you to make his money at your expense. That is subversion. Carry on, I'm out.

havelcok

Rising Star
Platinum Member
cciv finally up 1%

tenor.gif

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
Registered
Good looking...
I got a ton more ebooks, I got from my people. I got about 20 of them on technical analysis but this thread is mostly cats talking day trading so that's what I put up. Anyway, we have done a lot of business in the past an I appreciate the outstanding products. I'm going to pm you.

THESE ARE NOT BOOKS ABOUT STOCKS BUT IN THE SPIRIT OF GIVING BACK... YOU DEFINITELY CAN FIND A GAMECHANGER OR 2(0) HERE
Motivation