30 for 30 86 Mets

fourthstbully

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I definitely remember. I used to play little league in Edison, NJ. Used to take the Lincoln home every week.

I was young and went to Show World as much as possible. Went out with a chick from there name Yasmine.

Oh and the Mets.

Remember when you took the Lincoln Tunnel into the city and their was this huge building mural of Gooden.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
81ee1c36f9cf2bd0a8a622db3803abea--mets-baseball-murals.jpg

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
True. That they were able to get through the post season with the ring is a great story.

It's this new generation that can't appreciate greatness if they don't like the uniform

Or if you don't win a championship every year.

These stories are to be and should be appreciated be all true sports fans

These are the stuff of legend

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I had totally forgotten that Mookie got hit in the face in practice and was out with an eye injury for the early part of 86...

Dude had that to start the season and then ended up being in the key at bat (not taking away from Mitchell, Carter and Knight) in game 6. Shit, I remember the night of game 6 like it was last week.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
It's this new generation that can't appreciate greatness if they don't like the uniform

Or if you don't win a championship every year.

These stories are to be and should be appreciated be all true sports fans

These are the stuff of legend

How far do you go back as a Yankee fan? I thought the three home runs by Reggie Jackson was powerful. The Chris Chambliss walk off homerun. The one game play off with yhe 25-3 Guidry. All good memories.

However my pops hated the Yankess.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
How far do you go back as a Yankee fan? I thought the three home runs by Reggie Jackson was powerful. The Chris Chambliss walk off homerun. The one game play off with yhe 25-3 Guidry. All good memories.

However my pops hated the Yankess.

Man I was so late...

The only baseball player I knew coming up was Reggie, that was my idol...

My family was into soccer and boxing and tennis

My dad was hard-core baseball.

I really started Jeter rookie year and studied from there backward.

So from all the Yankee legends to negro leagues to all the black and latino greats

And those great Cincinnati, Atlanta, Cardinals teams...

So even though I'm yankees for life I never been into HATING other teams outside the red Sox

And even when they came back to beat us? I rooted for them to win. Cause if you beat me I want to say the eventual Champs had to go thru my time to win.

Older I got reading the back stories and the foul owners foul fans foul media foul teammates?

I cannot be a FANATIC of any team I root for.

I'm a fan. I enjoy the sport the competition the theatre the emotion politics trades all of it.

I root for the Mets they a ny team... so that's a given.

But damn they are hard as f*ck to be a fan of

Y'all can have that, we good over here.

Last edited:

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
Yeah man....quite a few.. 6 altogether but 4 before the wild pitch. It was a battle of wills and Stanley lost.

I think to this day that Mookie would have reached first even if Buckner would have not missed the ball. Mook would have beaten Stanley to the bag.

Buckner's concern about Mookie beating out the throw is possibly what caused the error.

I was screaming like a maniac. All I can remember is Ray Knight running home grabbing his helmet.

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
My favorite 1986 Met memory, at this moment I knew Kevin Mitchell wasn’t to be fucked with.

Fucking Cashen traded Mitchell because he thought he'd be bad influence on Strawberry and Gooden.

He hit 47 homeruns in 89.

Bad Andy

No time for a 304
Registered
Fucking Cashen traded Mitchell because he thought he'd be bad influence on Strawberry and Gooden.

That was fuckin hilarious bad influence on Doc & Straw. Even as a kid I found that ridiculous.

crossovernegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
and the mufucka could play any position except pitcher and catcher, and did it without making a fool of himself out there.. as a rookie!

Gazoo

The Big Brain
BGOL Investor
and the mufucka could play any position except pitcher and catcher, and did it without making a fool of himself out there.. as a rookie!

I looked over his career numbers. They were good. The only problem seem to have been he rarely played a full season. He hit 32 humerus per 162 games. That's pretty good and would have put him in the HOF.