Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s so funny you can spend your life doing the right thing
401k that barely meets the market
Savings account getting 1% back

then all of a sudden You find out you can get 10k in one day off a meme stock :smh:

shit is the same high you get off gambling
No wonder it’s easy for people to lose it all

Its why I'm moving one of my accounts into real estate. The gains folks getting in real estate is insane plus guaranteed income monthly. 2021 I'm trying to really diversify. Then when I retire sell all my assets and live abroad.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
wonderful, wonderful. the no debt part is the key bruh. i tell people all the time, the american dream is not having stuff on which you owe people, but being debt free. knowing that you can wake up and say, u know what, fuck it, if i don't feel like working today i won't, because you don't owe anyone anything. that is the real american dream in my opinion. some of us are still working our way up there. but eventually we will all get there. just gotta be smarts about it. kudos

To be clear, I've never owned a home and I'm still living the NYC lifestyle (which is why I don't own one, or a car yet). Didn't want to front like I'm some dude who made all the right moves and paid that shit off... Just tryna set up the next stage of my life the right way and take advantage of the positives of my situation.

Its why I'm moving one of my accounts into real estate. The gains folks getting in real estate is insane plus guaranteed income monthly. 2021 I'm trying to really diversify. Then when I retire sell all my assets and live abroad.

Yea man... I'm tryna invest up to buy something too and have my first RE purchase be a house-hack. Stacking chips for now and doing research on how to set it up like a business (if possible).

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
FROM GROUPME STOCK CHAT

"Wallstreetbets are squeezing BB GME and AMC
And they are working on PLTR and FUBO as well
If you’re in any of those, then you’re making money right now"
@rph2005 @APOPHIS @Tito_Jackson please explain this gangster shit these Wallstreetbets people are doing with $GME & $BB for us laymen. How do we get down for the next run up.
cszaaywojhd61.jpg

moblack

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To be clear, I've never owned a home and I'm still living the NYC lifestyle (which is why I don't own one, or a car yet). Didn't want to front like I'm some dude who made all the right moves and paid that shit off... Just tryna set up the next stage of my life the right way and take advantage of the positives of my situation.

Yea man... I'm tryna invest up to buy something too and have my first RE purchase be a house-hack. Stacking chips for now and doing research on how to set it up like a business (if possible).

owning real estate is key. my grand father had rental properties and made out like a fat rat. I'm slowly but surely working towards having 2. Also renting out my current home. I'd like a portfolio of 3 bringing in income. Then selling taking profits and repeating. In modern times the notion of paying off a house in 30 years is long gone.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
owning real estate is key. my grand father had rental properties and made out like a fat rat. I'm slowly but surely working towards having 2. Also renting out my current home. I'd like a portfolio of 3 bringing in income. Then selling taking profits and repeating. In modern times the notion of paying off a house in 30 years is long gone.

Right...You doing good man, appreciate the insights. I've seen and heard enough at this point to know it's def the direction I would like to go.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I told my girl about this thread and she wanted to contribute some of her moves for comment. See below:

Bought PETS Feb $35 calls at $0.55 and sold at $1.95, then $2.75 and finally at $4
Bought MAC Feb $15 calls at $1.65 and sold at $3.70
Bought AMC Feb $5 calls at $1.16 and sold at $1.65
Bought JMIA Jan 29 $51 puts at $1.16 and sold at $3.37

I bought JMIA shares in 2020 at $5.00. I have been selling calls since the stock has been going up. I am currently short $55 strikes for Feb 05 and Feb 19. I will probably let them be assigned if the stock stays above my strike. I have Feb 19 $46.50 strike puts to protect against the downside.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor

you are single, not sure if you have kids or not, but if not, and you don't really care for driving, trust, you're making all the right moves now.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed, they may not get this kind of opportunity again.
The look term bearish outlook by analyst I believe is the right one despite what's going on right now.

SIDE NOTE: Market flash crash happening .
My portfolio went from VERY VERY GREEN to red in 30 minutes or less. Hahaha. I love this money game
I will make a prediction (not a bold one) but $GME will never hit these levels again. That is where management of these corporations is essential and why brothas have to do their due diligence because management of $GME could secure the company’s future for years off of this FOMO. I’m still watching it but the shorts sellers will win this war, eventually... but right now this is like UMBC and UVA in the 2018 NCAAs :lol:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
@rph2005 @APOPHIS @Tito_Jackson please explain this gangster shit these Wallstreetbets people are doing with $GME & $BB for us laymen. How do we get down for the next run up.
cszaaywojhd61.jpg

The WSB daytrade degenerates (A. Pompliano quote) are trying to create another short squeeze on this stock as well according to their postings on Reddit. Some are predicting this will run up massively by week's end.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Agreed, they may not get this kind of opportunity again.
The look term bearish outlook by analyst I believe is the right one despite what's going on right now.

SIDE NOTE: Market flash crash happening .
My portfolio went from VERY VERY GREEN to red in 30 minutes or less. Hahaha. I love this money game
Also, the market overall is red so the fact that your portfolio is even Green tells me you are an astute investor.

I thought I noticed a flash crash earlier - I hold $POLA and it went from $30 to $21 to $26 in about 15 mins. Not sure if it was a flash crash or halt from a whale dump or technical difficulties.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The WSB daytrade degenerates(A. Pompliano quote) are trying to create another short squeeze on this stock as as well according to their postings on Reddit. Some are predicting this will run up massively by week's end.
$APHA is another one - but the news is public. Brothas need to stop blindly following these FURUs and do their own research.

I think I saw @HellBoy active earlier so I’m not positing shit about it.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Also, the market overall is red so the fact that your portfolio is even Green tells me you are an astute investor.

I thought I noticed a flash crash earlier - I hold $POLA and it went from $30 to $21 to $26 in about 15 mins. Not sure if it was a flash crash or halt from a whale dump or technical difficulties.

Thanks man. Years of messing up teaches you a thing or two. lol

It's only this past year I've been super active in trading. I sat on the sidelines for years watching the Dow go from 17k to 28K waiting for the 2nd coming of "the big crash". I missed out on a lot of profits, but had time to refine my techniques. I still consider myself
an average trader at best as there's so much more to learn. Being in a community like this and others help.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The WSB daytrade degenerates (A. Pompliano quote) are trying to create another short squeeze on this stock as well according to their postings on Reddit. Some are predicting this will run up massively by week's end.
Also, a lot of these pump groups are people that cashed out at the high in crypto in 2017 and have migrated to the stock market. It takes a lot of money to move the market like this and that is what people underestimate.

but to your point, these are also millennials too and we are mad the baby boomers tried to put us in perpetual debt with high interest student loans and raising the price of education all while taking the national debt to record levels and saying “no jobs” after people graduated with 5-6 figures of debt.

this is a money war of old vs. new and the new actually has the tools to compete because of technology.

remember, old man Buffet shit on cryptocurrencies but how much money did he miss out on by doing it that younger people benefitted from?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thanks man. Years of messing up teaches you a thing or two. lol

It's only this past year I've been super active in trading. I sat on the sidelines for years watching the Dow go from 17k to 28K waiting for the 2nd coming of "the big crash". I missed out on a lot of profits, but had time to refine my techniques. I still consider myself
an average trader at best as there's so much more to learn. Being in a community like this and others help.
Same here - it was mainly COVID that was the catalyst for me to “go pro” with it and now it is like a second career for me. The next crash is coming soon, IMO, I’m thinking the earliest would be Q3 of 2021. And as soon as the interest rates go back up :itsawrap:

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
cszaaywojhd61.jpg

Group A bought something using A LOT of credit because they thought it was overvalued. If item goes down in price by the time that group predicted, Group A makes $

Group B saw that group A used a lot of leverage (debt) to buy something they think is not as overvalued. They take a position against you and begin buying this item by the tons. There's a lot more of them than you. This forces the market price of the item to go up like crazy. As item price goes up, more folks begin to buy into the item like group B did worsening the position taken up by Group A.

Group A now has to cover the borrowed debt they took out because their account don't have the monies/liquidity to make up for them having to buy the item to cover their borrowed debt.

Theoretically the price can go up perpetually for group B and if you're Group A, the drop is also dropping perpetually. No floor.
All of this happens within the span of the contract.

I may be missing a detail here and there, but that's the general principle. Perhaps someone else can explain it more fundamentally than I can.

Last edited:

TIMEISMONEY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It’s so funny you can spend your life doing the right thing
401k that barely meets the market
Savings account getting 1% back

then all of a sudden You find out you can get 10k in one day off a meme stock :smh:

shit is the same high you get off gambling
No wonder it’s easy for people to lose it all
This shit is so addictive it's crazy. Self discipline is a must.

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Also, a lot of these pump groups are people that cashed out at the high in crypto in 2017 and have migrated to the stock market. It takes a lot of money to move the market like this and that is what people underestimate.

but to your point, these are also millennials too and we are mad the baby boomers tried to put us in perpetual debt with high interest student loans and raising the price of education all while taking the national debt to record levels and saying “no jobs” after people graduated with 5-6 figures of debt.

this is a money war of old vs. new and the new actually has the tools to compete because of technology.

remember, old man Buffet shit on cryptocurrencies but how much money did he miss out on by doing it that younger people benefitted from?

YES!!
Hence the reason they want to regulate the crypto markets so hard. We've beaten them to the punch. We've developed a way to fight back and they are irate at having their supremacy challenged. The fella (RoaringKitty on youtube) who started the whole GWE short squeezed against the hedge funds is your standard gamer nerd. I love that shit. His pic had me dying, bro.

This is the dude took down Wall Street in a week. :lol:

8493590918383daff6e62353d205afe0e237077f290d0f361d5da42fb324a552d535658a.jpg

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is that the play for AMC? I'm trying to understand the appropriate option play. I'm guessing I buy call contracts while it is trading at $4.50 or am I too late.

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Curious... are you doing this thru option plays or timing you actual position purchase for a homerun? or am I not fully understanding(I'm a novice)
wpRj3Wm.png

This is a regular stock swing with an initial position of 125 shares. I will add more or average down based on the price action. I am betting that the stock doubles in less than 60 days. You can see the red days at the end of August that brought the stock down from $26 to $12. The short interest increased by 800k in December. I've been watching it for a month, and waiting for it to clear $13.83 (Friday). The red arrow is $16 resistance, as soon as it cleared it, I entered. Now, its up to the market gods and FDA. The plan is to exit before their earnings on 3/26.