Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Damn, what’s going on with GME?

I wish I had more info but don't.
Perhaps forced liquidation from short positions.
This has been speculated for weeks. Roaring Kitty sent a hidden message to buy more during the congressional hearing and traders have been doing exactly that. They believed that keeping the stock above $40 would keep shorters from being able to cover their positions. It's widely believed by the WSB community that certain hedge funds continued shorting GME despite telling the public otherwise. WSB decided to force their hands by buying up more shares.

Maybe I know more than i thought...

:lol:

270% increase.
The flood gates have opened.

Mean Money Greene

Rising Star
This has been speculated for weeks. Roaring Kitty sent a hidden message to buy more during the congressional hearing and traders have been doing exactly that. They believed that keeping the stock above $40 would keep shorters from being able to cover their positions. It's widely believed by the WSB community that certain hedge funds continued shorting GME despite telling the public otherwise. WSB decided to force their hands by buying up more shares.

250% increase.
Hidden message? LMAO, this is the first time i've heard of this.

I was in on GME at 88, then got scary and got out at 50. Im on the sidelines this time.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member

270% increase.
Damn I really need to learn how to read Reddit. That shit is so hard to follow.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
GAMESTOP CORP NEW CL A

• 103.94%
Ext Hrs 194.81 +103.10 (+112.42%) @ 16:51:32
  • Bid
  • Ask
  • Size
    5x2

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Also, What's to stop this from tanking hard again?
Is there something different mechanistically with (RH and other brokers management etc) that prevents them from interfering with this stock?

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If you can read this forum, you can def read reddit. Just sort by top or best and you'll just see threads. You can see the conversations in the threads. If you need help, let me know. I'm on reddit daily.
Shit! I need help with that shit. I see the threads, but I don't see where they plan shit out at?

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member

Late in Wednesday’s trading session, several popular stocks for retail traders rocketed higher on seemingly no news.

GameStop: GameStop Corp. (NYSE:GME), the stock that became a rallying cry for retail traders and Reddit's WallStreetBets forum, surged more than 100%.

Late Tuesday, GameStop announced its chief financial officer, Jim Bell, would resign at the end of March. Bloomberg reports he was forced out of his role.

On Wednesday a tweet from Ryan Cohen, a large GameStop shareholder and Board of Directors member, picked up some attention. The tweet included a frog emoji and a picture of an ice cream cone from McDonald’s Corp (NYSE:MCD). Investors are trying to interpret if the tweet could mean investors are in for a sweet treat or they may be “loving it” if they own GameStop shares.

GameStop shares were halted several times in the last half hour of Wednesday’s trading session. Shares closed up 103.9% to $91.71 and were up another 32% in the after-hours session.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i think now is a good time to jump back in NOK....
its up a lil bit in AH.....gonna see what happens in PM before i take the plunge.

tical

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I am not fucking with gamestop and amc.
Fuck 'em.

To my option folks. What's the chances we can make some profits with some option Puts..with say...3 weeks expiration dates?
I don't see how this thing doesn't crash hard like it did last time in honestly 1 week and certainly no longer than 2 weeks.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To my option folks. What's the chances we can make some profits with some option Puts..with say...3 weeks expiration dates?
I don't see how this thing doesn't crash hard like it did last time in honestly 1 week and certainly no longer than 2 weeks.
i wouldnt give it til the end of the week......
it'll be back below $50 by Friday. i've never done options, but if i did....i'd start with Puts on this.....lol

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I notice the option prices drastically increase.
Let's see what is the price at opening since you can't purchase options now.