Anime Fans, What's the hottest anime out at the moment? - Suggestions Thread

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
anyone have a list of the anime that was available on Anime Strike? Unless you know what you are looking for its hard to find the new stuff on Amazon prime

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Fucking finally

Seven Deadly Sin Season 2, Revival Of The Ten Commandants

Season 2 is actually going on as we speak...

Fucking Started on January 6...

You have to be shitting me.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Just started kakegurui on Netflix..

yeap... Im all in on this..... Normally I would hate a show like this but this show is nice..

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
netflix is coming out with a new Knights of the Zodiac this year..

CABALLEROS-DEL-ZODIACA-1-kTZB-U2163249100710D-620x600@abc.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
OK Shit got interesting....

How the Latest Netflix Anime Adaptation Will Avoid Whitewashing
The sci-fi premise has a fix built right in.
By Corey Plante on February 15, 2018
Filed Under Anime, Fantasy, Science Fiction & Streaming
Netflix is getting a live-action adaption of Sword Art Online from the creator of Altered Carbon, and she’s already planning how it’ll avoid falling into becoming the next case of far-too-common whitewashing. The best part? Sword Art Onlinehas an easy workaround by the very premise of the story.

In an interview with Collider published Tuesday, the adaptation’s executive producer Laeta Kalogridis addressed the frequent problem head-on: “[Netflix is] not interested in whitewashing it, and I am not interested in whitewashing it.” (Netflix is probably still reeling from backlash over whitewashing in their Death Note adaptation.)

In the not so distant future of Sword Art Online, fully immersive VR has become not only a reality, but a worldwide phenomenon, making the story a unique fusion of fantasy and cyberpunk sci-fi. The protagonist Kirito is a day one player for the newest and best fantasy VR game, Sword Art Online. The game’s creator, however, not only locked thousands of players inside the game permanently, but he made it so that death in-game would kill the physical bodies of any players.

in-sao-the-vr-rigs-tap-right-into-the-nervous-system.jpeg

In 'SAO', the VR rigs tap right into the nervous system.
SAO is an essentially Japanese property,” Kalogridis explained, “in which Kirito and Asuna, who are the two leads, are Japanese. In the television show, Kirito and Asuna will be played by Asian actors.” This adaption is already miles ahead of what happened with the Ghost in the Shell movie. Kalogridis continues: “They are, in my mind anyway, much like Major Motoko Kusanagi in Ghost in the Shell, defined in part by being seminal characters in an Asian piece of art.”

But Sword Art Online has a unique opportunity to please a wider fanbase while staying true to its Japanese main cast. By its very premise, the story calls for a diverse array of characters from around the world. “In terms of the secondary characters,” Kalogridis explained, “because the game is meant to be global, the way it’s presented in the anime and in the light novels, there are secondary characters that clearly are from other parts of the world.”

When the game starts out, players create their own unique avatars — much like we’ll see in the upcoming Ready Player One — but after the game’s creator reveals his sadistic twist on the game, the facade drops. Every avatar assumes the physical form of the players’ actual bodies.

In this way, a live-action Sword Art Online adaption is in a unique position where it can pull off an inversion of the kind of whitewashing we’ve seen, even in stories like Altered Carbon. Kirito can create an avatar of any race he’d like — even white — but when the reality of his bizarre, horrifying predicament is made real, he’ll have to wear his natural face in the world of Sword Art Online.

Netflix’s Sword Art Online adaptation has no scheduled release date just yet.

https://www.inverse.com/article/41334-sword-art-online-netflix-whitewashing-live-action-adaptation

I'm all in.... if the Creator of Altered Carbon is behind this.

Jagi

True Fist of the North Star
OG Investor
Is there anything out there that's like Monster? No super powers or gods of death. Just pure psychological thriller.

18793.jpg

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Not anime but this is pretty good... like an animated version of Lost mixed with the video game Oxenfree

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Any good anime on Netflix to recommend? I think the only thing still on there I've seen is Death Note & Castlevania.

Efkie

International
International Member
Couldn’t find shit to watch on Crunchyroll cause All the good stuff is blocked here in EU/Holland:fuckyousay:

Digging on anidb i found GAngsta
For now iT has My attention

Sent from IPhone

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Any good anime on Netflix to recommend? I think the only thing still on there I've seen is Death Note & Castlevania.

Netflix has tons of anime fam... most of the shit that I posted on this page is Netflix shit. I’ve kind of become a fan of the Fate/stay shows. I’d also recommend AIcO. It’s was pretty good and highly original.

chrislee

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Netflix has tons of anime fam... most of the shit that I posted on this page is Netflix shit. I’ve kind of become a fan of the Fate/stay shows. I’d also recommend AIcO. It’s was pretty good and highly original.
Yeah someone from work told me about Fate. Gonna add that to my list.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Yeah someone from work told me about Fate. Gonna add that to my list.

It's tons of versions of FATE and you don't necessarily have to watch them in order.

But I would still go...

1. Fate/stay night
2. Fate/stay night [Unlimited Blade Works] (One of my Favorite Anime) It's basically an alternate version of the events of Fate/Stay Night.
3 Fate/Zero ... Prequel to Fate/Stay Night
4. Fate/Apocrypha (This shit was FANTASTIC ...especially the last four episodes)