Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
$GBTC. The others have the chance of dropping an offering soon, especially $MARA.

$BTBT is the hot one right now.

also be on the lookout for any press that has “blockchain”in it. It will run like $IPDN did. That is where scanners and utilizing AI comes into play.

$BTBT still running harder than the rest, as predicted.

but I’m out at $29. Good luck to all.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
i am keeping my NIO forever. just selling covered calls for now.
Selling the covered calls?? Break that down for me. Still new. I have to learn options.

KEY TAKEAWAYS
  • A covered call is a popular options strategy used to generate income from investors who think stock prices are unlikely to rise much further in the near-term.
  • A covered call is constructed by holding a long position in a stock and then selling (writing) call options on that same asset, representing the same size as the underlying long position.
  • A covered call will limit the investor's potential upside profit, and will also not offer much protection if the price of the stock drops.

rph2005

Rising Star
OG Investor
Selling the covered calls?? Break that down for me. Still new. I have to learn options.

KEY TAKEAWAYS
  • A covered call is a popular options strategy used to generate income from investors who think stock prices are unlikely to rise much further in the near-term.
  • A covered call is constructed by holding a long position in a stock and then selling (writing) call options on that same asset, representing the same size as the underlying long position.
  • A covered call will limit the investor's potential upside profit, and will also not offer much protection if the price of the stock drops.

if you don't know the basics of options first, then teaching you covered calls will be difficult. so find a video on youtube to learn options 101 first. after you kinda master that a little then you can learn about covered calls

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member

KEY TAKEAWAYS
I posted a video earlier today about them.

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
if you don't know the basics of options first, then teaching you covered calls will be difficult. so find a video on youtube to learn options 101 first. after you kinda master that a little then you can learn about covered calls
Ok cool. I have to follow up after work. I started watching the Chris Sains YouTube video on it too.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Surprised this thread isn’t poppin’ considering so many runners today in small caps. January buying + stimulus money hitting is pushing plenty of trash up today despite it being RED in the markets.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Surprised this thread isn’t poppin’ considering so many runners today in small caps. January buying + stimulus money hitting is pushing plenty of trash up today despite it being RED in the markets.

Damn son, you have your hands on everything. How do you do it?

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I just purchased ARKK (ETF) and AMGN, these are long term plays. It's good to play the short game, but you better have a strong long game as well. Be prosperous, Brothers.
Yea even in my trading account I am starting to take part of my profits and then put them into longer term plays as well. I am focused on building up $JNJ right now. Grabbed a share today.

Had nice gains with $FCX and of course $NIO. $PLTR showed a spark but got dragged down during market dump. I need that to make some moves this week.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I just purchased ARKK (ETF) and AMGN, these are long term plays. It's good to play the short game, but you better have a strong long game as well. Be prosperous, Brothers.

For sure. I'm strong in ARKK in my long term account too. This is what I'm DCA'ing right now:

ARKK
SPYG
VSGX
QCLN (flipped my PLUG gains over, hoping there is still room to grow and spread my risk in the sector)
XOM
WKHS
NVDA
WMT
DKNG
------------------
IRA:

ARKF
VUG
VXUS
VNQ
TSLA
NIO
CVS
INTC

Yea even in my trading account I am starting to take part of my profits and then put them into longer term plays as well. I am focused on building up $JNJ right now.

..I'm thinking about doing the same. Either stashing my trading account profits in a solid ETF or beaten down recovery play that has already hit bottom.

Last edited: