MASTERBAKER

༺ S❤️PER❤️ ᗰOD ༻
Super Moderator
3 reasons why the CIA will not order Putin’s assassination
By
Rebekah Koffler
December 17, 2022 8:15am
Updated
Many Russia-watchers feel the world would be safer if Vladimir Putin were dead. But taking him out would not only violate the Constitution, it would require an incredibly complex operation against a fortified target who likely has multiple escape plans.
Many Russia-watchers feel the world would be safer if Vladimir Putin were dead. But taking him out would not only violate the Constitution, it would require an incredibly complex operation against a fortified target who likely has multiple escape plans.Getty Images
MORE ON:VLADIMIR PUTIN
As a former Defense Intelligence Agency officer specializing in Russia, I often am asked why the United States doesn’t just take out Vladimir Putin.
Russia’s president is clearly a bad dude. So far, in his barbaric 10-month war against Ukraine, Putin’s forces have bombed maternity wards, tortured civilians and abducted their children, shipping them to Russia by force. His missiles have pounded vital infrastructure, leaving Ukrainians without electricity or drinking water amid freezing winter temperatures.
His illegal invasion has also led to a global energy crisis and exacerbated skyrocketing inflation across the West. US leaders watch the conflict nervously, worried it could spiral into World War III.
For many, getting rid of Putin seems like an easy fix. But while the United States maintains a doctrine — albeit a secret one — that permits, in exceptional cases, targeted killings of foreigners, Washington will almost certainly not order the assassination of Russia’s strongman. Here are three reasons why.

0 of 56 secondsVolume 10%

00:58

00:08
00:56

More Videos

Long before he ruled Russia, Putin spent many years in the KGB, a fertile training ground for anti-assassination training. Long before he ruled Russia, Putin spent many years in the KGB, a fertile training ground for anti-assassination training. Osama Bin Laden is among a handful of former al Qaeda chiefs who've been assassinated by the US as part of a top-secret counter-terror operation. Osama Bin Laden is among a handful of former al Qaeda chiefs who’ve been assassinated by the US as part of a top-secret counter-terror operation.Sygma via Getty Images
First, the US Constitution prohibits the use of lethal force outside of armed conflict zones unless it is used against an individual who presents a concrete, imminent threat of grave harm to the United States and is participating in hostilities against the homeland — and only as a last resort. Putin does not meet this requirement.
It is true that the Central Intelligence Agency has targeted foreign leaders for death in the past. In the aftermath of the 9/11 terrorist attacks, for example, the CIA maintained a top-secret counter-terrorism assassination program against high value targets such as al Qaeda commanders. Authorized by former President George W. Bush, this covert mission was performed by private paramilitary contractor firms that employ ex-Special Forces operatives.
Former Pres. George W. Bush oversaw a covert operation to kill off senior members of al Qaeda, a rare example of a targeted assassination program led by the White House. Former Pres. George W. Bush oversaw a covert operation to kill off senior members of al Qaeda, a rare example of a targeted assassination program led by the White House.Getty Images Former Cuban Pres. Fidel Castro was among a handful of global leaders targeted by the CIA during the Cold War. Such efforts were scrapped when Gerald Ford entered the White House. Former Cuban Pres. Fidel Castro is perhaps the best-known leader targeted by the CIA during the Cold War. Such efforts were scrapped when Gerald Ford entered the White House.Getty Images
From 1945 till approximately 1970s, the CIA ran covert operations targeting foreign leaders deemed a threat to the US. Among the targets were Cuban leader Fidel Castro, Congo’s first prime minister, Patrice Lumumba, Dominican dictator Rafael Trujillo, President Sukarno of Indonesia and President Ngo Dinh Diem of South Vietnam. Lethal viruses, explosive cigars and other spy-thriller type tactics were all used.
e0dd2acd3574679864cd76965aa5dce2.png

ADVERTISEMENT
Around 1954, the CIA had 58 names on its “A” hit list of those to be assassinated, as part of its covert $2.7 million program code-named PBSUCCESS, aimed at the overthrow of Guatemalan President Jacobo Arbentz. But, following President Gerald Ford’s 1976 executive order that banned political assassinations by US government employees, the agency largely got out of this dirty business. A year prior, an 89-page report titled “Summary of Facts – Investigation of CIA Involvement in Plans to Assassinate Foreign Leaders” was removed from the National Archives.
Former Guatemalan Pres. Jacobo Arbenz Guzman (center) was deposed by the CIA in 1954 as part of its larger plan to assassinate dozens of leading international politicians. Former Guatemalan Pres. Jacobo Arbenz Guzman (center) was deposed by the CIA in 1954 as part of its larger plan to assassinate dozens of leading international politicians.Bettmann Archive
Second, even if the CIA did get authorization for such an operation, it would be extremely difficult to execute. Putin and the members of his inner circle are under constant protection by the Federal Security Service. Putin himself is protected by guards from the Presidential Security Service, or “People in Black.” National Guard — or Rosgvardia — is responsible for the survival of Putin’s entire regime.
Rosgvardia, a special branch consisting of elite soldiers with decades of service in security and counter-intelligence, is headed by Viktor Zolotov, Putin’s close ally and a fellow former KGB operative. In the early 1990s, Zolotov served as the bodyguard for Anatoly Sobchak, then-mayor of Saint Petersburg, President Boris Yeltsin and, of course, Putin himself, who was then Sobchak’s vice mayor. And it is unlikely that anyone, outside of his very small inner circle, could get close to Putin.
Loyal Putin confidante Viktor Zolotov leads Rosgvardia, an elite cadre of highly-trained soldiers; he personally oversees Putin's safety. Loyal Putin confidante Viktor Zolotov leads Rosgvardia, an elite cadre of highly-trained soldiers dedicated to safeguarding Putin’s entire regime.AFP via Getty Images
Third, as an operative with decades of service in the KGB — one of the world’s most brutal intelligence services — Putin is highly primed for an attempt on his life, and he has likely concocted various contingency plans to ensure his survival.
As part of a hypothetical exercise in April, myself and a professional associate of mine, a military and intelligence psychiatrist, were both presented with the question — “If US special forces were closing in on Putin, would he kill himself or surrender?
“Neither,” we both answered.
The CIA may have decades of experience removing foreign leaders from power, but Putin has been preparing for such a threat his entire political life. The CIA may have decades of experience removing foreign leaders from power, but Putin has been preparing for such a threat his entire political life.AFP via Getty Images
My colleague and I assessed that Putin would try to flee, rather than commit suicide or capitulate. The spy master has likely developed multiple scenarios for his escape, and if plan A doesn’t work, he would execute Plan B, then Plan C.
Based on his psychological profile, Putin is likely to fight back, rather than give up. His hyper-confidence and arrogance pre-dispose him to believe that he could outsmart anyone. Were his life in danger, it’s likely he could come up with a solution that no one has thought of before, right on the spot.
Putin would fight back or flee rather than commit suicide if there were a threat against his life, insiders say. Putin would fight back or flee rather than commit suicide if there were a threat against his life, insiders say.Dmitry Azarov/Kommersant/Polaris
What do you think? Post a comment.
As someone who has almost certainly authorized several assassinations himself, to eliminate his critics and political opponents, Putin is always thinking ahead. As he once said, “If you want to win, then you have to fight to the finish in every fight, as if it was the last and decisive battle. You need to assume that there is no retreat.”
Rebekah Koffler is the president of Doctrine & Strategy Consulting, a former DIA intelligence officer, and the author of  “Putin’s Playbook: Russia’s Secret Plan to Defeat America.” Twitter: @Rebekah0132

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
As a former Defense Intelligence Agency officer specializing in Russia, I often am asked why the United States doesn’t just take out Vladimir Putin.
What’s that ole saying, “one good deed calls for another . . .”

That is, at a minimum — if the U.S. simply knocks off Putin, doesn’t that mean that the Russians would be obliged to knock off Biden ???

MCP

International
International Member
It wouldn't be wise to assassinate the leader of a nuclear armed country

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Putin KNOWS where the bones are buried,

and if anything happens to him..

all the truth will come out about

who the cia really IS

and who they really work for...!!

they dont work for Americans thats for damn

sure...

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
What they will do is assist or manipulate somebody Russian to do it; similar to how Lee Harvey Oswald was used.

I detected an assassination plot which I quickly shut down. They were attempting to doxx my information publicly through various clever means. They tried to use the courts, docketing my information publicly through default judgements. Most people don't know that your employer reports your information into a database similar to a credit report. Well actually it is a credit reporting agency. I went into detail with the Elon Musk/Twitter thread, he had the same issue. Another scheme was changing the state where my taxes were being withheld to another state where I was masking, even though the job was located in another state.

Learning from the mistakes of OG MLK, I stepped up my location security. His location was broadcasted out publicly resulting in his death when James Earl Ray just conveniently read it or saw it on TV.

The timeline where I was to be killed no longer exist.

COINTELPRO

Transnational Member
Registered
221221200643-bpt101-zelensky-congress-speech-1221.jpg

Zelenskyy came to the U.S. begging for money for a probably hopeless war. In any event, the Russians are mocking NATO tactics of using their military alliance to slowly take former Soviet Republic territory and putting them under a nuclear weapons umbrella. They did this with Crimea and now other regions in Ukraine. Now they are taking territory, claiming a referendum approval, and putting it under a nuclear protection umbrella. Instead of remaining silent, I believe the administration condemned their actions which is condemning this rudimentary scheme they have been using for years.

Based on some research I have done on its history, it looks the Europeans are desperate to expand their access to resources out of Russia. This is one of the main reason they invaded Russia during WWII was to take Ukraine and relocate the indigenous Russian/Asiatic Muscovites to somewhere else to create their Garden of Eden. In any event, we need our own eyes and ears in these countries, to really know what is going on since we are intermingled with whites.

Nobody would know that January 6 was a preemptive race riot without somebody like me that unfortunately has been immersed in the culture. Hopefully that will change soon.

Bumpyjohnson_12

Rising Star
Registered
Off the top of my head no research involved... They would probably put something in Putin's place 10 times worse than Putin.. there are times when you just have to let that knucklehead sit in place at least up to a point the knucklehead is predictable and you know how far he or she can be stressed without them all out showing their backsides

QueEx

Rising Star
Super Moderator
Off the top of my head no research involved... They would probably put something in Putin's place 10 times worse than Putin.. there are times when you just have to let that knucklehead sit in place at least up to a point the knucklehead is predictable and you know how far he or she can be stressed without them all out showing their backsides

An interesting analysis. Thanks.