Any BGOL dudes into gardening?

mcguyver

Rising Star
OG Investor
I'm growing some ashwagandha, Indian ginseng. I hear that when it's mixed with Beats it helps with ED
20200804-091622.jpg

20200804-090751.jpg

Bruh

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I caved and bought the Ego 650 using some amazon gift cards. It's the truth. Major go. :yes: A little heavy while using turbo mode though.

EGO Power+ 650CFM | 180MPH | 56V 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion | Cordless Blower! is it worth it?

Is it STILL worth it? | Ego Power+ 650CFM 180MPH UPDATE!

Ego 530 is $159 now. I want the 650 but its overpriced right now. ($299)

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yep you will definitely need a another battery if you have a lot of lawn to clean.

The battery is big as fuck too. It's about the size of three dewalt 6 amp batteries stacked together.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Better start buying your plants now, Items are already going out of stock. Got two shrubs today, five coming on Saturday.

I use Plantsbymail & Green Promise Farm's on Amazon. GPF increased their prices this week though.

Lead farmer on youtube use's https://www.isons.com/

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have any of ya'll ever planted apple trees? If so what was some advice that you can give? I bought a Gala and a Honeycrisp tree.

What are some of ya'll doing for landscaping this year?

On my list I got:
Mulching
-Main garden area and 3 minor side area with a cypress/cedar mix
Planting
-6 Hostas and 5 Giant Lilly of the Valley in minor area 1
-2 Hibiscus bushes and a Hibiscus tree in minor area 2
-*NEWLY ADDED* 2 apple trees
Lawn Care
-Overseeding lawn after company comes out to aerate it.

The Plutonian

The Anti Bullshitter
BGOL Investor
I got a Ego but i'm not sure it lasts 40 mins running in hypermode.

I never understood blowing the leaves rather than raking them up. Why blow em all over the place? Just rake em in a pile and use as mulch. Seen a white dude blowing leaves and he’d blow em in one spot then repeat to the other spot. Then again. Same shit. I stood there looking and drinking a cup of coffee thinking hmmm. :hmm: Yous a dumbass huh?

Last edited:

TimRock

Don't let me be misunderstood
BGOL Investor
I never understood blowing the leaves rather than raking them up. Why blow em all over the place? Just rake em in a pile and use as mulch. Seen a white dude blowing leaves and he’d blow em in one spot then repeat to to the other spot. Then again. Same shit. I stood there looking and drinking a cup of coffee thinking hmmm. Yous a dumbass huh?
I rake them into piles and then vacuum them up, which turns it into mulch.

Gemini

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Have any of ya'll ever planted apple trees? If so what was some advice that you can give? I bought a Gala and a Honeycrisp tree.

On my list I got:
Mulching
Planting
Lawn Care

Follow Leadfarmer73 on youtube. He gives out a lot of tree info. Planting, grafting, feeding.

Working on getting my garden to look this good.

Just bought some hydrangea's ( Summer crush Raspberry Red, Twist-N-Shout) Orange rocket barberry's and yellow lady-banks rose's for the driveway.

Im trying to stunt on my neighbors again this year lol

blackpepper

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

On my list I got:
Mulching
Planting
Lawn Care
I've never tried apple trees, but have read they're kind of demanding in terms of spraying and pruning. I love apples but I'm not disciplined enough to do everything that needs to be done on time. I have some very small cherry trees but they don't seem quite as bad. Hope it works out for you though.

I'm not adding anything this year. My plan is to get some of my plants to produce more fruit. And I'll be planting a couple small vegtable beds.

p5ych3

Curry Is My God
BGOL Patreon Investor
I never understood blowing the leaves rather than raking them up. Why blow em all over the place? Just rake em in a pile and use as mulch. Seen a white dude blowing leaves and he’d blow em in one spot then repeat to to the other spot. Then again. Same shit. I stood there looking and drinking a cup of coffee thinking hmmm. :hmm: Yous a dumbass huh?

That's how ives always seen it done. Then the Mexicans or the town (if it's a road side pile) will come by and vaccine it up.

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Follow Leadfarmer73 on youtube. He gives out a lot of tree info. Planting, grafting, feeding.

Working on getting my garden to look this good.

Just bought some hydrangea's ( Summer crush Raspberry Red, Twist-N-Shout) Orange rocket barberry's and yellow lady-banks rose's for the driveway.

Im trying to stunt on my neighbors again this year lol

I will check them out, thanks!

Yeah my neighbor have BEEN stunting on me, but I JUST moved in. This year is Empire Strikes Back on they asses! Granted the wife does their gardening (she stays at home) and they have their Hispanic family come over with any extras they have and plant it in their garden.

I planted some Double Knock-Out rose bushes, Hosta plants and Invincibelle Spirit II Smooth Hydrangea last year in the main garden

madgoose

International
International Member
It's almost time. Gotta prep the yard and clean the garden.

This is the first time I have seen your thread and at first glance it has some good information.

We now have a sub forum in the "basement", would you be happy for your thread to be moved there?

The idea is that we can have threads specifically for each topic/subject rather than having stuff just crammed into threads and getting lost or overlooked.

If you are happy to do so I will message all the posters in your thread to let them know of its new location.

Just post a "yay" or "nay" reply and @TEN will respond.

Indoor/Outdoor Gardening & Landscaping Forum | BGOL Community

perhaps if you see any or know of any other relevant threads you could post a similar notice to the OP in it so we can get all this good knowledge in one place?

Last edited: