AMC/Regal/Cineworld Theaters may go bankrupt (CINEWORLD GOES DOWN!)

850credit

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

The theatrical business has been in the doldrums since March, although the international box office is faring a great deal better than it is domestically, as Christopher Nolan’s Tenet and China’s The Eight Hundred continue to post strong numbers overseas. The outlook is increasingly grim in North America, though, and AMC Theatres could be set to completely run out of capital in just six months, as per financial analysts S&P Global.

“Given our expectations for a high rate of cash burn, we believe the company will run out of liquidity within the next six months unless it is able to raise additional capital, which we view as unlikely, or attendance levels materially improve.”

SIDESHOW

Uncle Juice
BGOL Investor
ivan-drago.png

lightbright

Master Pussy Poster
BGOL Investor
They must've had loot in the bank... I thought that this would've happened quicker.... those dine in theaters were dope as hell..... only bad thing....a full stomach in a dark theater.... those Barca-Loungers would suck the life out of you....

Last edited:

34real

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I won't shed a tear cause them concession prices is a bitch,which my old lady always wants to get something after that stupid commercial plays"Lets all go to the lobby" and I be telling myself "We can go but I ain't buying shit"....15minutes later we got nachos,sour patches,popcorn with cheetos in it,a large coke which we never get refills on.

I'm in there watching Madea part 100 to the fifth power

BYE AMC,don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You BGOL niggas are really dumb.

Y'all want every company to fail?

Y'all mad at the concession prices? Do you understand how the movie theatre business works?

Your fat asses and your fat whores just be eating too much.

Can't watch a movie on an empty stomach?

Afraid of the shame?

roots69

Rising Star
Registered
Hmm,, closing down amc spots don't surprise me one bit!! We're in the early stages of a paradigm shift in the entertainment industry!! Just about everyone has a decent size hdtv/4k tv. I'm sure they are figuring out a way to push those movies straight your home..

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What you are really seeing is a bubble in entertainment.

A lot of companies are going to go out to business!

No matter how comfortable your house is. Aint no one have movie events in their homes.

Avatar 4 comes out you gonna pay 40 dollars to see it for your family?

Then invite 10 more people to make it cost effective?

Well Avatar just lost the income from 10 paying customers. Therefore it misses its expectations.

The next Disney movie will have a lower budget. It will have no name, wack actors, you will hate it.

You will then stop paying money for Disney movies cause you no longer trust the brand. Disney goes away.

Hmm,, closing down amc spots don't surprise me one bit!! We're in the early stages of a paradigm shift in the entertainment industry!! Just about everyone has a decent size hdtv/4k tv. I'm sure they are figuring out a way to push those movies straight your home..

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor