Any BGOL dudes into gardening?

HotNixon36

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I got a little experience, just do not have the time now, but when I semi-retire, I plan on growing a whole lot of shit.

tumblr_pjjpvdc4Ix1ve0oga_540.jpg

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Citronella plants works for mosquito's, but you have to plant a lot of them for it to repel them. Lowes have them.

**Edit i was wrong (Lemon Grass)

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Bought the water pump. Haven't used regular house water in weeks. :yes: Need to buy another barrel before the weather gets warmer.

cli-terminator

Retired ManWhore
BGOL Investor
So far my lavender plants are doing well. I have about 5 planted in the front of my house with 1 in particular doing extremely well. Can't say the same for my rosemary plants though. While 1 of them is doing well, the other one has started to have brown leaves. I don't know if it's too much water or not enough. I recently added some more soil & mulch to the area around it as well as some plant food so I'll be monitoring it over the next few days but I'm worried it may be too late to save it :(

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
squirrels when motivated chew right through chicken wire

if you need to keep away racoons squirrels moles etc
use crushed red pepper flakes

81%2BkUGFUZJL._SY355_.jpg

grind some of it fine in a food processor and mix in with shallow soil around base of plants

also use generous amounts of flakes around garden perimeter and around base of plants above ground
water plants after placing flakes - add more flakes weekly or bi weekly

This shit is like tear gas for any pest that uses its nose - dogs n cats will stay away too

Or you can get the pellet gun and pluck them mfs until they die and just use em for fertilizer :D

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My pops had carrots, watermelons, onions, sweet potatoes, cucumbers and a whole lot of shit I can't remember...

My wife and I did a pallet garden in the back yard.....went pretty good until we got bored and that shit grew out of control....I finally pulled it up threw that shit away....

6xrjwg.jpg
Are these self made pallets or pre-made pallets.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I got a question for you garden heads. How do I nuke the shit out of a section I want to do gardening on? It’s at the end of my yard. It’s all weeds. I was thinking of putting round up on it. It’s about 3 feet by four feet of fucking weeds.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I got a question for you garden heads. How do I nuke the shit out of a section I want to do gardening on? It’s at the end of my yard. It’s all weeds. I was thinking of putting round up on it. It’s about 3 feet by four feet of fucking weeds.
best way for your health
weeding-400x600.jpg

easiest way for your back and knees

ortho-weed-grass-killer-043170205-64_1000.jpg

mk23666

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ok, be sure to find out if the wood is heat treated or chemical treated (if it's treated at all) Heat treated is preferred, chemical treated leeches into the soil and gets absorbed by the plants you're growing.

trstar

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Good looking out! I ain’t gonna pull that shit up, it’s too dense. I was going to get a few dollars of gas and raze it. Or make some homemade napalm then saturate it.
Unfortunately you still gotta dig the root system up. My neighbor swears by vinegar (cleaning vinegar) and black plastic bags to kill an area. Spray heavily then cover the area with black plastic. Every thing should be killed in two o

Gazoo

The Big Brain
Registered
Damn... interesting to see this thread. Just bought a Topsy Turvy for growing tomatoes.

images

As well as Venus Fly Trap. Because of my fascination with evolution.

jaws-venus-flytrap.jpg

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
How much maintenance are they?
not much
build 2 or 3 free standing lattices for them to climb / avoid growing on walls
plant where there will be lots of sunlight
as the vines grow - at 3 or 4 feet off the ground start moving them to grow horizontal strung along multiple lattice

after the vines grow to be approx 2' off the ground - line the base around the latices with limestones or limestone gravel