Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
Noob question but is this a positive catalyst for a major breakout soon?

Think about the ripple effect and the stones drop in the pond. Shockwaves and where it goes. I’m trying to learn the algorithm of where that shockwave goes. Man I’ve made more money here than any bank in less than a year.

Edit. For those scared download Robinhood app and get PLUG and FCEL. Let’s get it y’all! If you got 5k go hard on TESLA. If you don’t go for the penny stocks I listed. We can all eat. You can buy slivers until you get full stocks. I’m talking a true 10% return on your money sometimes in les than a year! I’m all in

Last edited:

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Finally decided to get in the game and learn myself yesterday. I look forward to learning and making money with the good brothers in here.
good luck. It is the most is difficult game you’ll ever play but you have some time to learn before the recession hits and the thread disappears again due to people losing $.

SmaLLz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
BTCS is a great stock to day trade because of the quick swings and massive volume.
It moves up and down in conjunction with the crypto market.
Whenever there's a dip, I buy it and make a quick10-20% return.
@APOPHIS By dip do you mean when it is back under a dollar?

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
@APOPHIS By dip do you mean when it is back under a dollar?

No. Too risky for you to wait for it to fall that far.
I mean every time I notice it drops 10% or more (no matter the price) I buy $1000's worth because Bitcoin/crypto is a growing market and set to rise exponentially over the coming months and years.

Today it's down by 35% so I bought in and will hold it until it rises another 35% in the next few days.

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So when you going to start your U-tube Chanel? Good shit playa. Your work is appreciated.
man i wouldnt even have the time to do that. its easier just to provide u guys updates....(sometimes in real time)
or just give u stocks to watch or swing day/days in advance so that you all can make money. i work 2 cybersecurity jobs (thankfully remote)
and do this as well. that takes up a majority of my time.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered

He's all yours AG James.

181211-leticia-tish-james-se-349p_8653a3f9eb260165fa928e03fb4a5430.fit-760w.jpg

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My Nigga! Jack was like they can't miss you if you never gone baby!

JackMa_14032020.JPG

$BABA popped just because this man showed up on a zoom call :roflmao:. They really thought China was gonna off one of their cash cows. I hope everyone bought the dip. I grabbed a bunch of calls when they were super low but every dip I picked a further month out and a lower strike just to give myself more time. I was up 200% across the board. Today, I took profit to get back my cost basis and letting the rest ride the ER run up which is set for Feb. 2nd.

For those asking to know specific strategies and exits, I made my first real buys of January today all of which are set up to profit from a price increase in anticipation of upcoming earnings reports in late January / early February. I read charts so I picked up a few of my reg plays that were at or near support: $SNAP, $PINS and $AMD. I bought or sold $1 spreads grabbing multiple monthly option contracts set to expire on 2/19.

I also picked up a some longer term plays with $BAC and $IPOF. Bank of America is a new play for me as I wanted to have a financial stock to trade in 2021. It moves really slow so I grabbed a May 19th call spread option for $34/35 strike. The second one, $IPOF, is more of a risky speculative move. $IPOF is a spac play so there is no company associated with it yet. I wanted to buy shares but it moved away from my buy zone. So I decided to get a couple of 3/19 options with a slightly wider spread ($2.50) for .40. SPACs tend to run off of rumors of who they will merge with or when a deal is made. Given the popularity of this set of spacs and the fact that $IPOF is their largest one I expect it to keep growing even if nothing is announced by late March and if something big is rumored it will run up far more than $3.

The last move I did was straight yolo for $MU at the end of the day. Its no longer on my watch list but I bought a few super cheap long calls that popped up on the unusual volume list on the barchart.com site. It doesnt have earnings but it will react off of $INTC and $AMD earnings reports on 1/21 and 1/26. Not expecting a massive money maker but may make a couple quick dollars on initial movement.

Since all of these are options, my exit plan is to close them when I am up 50% or more or just prior to earnings whichever comes first. If i have multiple contracts and have gained more than 50% I will keep one or two through earnings. I will likely do similar trades around earnings from the main stocks on my watch list since that, along with Biden's initial moves, will be the main catalysts over the next month or so. Wish me luck and happy to get thoughts or questions.

Last edited:

Coldchi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
had a busy today with work......
swings for tomorrow....i'd say jump in now while there's still time.
MDGS, ZSAN, CLSN, ADMP, & KODK

Bushmon

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Still learning:
How many of you use position size as a rule? I am learning to be disciplined and factor out emotions in my trades got burnt both ways, too much or too little. Again thanks to all the contributors.
Money at Risk ÷ Cents at Risk = Ideal Position Size