AMC/Regal/Cineworld Theaters may go bankrupt (CINEWORLD GOES DOWN!)

slam

aka * My Name Is Not $lam *
Super Moderator
whelp time to cancel my amc stubs membership ....

i`ve been catching the old movies every now n again jus to use my shit but fuck it now not worth it ...

sometimes i was the only one in the theater ...

julian

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If AMC can survive til late 2021 it will rebound to heights never seen before cause people will flock to movies cause they are sick of being home. I know I will go to see movies I would never see in theatre but I wanna get out and get some buttery popcorn and a slush with some candy and a good 2 hour movie.

ArsenalCannon357

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Because they are being lax with them down payment rules......if you’re not in bankrupt so you basically get a house easy right now. Also we are in a housing bubble.

This is true. I'm hearing people are paying thousands above the asking prices on properties. I've been looking for some more sub 40k rentals properties and can't sniff out shit because of that.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
AMC, Cinemark, and Regal Cinemas Welcome You Back, Mask-Free, If You’re Vaccinated
By Halle Kiefer@hallekiefer

559943276fcf2ed75fe0cb642f76c1a794-28-AMC-Theaters-Movies.rsquare.w330.jpg

Photo: Noam Galai/Getty Images
It’ll help hide how hard you’re sobbing about family during F9, but sure, go ahead and head back to the movies mask-free, provided you’re fully vaccinated. That’s the official announcement made on Friday by AMC Theatres, at least. “Consistent with the latest CDC guidance and following consultation with public health experts, AMC Theatres guests who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to wear face coverings at AMC locations, unless it is mandated by state or local ordinances,” the theater chain said in a statement, according to The Hollywood Reporter. “Guests who are not fully vaccinated are asked to continue wearing masks. All other aspects of the AMC Safe & Clean policies and procedures, including seat blocking, remain in place at this time.”

Between the ongoing vaccine rollout and the Memorial Day three-day weekend, it’s not entirely surprising the country’s cinemas would want to usher in as many movie-goers to A Quiet Place 2 or Cruella as feel comfortable attending. As for how individual theaters can ensure bare-faced attendees have actually received their full run of COVID-19 vaccines, well, the lack of guidelines suggests they may be relying on the old-fashioned honor system.

Cinemark Theatres and Regal Cinemas have also similarly updated their policies, per Deadline. “The CDC continues to recommend masks and social distancing for unvaccinated people. Masks will not be required unless mandated by state and local guidelines,” says Regal’s website. “Where masks are mandated, they can be removed only while eating and drinking while seated in an auditorium.” In other words, keep one in your back pocket, until you and your eight to twelve snacks are safely in your seat.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Oh yeah, I was "trolling" in this thread too.
Me saying that the quality of movies and the chance to make a lot of of money was going to fall off.
Theatres NEED to open back up is what I said. But I was crazy.. "theatres are over, stick a fork in em" is what y'all said.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Oh yeah, I was "trolling" in this thread too.
Me saying that the quality of movies and the chance to make a lot of of money was going to fall off.
Theatres NEED to open back up is what I said. But I was crazy.. "theatres are over, stick a fork in em" is what y'all said.

:cool:

I want to see all these high quality movies that people saw on Netflix over the past year :lol:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Love watching these movies on HBO max...I don't think theaters will be the powerful hold on movies as they were before. Similar to music when digital music came around.

Shiiiiit

that Discovery deal AT&T made was essentially because of the problems that HBO/Warner shit caused...and the bad feelings that Hollywood now has

You dudes don't seem to understand the concept of the amount of money movies make in theaters

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
Quiet Place is about to make $50+ mil this weekend

and China has gone back to normal

You didn't realize the pandemic is over?
They will break even with off domestics numbers, overseas they might hit 100+ million but that's still a loss in their eyes. Greed is a MF, hell it will be out online in a couple of weeks under the new deal the movie studios have made.

Helico-pterFunk

Rising Star
BGOL Legend

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Meh.... I would go back to the theatre at this point as well. I love seeing things getting back to normal.

The only thing I would not do for a while, is get on a cruise ship. Just the fear of being quarantined is enough for me.

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
They will break even with off domestics numbers, overseas they might hit 100+ million but that's still a loss in their eyes. Greed is a MF, hell it will be out online in a couple of weeks under the new deal the movie studios have made.

:lol:

Godzilla vs Kong is over $400 globally

How many movies have you rented over the pandemic :hmm:

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

and China has gone back to normal

You didn't realize the pandemic is over?
Opening up and pandemic is over are two different things.. if people are still catching it and still dying that means it’s not over... opening shit up even when there’s still risk of people spreading shit dosent mean pandemic over.. just shows money over life.. ask India if pandemic over.. throughout the pandemic nigs were throwing underground parties did that mean pandemic over? Nope just meant willing to risk it for reward

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Opening up and pandemic is over are two different things.. if people are still catching it and still dying that means it’s not over... opening shit up even when there’s still risk of people spreading shit dosent mean pandemic over.. just shows money over life.. ask India if pandemic over

There's 120,000+ at the Indy 500 today

mrcmd187

Controversy Creates Cash
BGOL Investor
:lol:

Godzilla vs Kong is over $400 globally

How many movies have you rented over the pandemic :hmm:
$400 mil on what was suppose to be a billion dollar movie, the overseas market brings in the big dollars not domestic, rent hell last time I rented a movie was Demolition Man from Blockbusters on VHS :lol:

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
$400 mil on what was suppose to be a billion dollar movie, the overseas market brings in the big dollars not domestic, rent hell last time I rented a movie was Demolition Man from Blockbusters on VHS :lol:

Godzilla was supposed to be a billion dollar movie?

How did the others do?

Let's see

Godzilla King of The Monsters - $378 of that $276 internationally
Kong Skull Island - $578 of that $399 internationally

So no, it was never supposed to be a billion dollars