Any BGOL dudes into gardening?

Darrkman

Hollis, Queens = Center of the Universe
BGOL Investor
This is the first time I have seen your thread and at first glance it has some good information.

We now have a sub forum in the "basement", would you be happy for your thread to be moved there?

The idea is that we can have threads specifically for each topic/subject rather than having stuff just crammed into threads and getting lost or overlooked.

If you are happy to do so I will message all the posters in your thread to let them know of its new location.

Just post a "yay" or "nay" reply and @TEN will respond.

Indoor/Outdoor Gardening & Landscaping Forum | BGOL Community

perhaps if you see any or know of any other relevant threads you could post a similar notice to the OP in it so we can get all this good knowledge in one place?

Oh yeah sure. @TEN feel free to move it when you get the chance.

madgoose

International
International Member
Oh yeah sure. @TEN feel free to move it when you get the chance.

muchos grazios senor.

Now I got to notify er'ybody, once @TEN moves it I can give them the new link.

Hopefully we will see you continue to post and add more content in the new spot.

Last edited:

madgoose

International
International Member
This thread gets more views being on the main board.

90% of BGOL will not visit the other sub forum's un less it's the TV/Movie sub or Fonz's O.F thread.

I am going to send a message to all those who have posted in this thread of its new location. I have not done it yet but i am planning on putting some "notification" threads on the main board as to the existence of

I would also suggest using the "WATCH" feature located at the top to the right of each page adjacent to the page number ensuring that you do not miss any new content. This is also available for the entire forum, alerting you should anybody post a new reply or thread.

Last edited:

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That aint gonna work Fonz and the crew posting ass in the basement daily. Slam and crew on the TV and Movie threads posting vids daily. No body leaving the main board for gardening tips and tricks. IMO

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
muchos grazios senor.

Now I got to notify er'ybody, once @TEN moves it I can give them the new link.

Hopefully we will see you continue to post and add more content in the new spot.
The alerts from the thread will lead to the sub-forum automatically.

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
I am going to send a message to all those who have posted in this thread of its new location. I have not done it yet but i am planning on putting some "notification" threads on the main board as to the existence of

I would also suggest using the "WATCH" feature located at the top to the right of each page adjacent to the page number ensuring that you do not miss any new content. This is also available for the entire forum, alerting you should anybody post a new reply or thread.
Thanks for the reminder Bruh. :cheers:

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I was thinking of getting an EGO lawn mower. Right now I hire a guy to cut my yard, but I don't know.. He cuts my shit way too low and my St. Augustine grass needs to be cut higher. Any experiences? Looking for a battery powered mower

I want to get the EGO Select Cut XP with the Multi-Blade. Better for mulching.
ego_lm2156sp_selectcut_700x70.jpg

But I already got a bunch of different Ryobi products and various batteries and really don't want to bring another charger into my garage. Also it being a 700 dollar mower, for that price a couple of hundred more I can get a rider mower and save my back.

ugk

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I want to get the EGO Select Cut XP with the Multi-Blade. Better for mulching.
ego_lm2156sp_selectcut_700x70.jpg

But I already got a bunch of different Ryobi products and various batteries and really don't want to bring another charger into my garage. Also it being a 700 dollar mower, for that price a couple of hundred more I can get a rider mower and save my back.

yeah that's a luxury, $400 is my limit for a lawn mower.

UNIVERSITY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would suggest building or purchasing above ground planter boxes. I made 4 nice size ones with post and was going to make some sections that open up but chose deer netting instead and cut pieces in them during harvest time and close with small twist ties. Not often do you need to go inside them. I have two boxes for tomatoes including cherry for the kids. One with blueberries and strawberries, broccoli and peppers. One for just herbs.

Pay attention to you weather zone for your area and plant accordingly. It’s allot of trial and error but great if you have or don’t have kids.

Peace!!

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Got done laying down cardboard in my garden as a weed preventer. Mixed some Cypress and Cedar mulch and put that on top. Saw my lilies starting to poke through and I was getting ready to write them off.
64379A.jpg

Bought 3 of these to irrigate my garden and they work REALLY nice. It has been raining and they haven't turned on for the last three days.
527e583d-912e-4dd7-93ec-32a8affcb9d7.b1cda2aefe1ec04ea7a964a0915bbdcc.png

Got my apple trees planted and mulched as well. Sometime this month I want to start on the gardens on the side of my house. I only have my Giant Lilly of the Valley pips:
79000.jpg

Still waiting for my Hostas, Midnight Marvel Hibicus and Blue Bird Rose of Sharon order:
66340A.jpg

65515A.jpg

Last edited:

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I would suggest building or purchasing above ground planter boxes. I made 4 nice size ones with post and was going to make some sections that open up but chose deer netting instead and cut pieces in them during harvest time and close with small twist ties. Not often do you need to go inside them. I have two boxes for tomatoes including cherry for the kids. One with blueberries and strawberries, broccoli and peppers. One for just herbs.

Pay attention to you weather zone for your area and plant accordingly. It’s allot of trial and error but great if you have or don’t have kids.

Peace!!

What did you use to make your planter boxes?

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
No sure if this been posted, but the brother is dropping knowledge

Homie was lowkey flirting with her!

I appreciate what he is talking about, but I am trying to resell my house later on. Having shoes and dresser drawers all over my yard is just gonna PLUMMET my home value, as well as my neighbors.

Why do we need to put some kind of qualifier on our titles? That is why I like KRS-One! I am THE Teacher. His ass is too old for that The Gangsta Gardener shyt.

UNIVERSITY

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What did you use to make your planter boxes?

I used 1 in x 6 in planks, stacked them and you can choose a length that fits the size of the area your in and how much you want to plant. Use some trim pieces to place at each corner vertical to stretch the deer netting across and over the top and staple. It keeps the animals out. Pick a height to accommodate tomato plants. I have every animal alive except lion, tigers and bears in my yard.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
So Spring-Green did my aeration today so this weekend I will be doing my overseeding this weekend and it is not gonna rain for a WEEK!!! I use Vigoro fertilizer so I wanted to stick with their Starter fertilizer but for the life of me I can find that shyt in two states!!

Also copped 2 TreeGator Pro Jr for my apple trees and those shyts are NICE!!! 10+ gallons of water for 5min of work. Adding fertilizer spikes and Blood meal this weekend as well.
0004236_treegator-jr-pro-slow-release-watering-bag.jpeg

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Okay, then yeah you one of them down south, nice weather having brothas... FCUK YOU!!!! I gotta put my shyt up after Halloween and then power wash it come May
NYC
Don't think you will see these old styled colonials down south.
I leave the furniture and grill on the patio
Worst that happens is on windy days the chairs might get knocked over

Shaka54

FKA Shaka38
Platinum Member
NYC
Don't think you will see these old styled colonials down south.
I leave the furniture and grill on the patio
Worst that happens is on windy days the chairs might get knocked over
Same in WI. I have 8 of those white plastic chairs that got stained from leaves and mold from leaving them out year-round, but the better furniture is unphased. I had a patio umbrella that the wind finally broke after about 7 or 8 years out in the wind. It finally snapped from wind shears back and forth, right at the level of the table.

I had one of these portable garages as well that the wind tore to shreds even though I had it beside the garage thinking that it would block high winds. It lasted about 3 years and housed my mower, power washer, snow blower, table saws, etc.

62860_W3.jpg

I made a floor out of pallets sheathed with plywood to secure it to. A freak windstorm came through and it was billowing out like a parachute. The next morning, I went out to find it in shredded remnants.

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
By next month i be back to this,hopefully with couple plants of sticky icky mixed in
nice yard...
some mj will grow from sprout to taller than that fence in a couple of days (literally)
and will stick out like aliens before growing buds

you might try planting a row of sunflowers as a shield and put the weed 3-4' inside to prevent "early harvesting"
but hopefully the type you plant will be bush/short type

In Queens - I've seen seeds dropped before blunt rolling, in a sunny lot, become 5 foot plants days later

Last edited: