49ers

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
Hopefully the team is still motivated after this depressing SuperBowl loss
But first things first, we need to find a new corner/safety coach
We just lost coach Joe Woods, he took a job with the Cleveland Browns

Secondly, we need MUCH better QB play from Jimmy G
Stop staring down WR's so much.....stop throwing so many picks...complete more deep passes
The dude hardly ever throws deep sideline passes
Unless Shannahan schemes someone running completely wide open down the sideline, Jimmy ain't throwing the ball
That's why that deep sideline pass to Kittle, over the defender, might've been his best pass of the whole damn season, LOL
Because at this point, is Jimmy that much of an upgrade over Nick Mullens ??? I mean honestly ???

Or let me put it another way
If you can't trust your QB to effectively run a 2 minute offence before halftime.....without throwing a pick
Then why is he your QB ???
Im Really Wanting Them to Look Seriously Into Teddy Bridgewater.....Teddy Makes That Throw to Sanders and Wins the Game

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor

Stop staring down WR's so much.....stop throwing so many picks...complete more deep passes
Unless Shannahan schemes someone running completely wide open down the sideline, Jimmy ain't throwing the ball
That's why that deep sideline pass to Kittle, over the defender, might've been his best pass of the whole damn season, LOL
Because at this point, is Jimmy that much of an upgrade over Nick Mullens ??? I mean honestly ???

If you can't trust your QB to effectively run a 2 minute offence before halftime.....without throwing a pick

The loss of Joe Woods was a big one but I think we'll find a quality replacement. These guys know how to put together a staff.

Remember, this was Jimmy's first FULL year as a starting QB. He still has much to learn. It wasn't until Matt Ryan's 2nd year with Kyle that he took off. Next season we should Jimmy improve. He knowledge of the system and grasp of the game should be better.

I agree with sideline passes (the pass to Kittle was a thing of beauty). Gotta start attacking the outside.. and attack it first. What might help him is the addition of a receiver with size. Hopefully Hurd, Shawn Poindexter or maybe a another youngster can come in and help.

Everyone is looking at Kyle as not trusting Jimmy to run the 2 minute offense before the half, but in reality its Kyle's conservative play-calling. We've seen it all season. He gets the ball and calls a run play. If the play doesn't go for big yardage Kyle will just sit on it and run our the clock.

Yesterday the team restructured Kwon Alexander's contract. We gained an extra 10M in cap space. I look for us to restructure a few more contracts to gain space.

Dark19

Zod's Son
BGOL Investor
Yesterday the team restructured Kwon Alexander's contract. We gained an extra 10M in cap space. I look for us to restructure a few more contracts to gain space.

That Would Put Us 31M Under the Cap....That Move Feels Like They Might be Looking to Bring In a Free Agent of Some Substance Not Just Doing Extensions On Sanders, Armstead and Day

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah fam, I was cursing up a storm, that whole game
Total fuckin bullshit
Seemed like the refs & the NFL fixed the game so the Chiefs could win

1. That ticky tack penalty on Kittle right before halftime, that essentially negated 3 points
2. I saw that play when Bosa was held & was screaming at my TV
3. Buckner was held just like that too, but no damn flag
I can't remember if it was the same TD drive or the Chiefs next TD drive
4. Chiefs passrusher Frank Clark jumped offsides, but of course no damn flag
5. But yet the refs did not miss the opportunity to flag us...
I think it was Emmanuel Sanders who jumped before the ball was snapped (or lined up wrong or something like that)
6. Jimmy G took a vicious helmet to helmet shot, but of course again no fucking flag. I think it was on that last 4th down we failed to convert, or the play before that

I'm so tired of the media giving these refs a free pass.
Like they're above criticism
A helmet-to-helmet penalty on the QB is 15 yards + automatic first down !!!
Everybody wants to put 100% of the blame on Kyle Shannahan
But bottom line is both of the Chiefs touchdown drives never should've happened if the refs just did their fuckin jobs !!! :angry:
I feel ya fam.
I actually watched a few clips of all of the above.
Totally egregious!
Bruh, there was an entire drive where the KC right tackle moved early. And it was clear and obvious he moved early. Not one false start penalty was called. I felt like we were playing in Seattle.

The loss of Joe Woods was a big one but I think we'll find a quality replacement. These guys know how to put together a staff.

Remember, this was Jimmy's first FULL year as a starting QB. He still has much to learn. It wasn't until Matt Ryan's 2nd year with Kyle that he took off. Next season we should Jimmy improve. He knowledge of the system and grasp of the game should be better.

I agree with sideline passes (the pass to Kittle was a thing of beauty). Gotta start attacking the outside.. and attack it first. What might help him is the addition of a receiver with size. Hopefully Hurd, Shawn Poindexter or maybe a another youngster can come in and help.

Everyone is looking at Kyle as not trusting Jimmy to run the 2 minute offense before the half, but in reality its Kyle's conservative play-calling. We've seen it all season. He gets the ball and calls a run play. If the play doesn't go for big yardage Kyle will just sit on it and run our the clock.

My 49ers Brothers,

I'm still over here hurting and still mad that we didn't win the SuperBowl!!...But, yall made good points about this game!!..I was been saying this that KC O-Line was holding and the Refs didn't call no penalties and let that shit slide!!.. :angry: :smh:...The more i think about this game the more i get fucking mad upset!!..:smh:

Fellas, I'm going to keep it real with my 49ers Brothers, I put all the blame on Coach Kyle Shanahan for us losing this Superbowl!!..:smh:..His play calling in the 4th qtr was fucking horrible!!..:angry:...We know he don't trust Jimmy G but why you got him throwing the ball?? instead going with the thing we are good on offense and that's running the ball..

Fells, This going to hurt for while cause we should be SuperBowl Champions right now and we are not!!..:sad:

Bumpee

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Gonna miss Buckner. That was a azz of money he got though

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

:eek2::eek2::eek2: Wait.....What.....Hold Up.....Oh Shit :eek2::eek2::eek2:

@AwwSchitt @Bumpee @Dark19
@largebillsonlyplease @blackman80

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I haven't been paying attention to football at all
Still been depressed about losing in the Superbowl
And ya'll know how I am, always checking 49ers message boards
But I just haven't had the heart for it yet this offseason
Hell I even forgot about the combine a couple weeks back
I didn't even know we re-signed Armstead, until Bumpee just posted it

This is why it was so important to take care of business & win the big one
We just can't keep everybody
Too many people are coming up to be payed this year & next year
To be honest...I would've rather kept Buckner.....Traded Jimmy G.....then rolled with Nick Mullens
If we wanted to save some money
Cause you can't tell me Jimmy is a better QB than Buckner is a better DT :smh:
There's a reason why Shannahan doesn't trust Jimmy, the dude is mediocre as hell

:smh::smh::smh:

Last edited:

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Sooooo with Buckner not here, I guess the defense will go like this.....

D-line Base Downs:
Armstead --- DJ Jones --- Thomas --- Bosa
(Solly takes the place of Buckner as the 3-technique)
D-line Passing Downs:
Ford --- Armstead --- Thomas --- Bosa
(Take out the nose tackle DJ Jones, then slide Armstead inside)

Linebackers:
Greenlaw --- Warner --- Alexander
(They make a pretty good starting lineup)

Safeties:
Jimmie Ward? (free agent)
J. Tartt
Tarvarius Moore
(Man we have a serious problem at safety. We have no depth. T.Moore hardly played any snaps last year, so dude is just not ready.
That other dude Harris is strickly a box safety, but we don't really use our safeties like that, we swap them around on the field.
And I can't even remember that other dudes name that we cut during the preseason but brought back when Tartt was injured
Which means we have to re-sign Jimmie Ward, because of necessity
Then more than likely draft a "cover safety with good range", because we can't depend on Ward & Tartt to both stay healthy again)

Corners:
Sherman --- K.Williams --- Mosely
(Just like with the safety position, we have a problem at corner too. Sherman got exposed on national TV in the Superbowl with everyone watching
The last couple years, QB's were kind of scared to throw his way just based on reputation...and the fact Spoon was so bad
But now the cat is out of the bag
Sherman is slow, Mosely has average speed, Williams has average speed, Spoon is the fastest but due never turns his head around to make the play
On top of all that, I think Sherm only has 1 year left of his contract to go
Plus this is year #3 of 4, for Witherspoon
Both of these dudes should be gone by the end of this season
So that means more than likely, we need to draft a speedy cover corner)

But I guess we'll see what happens in free agency coming up this week.....

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I haven't been paying attention to football at all
Still been depressed about losing in the Superbowl
And ya'll know how I am, always checking 49ers message boards
But I just haven't had the heart for it yet this offseason
Hell I even forgot about the combine a couple weeks back
I didn't even know we re-signed Armstead, until Bumpee just posted it

This is why it was so important to take care of business & win the big one
We just can't keep everybody
Too many people are coming up to be payed this year & next year
To be honest...I would've rather kept Buckner.....Traded Jimmy G.....then rolled with Nick Mullens
If we wanted to save some money
Cause you can't tell me Jimmy is a better QB than Buckner is a better DT :smh:
There's a reason why Shannahan doesn't trust Jimmy, the dude is mediocre as hell

:smh::smh::smh:
Ion't Een Want to Talk Bout It :angry:

My 49ers Brothers, Man, I was shocked when i saw this trade we had made!!..I wish we could have kept Buckner!!..he was a real good DL for us and made a big impact on the defense!!..

We got another First Round Pick in this upcoming draft for Buckner..Let's make the best of it

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor

This one messed me up. I couldn't even come comment on it yesterday.

Buckner was the center piece to the line in my opinion. I was for sure they would find a way to keep him long term. He, Bosa and Armstead are the anchors. Just rotate pieces around them.

I'm gonna miss him.

I guess they'll rotate D.J. Jones, Solomon Thomas and Sheldon Day to replace him.

We locked up Jimmie Ward for 3 more years.

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
@AwwSchitt @Bumpee @Dark19
@largebillsonlyplease @blackman80

Okay fellas, its about that time, the NFL draft is almost here
I've been hearing all of these rumors about us wanting to trade players, etc, etc
Restructuring contracts, making "business decisions", etc, etc
This entire off-season seems to be about them just trying to clear cap space

Off the top of my head, going into this draft we have:
Goodwin being shopped around (& being overpaid)
Matt Breida being shopped around
Richburg being overpaid + trying to come back from a serious injury
Joe Staley's future a complete mystery
Trent Taylor & Jalen Hurd's injury status uncertain
Deforest Buckner gone
Solomon Thomas on the last year of his rookie deal
Tartt on the last year of his extention
Sherman on the last year of his contract + getting old + got exposed in the playoffs
Witherspoon on the last year of his rookie deal

We have more holes than people realize
So we could go in a number of different directions
Possibly replace some of these older, expensive, injury prone vets
We need:
* A starting caliber CB (to replace Sherm and/or Spoon next year)
* A starting caliber S (to replace Tartt next year)
* A starting caliber LT (to replace Staley this year or next year)
* A starting caliber WR (if they don't believe Taylor & Hurd can stay healthy)
* A backup TE (to rotate with Kittle, cause Dwelley is not very good)
* Possibly a starting caliber C (if they don't think Richburg will be 100% healthy to start)

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Since we only have a few draft picks, we're just gonna stay put & see which elite guys fall to us
Or just trade back a couple spots, if the guys they have on their big board are already gone
If I had to take a guess, I'd say their board, in order of importance/preference might be:

1. Tristan Wirfs (OT)
2. Jedrick Wills (OT)
3. Jeff Okudah (CB)
4. CJ Henderson (CB)
5. Andrew Thomas (OT)
6. Jerry Jeudy (WR)
7. CeeDee Lamb (WR)
8. Derrick Brown (DT)
9. Henry Ruggs (WR)
10. Justin Jefferson (WR)
11. Trade down just a couple spots

The wild card is that we have no idea what Joe Staley is going to do
And they will never tell the media, b/c it will give them less leverage in the draft
But if one of those franchise tackles are available, I don't see how they pass them up
And for they argument of picking a corner, I'll just ask this question
Who's going to cover DK Metcalf & DeAndre Hopkins, 1-on-1 for the next few years ???

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Okay, so who ya'll picking ?????
With the 13th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select.....

Last edited:

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Since we only have a few draft picks, we're just gonna stay put & see which elite guys fall to us
Or just trade back a couple spots, if the guys they have on their big board are already gone
If I had to take a guess, I'd say their board, in order of importance/preference might be:

1. Tristan Wirfs (OT)
2. Jedrick Wills (OT)
3. Jeff Okudah (CB)
4. CJ Henderson (CB)
5. Andrew Thomas (OT)
6. Jerry Jeudy (WR)
7. CeeDee Lamb (WR)
8. Derrick Brown (DT)
9. Henry Ruggs (WR)
10. Justin Jefferson (WR)
11. Trade down just a couple spots

The wild card is that we have no idea what Joe Staley is going to do
And they will never tell the media, b/c it will give them less leverage in the draft
But if one of those franchise tackles are available, I don't see how they pass them up
And for they argument of picking a corner, I'll just ask this question
Who's going to cover DK Metcalf & DeAndre Hopkins, 1-on-1 for the next few years ???

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

Okay, so who ya'll picking ?????
With the 13th pick of the 2020 NFL draft, the San Francisco 49ers select.....

Brother CurtDawg, I think with the 13th pick..i believe we are going to get a WR with that pick..if not, it going to be a DT or a CB...I think if the WR is not there when we pick in first round..I think those two picks in the first round are going to be defensive players!!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I like Ruggs & CJ Henderson

Ruggs is the explosive WR that would replace Goodwin
Having him go deep would draw the safeties back
And open up the middle for Kittle & whoever is in the slot

Sherm can't handle DK Metcalfs speed
And Mosley can't handle Metcalfs size
CJ Henderson can shut em down + handle DeAndre Hopkins
+ whatever speedy WR the Saints have on the field

AwwSchitt

Star Playa
BGOL Investor
I don't know fam
I'm not really feeling this years draft
Kinlaw is a good player, but he's injury prone
Then we trade away a bunch of picks to move up a couple spots for Aiyuke
I just don't know

:dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

It seems as though most of our defensive lineman are injury prone. So he fits in physically and health wise.

Steve Smith Sr. endorses Aiyuke and he's the best evaluator of receivers out there IMO.

blackman80

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My 49ers Brothers,

I watch the first round of the draft and I think we did pretty good on our first pick!!..Javon Kinlaw is a damn good player!!..Man, our DL unit is going to be so good once again!!.. :yes: :yes:

Our second pick was ok..That WR we drafted is good as well..But, I think we gave up too much to move up in the draft to get him..I believe he would have been there if we stay in that 31 pick!!

We don't have too many picks this year but I hope the ones we have left in the later rounds we would pick good!!

Be Safe out there my 49ers Brothers!!

CurtDawg

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Just traded Breida too. They arent bullshittin

Yeah I saw that Goodwin was on the trading block for a while
Lynch & Shannahan basically said in a press conference
"Somebody come and get this ninja, cause we don't want him anymore" LOL
Goodwin was more concerned about "saving his body to compete in the upcoming Olympics"
Oh well, too bad

The writing was on the wall when they didn't even let Breida play during the Superbowl
I liked Breida though
Dude fought through injuries the last couple years & played hard for the team
But when he started fumbling, seemed like Shannahan just tossed him aside & moved on
Had Coleman starting & taking more snaps than Breida

Pettis better get his shit together, or hes getting shipped out too