49ers

Steve Lurkle

Star
Registered
Good call on Tank! I like Vance so we can still run the 2 TE sets but still have good blocking too. Traded out of the 3rd, not gonna lie, I wanted Honey Badger for our return game, but oh well. Maybe Swope will still be there on our next pick?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Good call on Tank! I like Vance so we can still run the 2 TE sets but still have good blocking too. Traded out of the 3rd, not gonna lie, I wanted Honey Badger for our return game, but oh well. Maybe Swope will still be there on our next pick?

yea if we didn't get badger i didn't want him in the division. cardinals got him. smh

there's still a lot of speed left and we've more than addressed our issues

got the best safety in the draft

got 2 tremendous linemen got the perfect te to replace delanie now its all icing. i think we get some speed.

we have to keep in mind that we can't trade the comp picks so we're making those selections and also we got a whole host of rookies who couldn't even touch the field waiting to try and play this year

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Trent Baalke on playing time

Would you like to see more substituting in 2013 than there has been the previous two seasons along the defensive line?

"Well, once again, that's up to the coaches. We like to play our players. There's no doubt about that. And we feel that we're going to be able to do that as we increase the depth and get everyone up to speed. But, it's a process. But, as far as playtime and all that, I don't get into that. That's what the coaches do. I trust them thoroughly to make the right decisions with that and we leave it at that."

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
There's only one way to describe San Francisco 49ers general manager Trent Baalke's 2013 draft haul: the rich get richer. With 11 picks and ultimately few glaring holes, the Niners were able to get some absolutely astoundingly talented players and wheel and deal at the same time.

They met their biggest need in Round 1 when they drafted safety Eric Reid. They then picked up two more defensive powerhouses, defensive ends Tank Carradine and Corey Lemonier in Rounds 2 and 3, respectively. The Niners were also able to pick up running back Marcus Lattimore in Round 4, whom they will have sit for 2013 and hopefully have healthy for 2014.

Needs Met: Safety, incredible defensive line depth.

Value and Depth: Every single non-Reid pick is full of value and builds the Niners' depth considerably.

Boom/Bust Potential: Reid is stiff-hipped, which is something to keep in mind. Lemonier has very high upside. We'll have to wait and see on what's to come in Lattimore's future.

Grade: A+

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:9219196&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Updated Depth Chart

QB Projected Depth Chart: (1) Colin Kaepernick, (2) Colt McCoy, (3) Scott Tolzien, (4) B.J. Daniels

RB Projected Depth Chart: (1) Frank Gore, (2) Kendall Hunter, (3) LaMichael James, (4) Anthony Dixon, (5) Jewel Hampton, (6) Marcus Lattimore—PUP

FB Projected Depth Chart: (1) Bruce Miller, (2) Will Tukuafu, (3) Lawrence Okoye

TE Projected Depth Chart: (1) Vernon Davis, (2) Vance McDonald, (3) Garrett Celek, (4) Cameron Morrah, (5) Brian Jennings, (6) Demarcus Dobbs

WR Projected Depth Chart: (1) Michael Crabtree, (2) Anquan Boldin, (3) Mario Manningham, (4) Kyle Williams, (5) A.J. Jenkins, (6) Quinton Patton, (7) Ricardo Lockette, (8) Chad Hall, (9) Joe Hastings, (10) Marlon Moore

T Projected Depth Chart: (1) Joe Staley, (1) Anthony Davis, (2) Kenny Wiggins (3) Carter Bykowski

G
Mark J. Rebilas-USA TODAY Sports

Projected Depth Chart: (1) Mike Iupati, (1) Alex Boone, (2) Daniel Kilgore, (3) Joe Looney, (4) Wayne Tribue

C Projected Depth Chart: (1) Jonathan Goodwin, (2) Daniel Kilgore

DT Projected Depth Chart: (1) Justin Smith, (1) Glenn Dorsey, (1) Ray McDonald, (2) Ian Williams, (3) Tank Carradine, (4) Tony Jerod-Eddie, (5) Quinton Dial, (6) Lawrence Okoye, (7) Lamar Divens

ILB Projected Depth Chart: (1) Patrick Willis, (1) NaVorro Bowman, (2) Dan Skuta, (3) Michael Wilhoite, (4) Darius Fleming, (5) Nick Moody, (6) Nate Stupar

OLB Projected Depth Chart: (1) Aldon Smith, (1) Ahmad Brooks, (2) Corey Lemonier, (3) Parys Haralson, (4) Darius Fleming, (5) Cam Johnson

CB Projected Depth Chart: (1) Carlos Rogers, (2) Tarell Brown, (3) Chris Culliver, (4) Nnamdi Asomugha, (5) Perrish Cox, (6) Tramaine Brock, (7) Marcus Cooper

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Goldson Vs Reid.

SIMILARITIES

Measurables
It starts with the physical characteristics these two players share. Take a look at the numbers below and you'll see how they parallel one another:

Dashon Goldson
Height: 6'2''
Weight: 205 lbs
40-yd dash: 4.57
Vertical Jump: 34.5"
20-yard shuttle: 4.52

Eric Reid
Height: 6'1''
Weight: 213
40-yd dash: 4.53
Vertical Jump: 40.5"
20-yard shuttle: 4.22

Size- and speed-wise, these guys are almost clones of one another. Reid stands an inch shorter but is almost ten pounds heavier. Their 40-yard dash times are only separated by .04 of a second. The biggest discrepancies lie in their vertical jump distances and shuttle times.

Skill-Set
Reid is one of the hardest hitters in this draft class, at least from a secondary standpoint. One quick look at the film and it's clear this kid can knock the taste out of opponents' mouths. He leads with his shoulder and can deliver punishing blows on opposing wideouts, much like Goldson.

He's also very good in run support. Reid's closing speed allows him to jet toward the line of scrimmage to make plays on running backs in the box. The same could be said for Goldson. Throughout his tenure with the red and gold, Goldson made some great plays rushing to the line and making hits on running backs, either in the backfield or before they could get to the second level.

Weaknesses
When you read up on Reid's flaws in his draft profile, it sounds an awful lot like describing the early days of Dashon Goldson. Despite the great range and ability to be "an enforcer over the middle", the knocks on Reid are suspect tackling (going for the big hit instead of wrapping up), unrefined coverage skills (can let guys slip by him on missteps or jumped routes) and a lack of ideal recovery speed.

Sound familiar?

While Goldson was known to make receivers weak in the knees at the thought of crossing over the middle, he didn't improve upon his tackling and coverage skills until very recently.

Both players also have a penchant for getting flags on late hits, helmet-to-helmet contact and other infractions.

Versatility
Goldson and Reid have the build and skills necessary to play at either safety position, despite the fact that both project more naturally as free safeties. This gives the 49ers some options, considering that Whitner's contract expires after this season.

DIFFERENCES

College Experience
The SEC (the conference in which LSU plays) is the preeminent conference in college football. It's the closest thing to the NFL stage, boasting the best teams and a large contingent of players that move on to the NFL. The Pac-10 that Goldson played in while at the University of Washington is nothing to sneeze at, but it certainly doesn't compare to the most dominant conference at the college level.

Statistics
The numbers also favor Reid over Goldson. During his career at LSU, Reid compiled 199 tackles, 4.5 tackles for a loss, six interceptions, two forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. Goldson, meanwhile, racked up 130 tackles, 3.5 tackles for a loss, four interceptions (one of which he returned for a touchdown), zero forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery. There's not a huge disparity between the two outputs but Reid's numbers are a step above, even if it's a small one.

Learning Curve
Eric Reid appears to need less grooming than Goldson did, both on tape as well as in the fact that he was a top-20 selection while Goldson was a fourth round pick. With that said, it's expected that he can jump in right away as opposed to developing for a couple years as a backup like Goldson did.

Given the multitude of resemblances, the 49ers may have an easier time acclimating Reid to the NFL stage. They can utilize the blueprint they followed for Goldson in improving Reid's coverage/tackling skills and tendency to get overaggressive. The 18th overall pick looks poised to be a day-one starter at free safety, but the 49ers secured an insurance policy by signing Craig Dahl away from St. Louis.

The bottom line is that the 49ers would have loved to retain Goldson, but simply couldn't given the money he commanded and the team's need to allocate funds elsewhere. By only sacrificing a third round pick to move up, their hope is that they get an even better version (which would take some time, of course) of Goldson at a discounted rate.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Patton was so ready to come and play that he bought his own ticket and rented his own car to come out and start practicing

49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh made an appearance on KNBR and after a few relatively cliched comments, he dropped a fantastic story about fourth-round pick Quinton Patton.

According to Harbaugh, two days ago, the 49ers got a call from Quinton Patton. According to Harbaugh, Patton told them he had landed in San Francisco, gotten a rental car, and was on his way to the 49ers facility in Santa Clara. The team was a bit surprised, asking, "You're where? You're in a rental car driving here?"

It turns out, NFL rules are rather strict when it comes to rookies coming to the team's facility to start working out. According to Harbaugh, the player can come to the facility in that 24-hour period after they are drafted, but after that, they cannot come back out until the rookie minicamp. As I understood Coach Harbaugh, had Patton come to the facility now, he would not have been allowed back for the rookie minicamp.

What is craziest about this story though, is that Patton bought his ticket from Nashville to San Francisco using his own money. The team will fly the rookies out next week, but he was so anxious to get going that he paid for his own ticket. Coach Harbaugh said the team spoke with his agent, and the agent told them Patton had mentioned buying a ticket to fly out so he could get started. However, the agent thought he was just joking around.

Coach Harbaugh acknowledged a breakdown in communication with Patton as the team had to tell him to turn around and fly back to Nashville. Given that the 49ers rookie minicamp isn't for another week and a half, he couldn't have just gotten a hotel room, and I'm guessing he does not know many people in the Bay Area.

So there you have it. Quinton Patton is fired up and ready to go to work. Coach Harbaugh talked about how it reminded him of himself. It's safe to say Patton has made a pretty spectacular impression on Coach Harbaugh and the 49ers. Coach Harbaugh talked about how it was probably the best money Patton ever spent. He thinks the story will follow Patton around the rest of his career, giving him a great first impression wherever he goes. I'm guessing the 49ers' veterans will needle him on it though for a nice chunk of his rookie year.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS 2010 NFL DRAFT !!!
LETS TURN BACK THE CLOCK A LITTLE !!!

WE ALSO TOOK KYLE WILLIAMS IN THE 6TH RD
FYI... MIKE SINGLETARY WANTED TAYLOR MAYS :smh:

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
ibhaNaCNS5Oahd.png

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
OK I've been looking at the new stadium we're building.
You want to talk about fucking ridiculously awesome?

The best part is that we're doing the opposite of other teams when they build new stadiums. The fans are closer to the action now and the suites are above and back. More home field advantage for us.
The amenities are priceless.

20090616_105056_49ers_stadium_graphic.jpg

ok and not only that but we have a live streaming view of the stadium being built...

http://newsantaclarastadium.com/live-view

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
Crabtree tears Achilles tendon

Michael Crabtree's 2013 season might be over before it began.

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday that the San Francisco 49ers wide receiver suffered a torn Achilles tendon during organized team activities on Tuesday. It was first reported by USA Today's Mike Garafolo

Crabtree will soon undergo surgery to repair the tendon. The surgery could be season-ending, though it's possible Crabtree could return at some point this season.

USA Today's Mike Garafolo was the first to report the news.

It's brutal news for the 49ers, who watched Crabtree bloom into a Pro Bowl-level receiver in his fourth season. Crabtree set career highs in receptions (85), yards (1,105) and touchdowns (9). His production took off after Colin Kaepernick replaced Alex Smith as starting quarterback.

If there's a silver lining for the Niners, it's the progress that's been made in the treatment of this type of injury. While an Achilles tear was once an instant season-ender, but that's changed in recent times. Baltimore Ravens linebacker Terrell Suggs and Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers both tore the same tendon last spring and rejoined their respective teams after stays on the PUP list.

That timetable seems to be a best-case scenario for Crabtree in 2013. The 49ers -- already thin at receiver as Mario Manningham and Kyle Williams recover from knee surgery -- have an early crisis on their hands.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205422/article/michael-crabtree-tears-achilles-during-49ers-otas

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
yea i didn't wanna post it :smh:

yeah, that crabtree injury had got to me as well homie!!..:smh::smh:..but they say he might can come back this season around week 6 or 7!!..it the same tear like terrell suggs had last season...so we might can get hime back..also i got some WRs that can step up for us!!..:yes::yes:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
yeah, that crabtree injury had got to me as well homie!!..:smh::smh:..but they say he might can come back this season around week 6 or 7!!..it the same tear like terrell suggs had last season...so we might can get hime back..also i got some WRs that can step up for us!!..:yes::yes:

we will he's determined

we have so much depth everyone will step up and take advantage of getting to play for us.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
just thought i'd leave this little piece here for you guys so when i say we have depth on our roster. and when i say things like a.j. jenkins is going to ball you don't think i'm basing it off of blind faith.

this is what i've been explaining to some of you

After redshirting rookie first-round pick A.J. Jenkins and several others in 2012, the 49ers integrated yet another college concept to the pros. With the team standards and density of the playbook, there is a learning curve for incoming rookies.

By emphasizing a steady transition, Harbaugh has handled rookies the way NCAA coaches handle freshmen.

While not all teams are in a position to do so, San Francisco knowingly drafted into strengths with the intention of developing players for the long-term. It is essentially an in-house farm system that helps with the transition and optimizes player talent.

It is about finding value and adding the best possible football players, regardless of position. As Trent Baalke told Taylor Price of 49ers.com, this is not a “need-based” drafting team:

and again why i think that it'll bring out the best from the group we have now

The more competition we can create, the better. I mentioned earlier today, we’re not opposed to drafting into strength. We’re not a need-based drafting team. We’re going to draft the best available player at the position, regardless of need. That doesn’t mean—and I've tried to explain this—we’re going to totally not acknowledge the fact that we have needs on our team. But drafting into strength is advantageous; there's reasons a team will do that.

Iron Sharpens Iron

HTML:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1640830-are-jim-harbaugh-and-the-san-francisco-49ers-changing-the-nfl-landscape/page/4

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
Also from Jim himself

"[WR] Michael Crabtree underwent surgery to repair his Achilles tendon, that he tore yesterday. Surgery was successful, and we do not anticipate that it'll be season ending for Michael."

Was it partial, or was it full?

"It was completely torn, and completely repaired."

How did he do it?

"He was coming in motion and just was planted and started a route. And felt like somebody kicked him in the Achilles, which sometimes people say it feels like. But, good news is he woke up from the surgery and first thing he asked [the] doc how it went. So, he talked about the success of the surgery and that didn't anticipate that he'd be out for the year. And his comment to that was he's got no choice but to be back. So, every day now is a healing day. And that starts today."

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
Registered
just thought i'd leave this little piece here for you guys so when i say we have depth on our roster. and when i say things like a.j. jenkins is going to ball you don't think i'm basing it off of blind faith.

this is what i've been explaining to some of you

and again why i think that it'll bring out the best from the group we have now

Iron Sharpens Iron

HTML:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1640830-are-jim-harbaugh-and-the-san-francisco-49ers-changing-the-nfl-landscape/page/4

Good stuff

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

got eric mangini

Code:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/1/4386778/eric-mangini-hiring-jim-harbaugh-coaching-staff-49ers

he's on as an offensive consultant.

we all see how he breaks down the defenses and everything on tv. basically he's going to be studying all the defenses we are going to have to face and give us consultation on how to exploit them offensively from week to week

we
are
not
fucking
playing :dance:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
:dance::dance::dance::dance:

got eric mangini

Code:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2013/6/1/4386778/eric-mangini-hiring-jim-harbaugh-coaching-staff-49ers

he's on as an offensive consultant.

we all see how he breaks down the defenses and everything on tv. basically he's going to be studying all the defenses we are going to have to face and give us consultation on how to exploit them offensively from week to week

we
are
not
fucking
playing :dance:

:eek:

just heard this.

This is a nice move.

Interesting how two unsuccessful Jets head coaches are SO GOOD on TV that many times want them to lead them.

I can't think of any other coaches who were BOTH fired by the Jets and went to Cleveland and Kansas City respectfully...were FIRED and sound so smart and motivated on ESPN.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
:eek:

just heard this.

This is a nice move.

Interesting how two unsuccessful Jets head coaches are SO GOOD on TV that many times want them to lead them.

I can't think of any other coaches who were BOTH fired by the Jets and went to Cleveland and Kansas City respectfully...were FIRED and sound so smart and motivated on ESPN.

it's an innovative move imo.

he's there to break down the defenses from a defensive coordinator point of view telling jim and offensive coordinator how he would attack the 49ers offense if he were the opposing team each week.

fam.

that is the illest thing you could have on your team. a defensive coordinator specializing in helping your offense destroy the next weeks defense? and keeping your hired defensive coordinator focused on doing his job so he doesn't have to split time helping out the offense?

1900KiLLa

#MoneyTeam
Registered
I was in a Wikipedia spiral this morning and I peeped that Mangini is a part of the staff now.. I see yall talkin bout it above.. I was wondering where the hell this smart dumb nigga went, when I aint see him on Espn the past month or so... I think the addition is great... My biggest concerns going into this season are ; Teams picking on Reid and the WR situation...

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Yup I agree 100% with 1900Killa.

Our weakness on defense will probably be at safety
(Whitner is not good in coverage at all & Reid is just a rookie).

Our weakness on offense will be at WR
(we are paper thin at WR, Patton has a dislocated finger now, Kyle Williams & Ricardo Lockette both have tweaked hammys I believe, & I'm still not hearing much of anything about AJ Jenkins. Jenkins still has not stepped up yet).

The only reliable pass catchers we have are Anquan Boldin & Vernon Davis. The rest are either injured, rookies or scrub journeymen.

:hmm::hmm::hmm: