49ers

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Yeah Brandon Staley is trash as a head coach
But is decent as a defensive coordinator
He helped the Rams have the #1 defense in the NFL
Although how much of that was b/c they had Aaron Donald wrecking shit?
Since this will be Nick Sorensen's first year as DC with us
I'm assuming they brought in Staley as a backup, just in case dude fucks up

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Yeah Brandon Staley is trash as a head coach
But is decent as a defensive coordinator
He helped the Rams have the #1 defense in the NFL
Although how much of that was b/c they had Aaron Donald wrecking shit?
Since this will be Nick Sorensen's first year as DC with us
I'm assuming they brought in Staley as a backup, just in case dude fucks up

Fellas, It don't matter who they bring in to be our DC or whoever!!..As long as Shanahan is our Head Coach, We ain't winning shit!!... :angry:..He's the fucking problem!!..

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
^^That dude has a big ass head... Back up from the camera guy.

Signing Colton was a good move. You keep some continuity with the line. This also DOES NOT rule our the 49ers drafting a RT they can mold for the future.

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
^^That dude has a big ass head... Back up from the camera guy.

Signing Colton was a good move. You keep some continuity with the line. This also DOES NOT rule our the 49ers drafting a RT they can mold for the future.
Drafting OT to me isn't a "does not rule out" type of move though. I would say they need to potentially upgrade at RT and prepare for Trent Williams retirement. They've ignored the offensive line too much these past few years and tried to piecemeal their way to a OL (4th and 5th rounds picks, castoffs from other teams, UFL alumns, etc).

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Drafting OT to me isn't a "does not rule out" type of move though. I would say they need to potentially upgrade at RT and prepare for Trent Williams retirement. They've ignored the offensive line too much these past few years and tried to piecemeal their way to a OL (4th and 5th rounds picks, castoffs from other teams, UFL alumns, etc).
Agreed. You said it much more elegant than I did. I'm thinking they have continuity with the line this year - resign McKivitz, try to resign Feliciano.

Then use the draft to sure up the line for the future. That includes drafting Trent's future replacement, which is a big deal. The draft has a lot of potentially good offensive lineman. I would like to see them grab one in the early rounds.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Cowgirls offered Kendricks more money and an extra year. He went where the money is.

But thats why we can't buy into these early reports until the contract is signed. Free agency aint done until they put ink to paper.

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
The draft is almost upon us. Time to retool this roster for the future. Get some of this youth in the door and let's see what they bring to the table. Building the backend of the roster is always fun to me.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
The draft is almost upon us. Time to retool this roster for the future. Get some of this youth in the door and let's see what they bring to the table. Building the backend of the roster is always fun to me.

Whats up fam, hope everything is good on your end
To be honest, I haven't even been paying much attention to this offseason
Losing in the Superbowl again, had me pissed off for a while
I had to take a break away from football

I haven't even been paying attention to the combine or college football much
So I have no clue what we will do on draft night
Hell, I had to do a quick google search to double check who we added & lost in free agency
A ninja been out of the loop for a minute now, LOL

Our team is getting a little up in age
So I assume they want to draft for more speed
We probably need a speedy CB, to replace Ambry Thomas in another year
We probably need a speedy WR, to replace Danny Grey since he seems to be in the doghouse
We probably need a speedy safety, to replace Tashaun Gibson
And they also need to start thinking about drafting a tackle to replace Trent Williams in a couple years

Hell man, we actually have a bunch of holes to fill, for aging vets that will be leaving soon
So they could possibly just go, best player available & see who falls
But one thing is for sure, they need to draft a hell of a lot better than the past few years
We got damn near nothing out of that last draft.....except for Jake Moody & Ji'Ayir Brown

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I could see them taking him if he's available

I've only seen a few highlights of him
But I don't think its a good idea taking him :dunno:
6'5" at 285 lbs
Means he's lighter than both Kinlaw and Armstead
He's going to get pushed around & doubled if we play him inside
For our "wide 9" D-line formation, we need someone bigger & more stout against the run
We need someone at least 300 lbs
Like Vita Vea, in Tampa Bay

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I've only seen a few highlights of him
But I don't think its a good idea taking him :dunno:
6'5" at 285 lbs
Means he's lighter than both Kinlaw and Armstead
He's going to get pushed around & doubled if we play him inside
For our "wide 9" D-line formation, we need someone bigger & more stout against the run
We need someone at least 300 lbs
Like Vita Vea, in Tampa Bay
Yeah I still remember how the Packers and Lions ran wild in the playoffs

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
GMDOehOaIAANXL7

GMDOehQa4AAXu11

GMDOehObsAA20dQ