Anthony Davis wants out......where will he go

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Ben Simmons wasn't exactly Pete Maravich, Shaq or Chris Jackson (Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf) while he was at LSU, while his numbers were nice LSU only finished 19-14 and weren't selected to the NCAA tournament and opted out of any other post-season tournament. He can definitely play but he didn't leave any unforgettable memories while he was LSU. Bringing him in for that reason is kinda stupid, plus he's another Klutch Sports athlete and Rich Paul already said that a trade between the Sixers and Pelicans is unlikely.
oh ok klutch already shut it down that kills that trade then.

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
I don't see why ESPN makes a big deal about AD being taken out of the intro video..

It is very likely that he'll never wear a Pel's uniform again and they need to start marketing the people they have in this fickle ass basketball market.

Nobody around New Orleans is cursing AD, hell majority of the city is like "I don't blame you, go live your life"

I think ESPN wants us to be out there burning jerseys and making angry videos and shit and that just aint us... (or nobody cares enough to do so)

So if he can quietly tip out the back door, just let him.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I don't see why ESPN makes a big deal about AD being taken out of the intro video..

It is very likely that he'll never wear a Pel's uniform again and they need to start marketing the people they have in this fickle ass basketball market.

Nobody around New Orleans is cursing AD, hell majority of the city is like "I don't blame you, go live your life"

I think ESPN wants us to be out there burning jerseys and making angry videos and shit and that just aint us... (or nobody cares enough to do so)

ESPN is about ratings and are in the business of making shit up to get views lol

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member

Shit if that’s what they want they have the wrong fans....

Man I think season tickets was $800 up top, 5-6 years ago they $1200

Next year them seats might be $250

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Charles Barkley: Adam Silver should block Anthony Davis to Lakers trade

On TNT’s NBA Tip-Off show on Thursday night (Jan. 31), just after the All-Star Game reserves were announced, Charles Barkley voiced his displeasure with the possibility of the New Orleans Pelicans trading Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Barkley’s issue comes with Davis' agent Rich Paul, also the agent for Lakers superstar LeBron James, seemingly trying to force Davis to Los Angeles. Barkley wants NBA commissioner Adam Silver to step in and stop the deal.

“Adam Silver needs to block that trade,” Barkley exclaimed. “I don’t like what the Lakers are doing. I don’t think it’s right ...”

Kenny Smith interjected with, “What the Lakers are doing?”

Barkley continued, “It’s collusion.”

When asked to explain, Barkley said, “Let me tell you something. Rich Paul got mad at me because I said a month ago, ‘Oh the fix is in, Anthony Davis is going to the Lakers.’ This was before all these rumors started. He didn’t like me saying the fix was in. The fix has been in. I think Commissioner [Silver], who I like a lot, needs to come in and say 'We like Anthony Davis, but he cannot go to the Lakers.”

The NBA rules do not allow for the commissioner to block a trade simply because he doesn’t like the deal. The league office can only stop a trade if it violates league rules.

Pelicans - or Hornets fans - will recall David Stern blocked the original Chris Paul trade to the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011. The then-Hornets, Lakers and Rockets agreed to a three-team deal that would have sent Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick from Houston picked up from New York to New Orleans and Pau Gasol to Houston.

Stern blocked the deal as he was operating as the owner of the team at the time, since the Hornets were briefly owned by the league. Dell Demps ultimately traded Paul to the Clippers for Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, Chris Kaman and a 2012 first-round pick from Minnesota.

“We cannot have players and agents colluding to stack super teams,” Barkley added. “We can’t have players dictating who can play together. ... The agents are stacking the teams. That ain’t right.”

Mask

"OneOfTheBest"
Platinum Member
say It is what it is....They should be focusing on some of the actions of these damn owners

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Charles Barkley: Adam Silver should block Anthony Davis to Lakers trade

On TNT’s NBA Tip-Off show on Thursday night (Jan. 31), just after the All-Star Game reserves were announced, Charles Barkley voiced his displeasure with the possibility of the New Orleans Pelicans trading Anthony Davis to the Los Angeles Lakers.

Barkley’s issue comes with Davis' agent Rich Paul, also the agent for Lakers superstar LeBron James, seemingly trying to force Davis to Los Angeles. Barkley wants NBA commissioner Adam Silver to step in and stop the deal.

“Adam Silver needs to block that trade,” Barkley exclaimed. “I don’t like what the Lakers are doing. I don’t think it’s right ...”

Kenny Smith interjected with, “What the Lakers are doing?”

Barkley continued, “It’s collusion.”

When asked to explain, Barkley said, “Let me tell you something. Rich Paul got mad at me because I said a month ago, ‘Oh the fix is in, Anthony Davis is going to the Lakers.’ This was before all these rumors started. He didn’t like me saying the fix was in. The fix has been in. I think Commissioner [Silver], who I like a lot, needs to come in and say 'We like Anthony Davis, but he cannot go to the Lakers.”

The NBA rules do not allow for the commissioner to block a trade simply because he doesn’t like the deal. The league office can only stop a trade if it violates league rules.

Pelicans - or Hornets fans - will recall David Stern blocked the original Chris Paul trade to the Los Angeles Lakers in 2011. The then-Hornets, Lakers and Rockets agreed to a three-team deal that would have sent Kevin Martin, Luis Scola, Lamar Odom, Goran Dragic and a 2012 first-round pick from Houston picked up from New York to New Orleans and Pau Gasol to Houston.

Stern blocked the deal as he was operating as the owner of the team at the time, since the Hornets were briefly owned by the league. Dell Demps ultimately traded Paul to the Clippers for Eric Gordon, Al-Farouq Aminu, Chris Kaman and a 2012 first-round pick from Minnesota.

“We cannot have players and agents colluding to stack super teams,” Barkley added. “We can’t have players dictating who can play together. ... The agents are stacking the teams. That ain’t right.”
Man fuck Barkley. They owe us for blocking the Paul trade.

Last edited:

Duece

Get your shit together
BGOL Investor
Man fuck Barkley. They owe us for blocking the Paul trade.

If you have that mentality about the Chris Paul trade then the LA Rams owe us for that bullshit no-call.

So the next time the Rams and Saints are schedule to play each other, both teams should just be given an extra bye week and record the game as a 2-0 forfeit by the Rams.

robinsee

Rising Star
Registered
that David Stern block was legit, Laker fans need to get over it. Kobe was done and CP coming to LA wasnt going to change anything.

as a big fan of Barkley damn id wish he learn to shut THE fuck up.

i will NEVER understand being against players freedom to go where they choose

stacked means cheating. as long as team transactions are legit its not cheating.

any adult who believe in stacked teams is a fucking moron

these were the ones who while getting killed in video games when we were kids would scream out MAN YOU CHEATING!

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
y'all need to stop it.
stranger things have NOT happened.
that shit sounds like the lebron to detroit shit
the kd to the knicks shit the FIRST TIME
the lebron to the knicks the SECOND TIME
etc etc etc etc

if they wanted to be knicks they had several opportunities to be knicks.
could you POSSIBLY land someone SURE
an all star team assembling on the knicks for what?

the knicks as a franchise aren't special
Lol niggas scared

Embiid owned y’all niggas last night

Had that bass mouf nigga talking shit to boogie

4 Dimensional

Rising Star
Platinum Member

At the time, I was happy it was block because fuck the Lakers.

But in hindsight, CP3s career would have been vastly different and likely much more successful.

Tha Great Muta

Rising Star
Platinum Member
AD Sr. Says fuck the Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis Sr. said he does not want his son to play for the Celtics.

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. said. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him." Davis Sr. this is just his opinion, and said "there's no loyalty" with the Celtics. It's been a rough day in Beantown, and perhaps this makes it more likely he's dealt before Thursday.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
AD Sr. Says fuck the Boston Celtics:

Anthony Davis Sr. said he does not want his son to play for the Celtics.

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. said. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him." Davis Sr. this is just his opinion, and said "there's no loyalty" with the Celtics. It's been a rough day in Beantown, and perhaps this makes it more likely he's dealt before Thursday.

I was about to post this....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Anthony Davis Sr. doesn't want son joining Celtics, cites treatment of Isaiah Thomas
play

Ad (0:14)

1:09 AM ET
  • i

Ramona ShelburneESPN Senior Writer

The father of New Orleans Pelicans star Anthony Davis says he does not want his son to play for the Boston Celtics, if they were to try to acquire him via trade this summer.

"I would never want my son to play for Boston after what they done to Isaiah Thomas," Anthony Davis Sr. told ESPN on Friday, referencing the former Celtics star point guard who was traded for Kyrie Irving amid his recovery from a hip injury. "No loyalty. Guy gives his heart and soul and they traded him."

Davis Sr. clarified that this is solely his opinion, and he can't speak for his son.

"This is just my opinion, not Anthony's," he said. "I've just seen things over the years with Boston, and there's no loyalty."

Davis asked for a trade from the Pelicans earlier this week despite having a full season left on his contract. He has not stipulated preferred destinations.

The Celtics are one of his oft-mentioned suitors, but they are restricted by the collective bargaining agreement from trading for him until this summer.

Thomas was traded by the Celtics to Cleveland in 2016 as part of the deal that brought Irving to Boston. He was recovering from a serious hip injury at the time.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

If this is true, NO would be beyond incompetent to not pull the trigger immediately.
Magic is going to get it done. It's not the best offer in the world, but it's going to end up being enough for the Pelicans to sign off on it.
Hes giving up too much. Lance and Rondo are great cheap pieces that will be needed in a long postseason.. An Rondo/AD combo have been proven to be effective in a playoff series.