Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
Tesla released fourth-quarter deliveries on Saturday. It's an unusual time for a press release, but Tesla doesn't always play by typical auto company rules. The number, and not the timing, is ultimately what matters to investors, and the delivery number is pretty good.

The electric vehicle pioneer said it delivered 180,570 vehicles in the fourth quarter of 2020 -- a quarterly record for deliveries and up about 60% compared from the fourth quarter of 2019.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
“Do not confuse the trade date with the settlement date, which is the date by which the stock must be delivered and payment must be made.
Example.

You are a cash method, calendar year taxpayer. You sold stock on December 31, 2019. According to the rules of the stock exchange, the sale was closed by delivery of the stock and payment of the sale price in January 2020. You received payment of the sale price on that same day. Report your gain or loss on your 2019 return, even though you received the payment in 2020. The gain or loss is long term or short term depending on whether you held the stock more than 1 year. Your holding period ended on December 31.”

Looks like you are correct
Thanks for acknowledging that, brotha. I know people think they know it all because they had some success this year but if you don’t know the rules of the game, you can get yourself in real trouble out here with the collection agency of the banking cartels aka IRS.

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tesla released fourth-quarter deliveries on Saturday. It's an unusual time for a press release, but Tesla doesn't always play by typical auto company rules. The number, and not the timing, is ultimately what matters to investors, and the delivery number is pretty good.

The electric vehicle pioneer said it delivered 180,570 vehicles in the fourth quarter of 2020 -- a quarterly record for deliveries and up about 60% compared from the fourth quarter of 2019.
Li kicked it off Friday with 6,100+ deliveries! They killed it. That’s like a 30% increase month over month. TSLA just came in just shy of their 500k goal for the year. NIO and XPEV will release next, prob tomorrow afternoon sometime / Monday China time. If NIO can just stay the leader and have even a similar bump as Li they would hit 7k. If they hit anywhere near that this whole week will be super bullish for all the EVs.

I’m in deep on NIO options at low strikes. If it can go on one of its epic runs this week.....:money:

All I need it to do is stay above $47.00 thru Jan. 15th

Supersav

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Li kicked it off Friday with 6,100+ deliveries! They killed it. That’s like a 30% increase month over month. TSLA just came in just shy of their 500k goal for the year. NIO and XPEV will release next, prob tomorrow afternoon sometime / Monday China time. If NIO can just stay the leader and have even a similar bump as Li they would hit 7k. If they hit anywhere near that this whole week will be super bullish for all the EVs.

I’m in deep on NIO options at low strikes. If it can go on one of its epic runs this week.....:money:

I have 50c calls for jan 15

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

NIO deliveries - 7,007 :hellyea:

681ac8c46f87fc7967a11a36addc2f03.jpg

Last edited:

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
yeah its scary but i think he made it up with bngo

Not yet...I got in late at $2.67 (current AF market value is $4.02). You know the drill: If it continues to go up I'll take my principal out and let the rest ride.

Gonna track the news on this one and see if it has a similar trajectory as PACB.

Last edited:

Rudey

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I’ve hit 2 penny sticks / lotto tickets this year.
one being $NVAX (COVID-19).

Check the price of $ALPP. Went from a March 30 low of $0.0001 - $4.79 in Dec 2020 (high)
I’ll let you brothas do the math on it. :money:

Oh well, if you buy at the low and sell at the high $500 will turn you in a millionaire.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
Is there a tutorial or a jump on point you guys recommend for someot that knows little about the market?

Here are some videos I've saved over time. Chris Sain and Phill Town's channels have videos going far back that begin with the basics like "What is Investing?" all the way to more advanced stuff like options trading:

Chris Sain - How to Invest Your First $1000

..let me know if this helped, or what level you're at and I'll try to provide more focused info. Also, take a look back or search this thread. There had been a lot of good advice and tips posted up in here..

Last edited:

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Not yet...I got in late at $2.67 (current AF market value is $4.02). You know the drill: If it continues to go up I'll take my principle out and let the rest ride.

Gonna track the news on this one and see if it has a similar trajectory as PACB.
yeah im watching bngo from the sidelines , too volatile at this point, i missed it by a day or so, i had it on my watchlist but forgot to pounce in the morning til the next day when i seen the news !! :eek2: :eek2: its gonna do its thing, then of course, correct then thats when it will be stable up, i cant chase

Ceenote

Thinkn with My 3rd Eye!
Platinum Member
What broker do you recommend? I don't like robinhood because of the bad press and webull doesn't let you do fractional stocks.

I cant tell u about others but i have fidelity and its pretty good once you link it up with your bank.. your ready to roll fractionals and all..they even have add-on app you can add to your computer or laptop so u can see the trades happen in real time look at how many positions that have been bought in a particular stock all at real time..im sure others may have this but im just sharing my view.. definitely helps make my trading/investing much easier...

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
What broker do you recommend? I don't like robinhood because of the bad press and webull doesn't let you do fractional stocks.

I used eTrade to trade (good enough for quick moves and price updates) I don't make a ton of trades though..

M1 to invest long term (good for set it and forget it investing, dollar cost averaging and IRAs).

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor
I cant tell u about others but i have fidelity and its pretty good once you link it up with your bank.. your ready to roll fractionals and all..they even have add-on app you can add to your computer or laptop so u can see the trades happen in real time look at how many positions that have been bought in a particular stock all at real time..im sure others may have this but im just sharing my view.. definitely helps make my trading/investing much easier...

If I could do it all over again, or if I ever decide to consolidate my accounts, I'd chose Fidelity. They seem to have everything you need now to trade and/or invest...

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
i use robinhod & ameritrade ,robinhood lacks in some areas but has a great simple UI , i also use ameritrade becos its gives u more analytical info about the market

Efkie

International
International Member

Interactive Brokers for Long term investing and options trading and Tastyworks for options trading.
IMO IB is not for beginners, but there is no international broker that can compare.

Last edited:

sickwidit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I use them already but need something where I can buy/sell at anytime.
I have various but the main one I use is Schwab. They have great customer service and they recently bought Ameritrade so they will be combining and using Think or Swim software. They also offer fractional shares.

However, y’all know the drill like my main Chris Sain say:

This post was sponsored by Webull sign up with my link below and get yourself and your boy some free stocks - https://act.webull.com/pt/kNQ2uDascjxs/5p3/inviteUs/

:happy:

Last edited: