Any BGOL dudes into gardening?

THE DRIZZY

Ally of The Great Ancestors
OG Investor
How y’all have time for shit like this?

I tell you what. If some sort of anarchy or insurrection ever takes place on these shores growing your own food will be the difference between sustenance and starvation. Don't expect the grocery stores to be open if shit one day does hit the fan.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Thinking of starting a garden in the backyard with the wife. Anyone in here garden? What do you plant?

Looking to plant something that will bloom in the summer.
if you are in hollis/ qv
you will have more trouble from bugs and weeds than animals

ime - because my mother made me help and be her all around grunt as a kid-
farmers market has a lot of nice flowers plants that you can use some are perennials but lack lasting power -
for best bang for the buck through the summer and will ast for years - were hydrangeas and roses
if you want to really develop you can set your garden to bloom from spring through autumn start with planting bushes like jasmine and lilac or begonias -

unfortunately all the old neighborhood nurseries meeting places are gone now,

for food :
tomatoes
green peppers
eggplant
bhagi
carrots
string beans (on fence)
squash
cucumbers

these grew real easy for me around your way, you'll harvest in august through September
get the earth right by turning it over then buy and cover with top soil

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
Hey fellas it's that time at Home Depot.

zSnLU8W.jpg

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I garden. But all of us should be gardening. One of the things Elijah Muhammad mention about providing your own food so you know how it was grown. I mainly plant cayenne peppers. But what ever you plant most plants are planted around the last week of April to keep for accidentally having the plants to face a quick freeze one night.

ORIGINAL NATION

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I did not know some of you plant flowers. My mother plants flowers and fruits and vegetables. Me I do not plant anything I am not going to eat.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
NY head

Last year they gave out free rain barrels :cool: Gonna grab some free compost this year.

sheppettybone

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
My momms would talk to her plants, have the dogs sit next to her and just talk.

Her memory issues now, i go by and pull weeds, clean shit up. I caught myself talkin to the plants and dogs. Wtf.

She keeps mints plants and makes tea, man that shit be good af.
I just had this conversation with my wife. We brainstorm on what may have contributed to my mother alzheimers. I researched everything from hereditary how she ate, her glaucoma, and how she gardened. Her gardening stuck with me in my analyzing because it was a vacant lot that once had a house on it. Could it have been heavy medal molecules in the dirt. I want to teach my daughter and not fear or worry about the soil is what might be harmful.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
I just had this conversation with my wife. We brainstorm on what may have contributed to my mother alzheimers. I researched everything from hereditary how she ate, her glaucoma, and how she gardened. Her gardening stuck with me in my analyzing because it was a vacant lot that once had a house on it. Could it have been heavy medal molecules in the dirt. I want to teach my daughter and not fear or worry about the soil is what might be harmful.
Man who knows

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I was all in once a bought a house with a lawn. Planted a bunch of shit and the goddamn squirrels and raccoons let me know who run these streets.

Get chicken wire if you're going growing outside dude.
squirrels when motivated chew right through chicken wire

if you need to keep away racoons squirrels moles etc
use crushed red pepper flakes

81%2BkUGFUZJL._SY355_.jpg

grind some of it fine in a food processor and mix in with shallow soil around base of plants

also use generous amounts of flakes around garden perimeter and around base of plants above ground
water plants after placing flakes - add more flakes weekly or bi weekly

This shit is like tear gas for any pest that uses its nose - dogs n cats will stay away too

Cannibal

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Do that shit fam. Start with the basics, tomatoes, collard greens, jalapeños, kale, parsley, mint, cilantro, oregano, thyme. Don't listen to niggas about animals. fuck them animals, grow your shit.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
My garden was nice until I left for work. Came back and my shit was in shambles and the structure I built to protect the strawberries collapsed. My wife and niece just left the shit laying there. :angry::smh:
:roflmao2:

Shit just sounds funny, shambles.

SamSneed

Disciple of Zod
BGOL Investor
squirrels when motivated chew right through chicken wire

if you need to keep away racoons squirrels moles etc
use crushed red pepper flakes

81%2BkUGFUZJL._SY355_.jpg

grind some of it fine in a food processor and mix in with shallow soil around base of plants

also use generous amounts of flakes around garden perimeter and around base of plants above ground
water plants after placing flakes - add more flakes weekly or bi weekly

This shit is like tear gas for any pest that uses its nose - dogs n cats will stay away too
My dogs keep shit away.

babydaddy

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I was all in once a bought a house with a lawn. Planted a bunch of shit and the goddamn squirrels and raccoons let me know who run these streets.

Get chicken wire if you're going growing outside dude.
Mann I was growing some watermelons and cantaloupes, caught raccoon taking my melons before they were ready on camera lol

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My neighbors taking pictures of my front lawn lol. Tulips got white people breaking they necks when they drive by.

jack walsh13

Jack Walsh 13
BGOL Investor
I use to be for a little bit but it was too time consuming with my work schedule. I just pay Hector to do it now.

X7xZAh.jpg