Any BGOL dudes into gardening?

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
not much
build 2 or 3 free standing lattices for them to climb / avoid growing on walls
plant where there will be lots of sunlight
as the vines grow - at 3 or 4 feet off the ground start moving them to grow horizontal strung along multiple lattice

after the vines grow to be approx 2' off the ground - line the base around the latices with limestones or limestone gravel
Thanks.

I see the start of MotorCity Purple. Lol.

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Thinking of starting a garden in the backyard with the wife. Anyone in here garden? What do you plant?

Looking to plant something that will bloom in the summer.

Did you start your garden and how is it coming along??

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Did you start your garden and how is it coming along??

Oh yeah we did. We have cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and zucchini growing. I'll post up a pic soon.

Here's some pics. The raised bed is just three 2x8 pieces of wood. I had one cut in half and just drilled them together. Cost me about $12 for the wood.

Last edited:

roots69

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh yeah we did. We have cucumbers, tomatoes, basil and zucchini growing. I'll post up a pic soon.

Here's some pics. The raised bed is just three 2x8 pieces of wood. I had one cut in half and just drilled them together. Cost me about $12 for the wood.

Right on, bruh.. Your doing it right, start off with a manageable size garden and then expand every year!! So tell me, whats the hardest part of gardening?? Im thinking about starting a garden in my backyard and I dont have a clue where to start???

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend
Parents have always been into gardening.

Pops is more into plants and shrubs, flowers, etc. He took a continuing education course (landscape technician) about 10 years back when he'd retired.

Mom's bigger into growing fruits and veggies. Her and her boyfriend have about 3 plots out in the yard at their place, a small greenhouse, and some trees (peaches or nectarines). The plots and greenhouse are for lettuce, kale, tomatoes, and cucumbers. The best yields are with the lettuce & tomatoes.

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Right on, bruh.. Your doing it right, start off with a manageable size garden and then expand every year!! So tell me, whats the hardest part of gardening?? Im thinking about starting a garden in my backyard and I dont have a clue where to start???

Building the raised bed cause I was having a hard time finding 2x8 wood and then my drill decided to be a little bitch and die on me. :lol:

Other than that it's really easy. Just find a spot in your yard that gets good sun and then hit up Lowes or Home Depot to get some soil. The soil always goes on sale so keep an eye out. I used about 4 of these two cubic feet of soil. They were in sale for $6 each.

0XNqof9.jpg

Then I added some organic fertilizer to the soil I bought from Walmart. The pic is the large but I bought the four pound bag for $5.

308mLIM.jpg

Finally you can hit up Walmart, Home Depot or Lowes for live plants or for seeds for earlier in the season.

That's it. It was easy as hell. Wife has already used some of the basil in cooking.

Building a raised bed is easy as hell. This video gave me the idea and it's as easy as she made it look.

Last edited:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mosquitoes taking over this year. Way worst then last year. I need one of those big fly zappers. Seen them in action in the loading docks in Manhattan buildings.

Tired of buying sprays.

zuluking

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mosquitoes taking over this year. Way worst then last year. I need one of those big fly zappers. Seen them in action in the loading docks in Manhattan buildings.

Tired of buying sprays.

i heard garlic is good chasing away mosquitoes ,boiling them in water and spraying it around the garden ,

TREES

O.G.
BGOL Investor
I got this joint in the spring and this catches everything. when we moved into the new house last year you couldn't even sit outside for 10 minutes without being bitten....this year 0 mosquito bites...... Follow the instructions and do not put it where people will congregate. In order for it to work you leave it on 24 hours a day.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt1775-insect-trap/

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
I got this joint in the spring and this catches everything. when we moved into the new house last year you couldn't even sit outside for 10 minutes without being bitten....this year 0 mosquito bites...... Follow the instructions and do not put it where people will congregate. In order for it to work you leave it on 24 hours a day.
https://dynatrap.com/store/dt1775-insect-trap/
Ever since I planted some lavender and rosemary plants in my front yard, I haven't had a single instance of mosquito harassment any time I stepped outside the entire summer. I would plant some in my backyard too but I'd need to do some landscaping to clear a space for it first.

DC_Dude

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I definitely need to figure out how to start a garden. I have a condo that designed like a townhouse and the balcony, while long, can get too windy at times. Any suggestions? I have a small small drive way in the back and a small area in the front walk-in area

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would use the area by the drive way. Those pots will fly off that balcony on windy days.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Saw chefresha at this spot on IG last week.

Cheap Plant Pots: HomeGoods vs. T.J.Maxx vs. DollarTree!

Drill Drainage Holes in Pots WITHOUT Breaking Them! (Foolproof Method)

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
My garden was nice until I left for work. Came back and my shit was in shambles and the structure I built to protect the strawberries collapsed. My wife and niece just left the shit laying there. :angry::smh:

:roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: :roflmao2: I'm sorry for laughing bruh. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:The way you described that shit got me dying. :roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:I know you was madder than George Jefferson when Mr. Bentley came by the appartment seeing that shit. :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao2::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3::roflmao3:

6yQGjL.jpg

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Landscape Makeover Part 2 of 4: Installing Drip Irrigation

How to Install Drip Irrigation - Part 1 The Basic Pieces and Parts

How to Install Drip Irrigation - Part 2 Vegetable Garden

Last edited: