Anyone Fucking with VR?

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
why not use the head strap? If not buying games from the Oculus store, where do we buy them?
The original headstrap is ass. It leaves the weight of the device soley on your forehead without efficiently distributing the weight to the rest of your head. Trust me, you wont use it very long without feelin the pain with the original head strap. Most Quest users will recommend The Elite Strap (With or without battery), and similiar Halo Straps or the Bobovr M2.

Ok, some games have to be purchased from The Oculus Store, for example Population One (Which is on sale for $20.99/-30% until Sunday Mar 20th, 06:59:00), Zenith: The Last City, After the Fall, Golf+, Dash Dash World, Black Hole Pool, Premium Bowling, Supernatural, Top Golf, Oathbreakers, FitXR and a very few others. Those games have been declared uncrackable.

Many Free games can be obtained from SideQuest. They have mostly preleased games and games that are in development along with others that havent quite made it to the Oculus Store. There are some hidden gems there. Now, what you really want acces to is FFAIO and Rookies Sideloader. I go through Telegram and Vr Pirates. Keywords: FFAIO, Rookies Sideloader, Telegram, VR Pirates, SIdeQuest, and App Lab Lmk if u have any problems.

Last edited:

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
The strap it came with is just fine. And yeah, where else can we buy games if not from the oculus store?
If u want to Buy them, go to App Lab and Sidequest. The latter will have free and games to purchase. I prefer the free ones cuz the ones that are for purchase can usually be obtained for free from the other places that I listed. As for the original headstrap...you must not have anything to compare it to. Its ok for brief periods of play. But if you play for fairly longer sessions or you are playing a really active game, you may want to invest in the other straps. Just look into it. If you are cool with the original strap, no harm/no foul.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Im sorry...I forgot to add that the resources that I listed all require you to have a pc/laptop and install software. The software is free. Sidequest now has a way to use your phone to add games to your Oculus. Gimmie a minute...Im gonna drop some noteworthy links, my fault fam...

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Man, my Valve index knuckles controllers died on me, they don't charge anymore. I spent over 400 for them (brand new) yet they are bricked after 5 months.
Valve told me some bullshit solution to reset them by charging for ten minutes then holding the power button for 15 secs and if it doesn't work repeat. I tried three times, shit didn't work, will try a few more times tomorrow after I wake up if not I am sending those bitches back.
61Tv8nO75ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man, my Valve index knuckles controllers died on me, they don't charge anymore. I spent over 400 for them (brand new) yet they are bricked after 5 months.
Valve told me some bullshit solution to reset them by charging for ten minutes then holding the power button for 15 secs and if it doesn't work repeat. I tried three times, shit didn't work, will try a few more times tomorrow after I wake up if not I am sending those bitches back.
61Tv8nO75ML._AC_SL1500_.jpg
I hate this happened to you my dude. Thats just one reason that I am glad that I got an Oculus Quest 2. I dont have to worry about that happening. I just open up the battery compartment and add my own AA rechargeable batteries. I hope you get your situation rectified to your satisfaction.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
The original headstrap is ass. It leaves the weight of the device soley on your forehead without efficiently distributing the weight to the rest of your head. Trust me, you wont use it very long without feelin the pain with the original head strap. Most Quest users will recommend The Elite Strap (With or without battery), and similiar Halo Straps or the Bobovr M2.

Ok, some games have to be purchased from The Oculus Store, for example Population One (Which is on sale for $20.99/-30% until Sunday Mar 20th, 06:59:00), Zenith: The Last City, After the Fall, Golf+, Dash Dash World, Black Hole Pool, Premium Bowling, Supernatural, Top Golf, Oathbreakers, FitXR and a very few others. Those games have been declared uncrackable.

Many Free games can be obtained from SideQuest. They have mostly preleased games and games that are in development along with others that havent quite made it to the Oculus Store. There are some hidden gems there. Now, what you really want acces to is FFAIO and Rookies Sideloader. I go through Telegram and Vr Pirates. Keywords: FFAIO, Rookies Sideloader, Telegram, VR Pirates, SIdeQuest, and App Lab Lmk if u have any problems.
I'll have to keep the headset in mind. I'm not a big on gaming I got it for exercising. Right now I have Supernatural, Beat Saber, and a few others, but I've only had it for 4 days, so I'm still learning the whole thing of it.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
hell yea. I want one of these.

Check this out. I got this bad boy right here.

I was going to cop one of those for the looks, but when it comes to vr gameplay the pro-tube is actually better. Sure it looks corny but when you are in vr you cannot see the actual gun so having a stock that can be modified triumphs because you can adjust it to look and feel like the guns in the game, well at least your favorite gun.
Also mounting and unmounting your controllers takes time to get used to, my advice is to get the magnet cups that can attach more easily, note I had this for the Vive wands and now the index knuckles and the magnet base for the Vive is much easier to mount and dismount. Lastly, the Pro-tube can be upgraded to the force tube where there is haptic feedback at the butt of the gun. A cool feature, but to be honest getting all that shit ready is sort of a lot of work, and I cannot lie many times I am too lazy to hook it up. But when I do the shit is cool, a little underpowered but it does add to the level of immersion. But in reality, you'd be just fine without the force tube butt.
UVwyrSL.jpg

I know it looks crazy but once in VR, you can get it to look and feel exactly like the gun you are holding, and even the weight distribution feel right.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I'm giving my Oculus to my ex. If Apple puts everything into this headset it will blow away Oculus. Not a big FB/Meta fan. Apple is the lesser of the two evils.

If I had of known that I HAD to use my FB I wouldn't have gotten it. I'm not a fan of linking everything to FB. That really irritated me. So I really understand your point.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I had of known that I HAD to use my FB I wouldn't have gotten it. I'm not a fan of linking everything to FB. That really irritated me. So I really understand your point.
There is a way around that. Supposedly, a future Official Update will eliminate that requirement altogether. But as of now, there is a workaround...

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'll have to keep the headset in mind. I'm not a big on gaming I got it for exercising. Right now I have Supernatural, Beat Saber, and a few others, but I've only had it for 4 days, so I'm still learning the whole thing of it.
Ok, there are lots of good exercise games on The Meta/Oculus Quest 2. FitXR, Supernatural (as u mentioned), Liteboxer, Thrill of The Fight (Gives U a damn good workout), Vr Workout - Bootcamp, Synth Riders, Ultra Real Runner, Hitstream, Racket NX, Song Beater, X-Fitness, PowerBeatsVR, Cyber Tennis, HitMotion, Les Mills BodyCombat.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Ok, there are lots of good exercise games on The Meta/Oculus Quest 2. FitXR, Supernatural (as u mentioned), Liteboxer, Thrill of The Fight (Gives U a damn good workout), Vr Workout - Bootcamp, Synth Riders, Ultra Real Runner, Hitstream, Racket NX, Song Beater, X-Fitness, PowerBeatsVR, Cyber Tennis, HitMotion, Les Mills BodyCombat.
I do have Liteboxer and FitXR but I have to admit boxing is harder than I thought lol but I’m really having fun. Thanks for the other recommendations too.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
I do have Liteboxer and FitXR but I have to admit boxing is harder than I thought lol but I’m really having fun. Thanks for the other recommendations too.
You are welcome. Oh Shape is pretty decent as well.
I came back to say FitXR changed my mind on Boxing. HIIT was actually pretty cool.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Yo, that Creed boxing game gonna fuck around and give someone a stroke. Oh don't sleep on Beat Saber (like I did at first), especially if you crack it to play your own music, I threw on some Soca, and in ten mins tops your boy was soaked in sweat and heated.

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Yo, that Creed boxing game gonna fuck around and give someone a stroke. Oh don't sleep on Beat Saber (like I did at first), especially if you crack it to play your own music, I threw on some Soca, and in ten mins tops your boy was soaked in sweat and heated.
Beat Saber kicked my tail. I was like now wait a minute. :lol:I'll have to figure out adding my own music later, I'm barely getting this lol, but if I can just find some kind of hip-hop or R&B then I'll be good to go.

I'll try it again tonight though.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Beat Saber kicked my tail. I was like now wait a minute. :lol:I'll have to figure out adding my own music later, I'm barely getting this lol, but if I can just find some kind of hip-hop or R&B then I'll be good to go.

I'll try it again tonight though.
Best way is to add it yourself. Im telling you, the methods that I listed work, 100% I'm trash at Beat Saber, but I got it and added my own stuff to make myself feel better about being trash. Now, lemme tell you what is Super fun...Walkabout Mini Golf. I bullshit you not, I slept on it for quite awhile but then once I played it I could not put it down. Trust, just put a lil effort into what I mentioned...You will have so many games that you wont be able to get around to all of them. Its actually very simple.

theart0f69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Creed will sit you down, u are right about that game. Try Thrill of the Fight as well. Its better than Creed IMO, however currently Creed beats it in the multiplayer aspect. Yooo....who all has a Quest should drop their screen names to be added to each others friend list. I wouldnt mind thrashin some of yall. LOL

cocobeauty

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Best way is to add it yourself. Im telling you, the methods that I listed work, 100% I'm trash at Beat Saber, but I got it and added my own stuff to make myself feel better about being trash. Now, lemme tell you what is Super fun...Walkabout Mini Golf. I bullshit you not, I slept on it for quite awhile but then once I played it I could not put it down. Trust, just put a lil effort into what I mentioned...You will have so many games that you wont be able to get around to all of them. Its actually very simple.
How do I add the music? I also heard about Walkabout Mini Golf. I’ll look at it later tonight. Thanks for suggestions.

Last edited:

Texas Catdaddy

the omnipotent one .....
Platinum Member

mini golf nukka, call me bogey .....

Sloboogie

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Video Downloader extension from Chrome

Connect your Occulus/Quest 2 to your computer.

Drag the downloaded file over to your VR Headset

Tell yo wife you sleeping in the guest room until you get a Covid Test

mrblkthunda

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

new to this. I hear FFAIO no longer works or is for VIPs only. Any alternatives?