2018 CHICAGO BEARS Offseason Thread

chops

Doctor of Medicine. Ringside Physician.
BGOL Investor
You know what it is. We do this every year. Time for something different.

Welcome to the fold fellas!!

6SVfBU7.jpg

Allen Robinson 6'3" 209lbs WR

USATSI_10568194.043445b8.fill-735x490.jpg

Trey Burton 6'3" 236 lbs TE

images

Cody Parkey PK

gettyimages-903066860.jpg

Matt Nagy HC

Kyle Fuller (welcome back)
6_7985008.jpg

Will add more later on.

chicago-bears-face-logo-new-feature.jpg

doggish_098

Rising Star
Registered
Burton was a nice backup in philly don’t know how the bears will use him so I won’t comment if he will or won’t work out

chops

BGOL Investor
nice speed addition in a thin FA WR class.

gettyimages-633951822.jpg

Taylor Gabriel 5'8" 165 lbs

chops

BGOL Investor
Welcome back Prince Amukamara
Prince_Amukamara.jpg

6'0" 207 lbs CB

Backup QB Chase Daniels
ChaseDaniel.jpg

6'0" 225lbs QB

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Bears match Packers' offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller

The Bears aren't about to let an NFC North rival poach one of their key players.

Chicago is matching Green Bay's offer sheet for cornerback Kyle Fuller, reports NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport, via a source close to the situation. The deal calls for $56 million over four years, with $18 million in guarantees, Rapoport added.

Fuller was already due to receive $12.971 million under the transition tag, so the Bears are on the hook for just over $5 million more in guaranteed money. Allowed five days to match the offer, Chicago took just a few hours to reach a decision.

Had general manager Ryan Pace opted to apply the franchise rather than the transition tag, it's fair to posit that he would be shelling out more money on a long-term deal. The franchise number of $14.975 million would have increased Fuller's leverage and starting point in negotiations.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-match-packers-offer-sheet-for-cb-kyle-fuller

Fuller is worth some BIG money on the FA market. The Pace/Bears front office played this one VERY well by not putting the franchise tag on Fuller.

Pace has been doing a great job so far during this off season. The draft will be interesting.

Health and play calling will be most interesting next year. Our defense and OL has actually been better than most folks like to admit.....the offense and health has been our biggest issues over the last 2-3 years. Hopefully everything can FINALLY come together.

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!

They don't even need an on season thread.....once a year...or ever !!!

Most of the "on season" NFL threads on BGOL are threads for teams that dont win shit more times than not. Unless your a Pats fan, you really dont a lot of recent shit to type about. Lets be real here.

Last edited:

husband73

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
????? Who gives a FUCK BOUT CHICAGO BEARS?????? Beat Vikings and Greenbay and be top in your division before the rest of us Gives a fuck:lol:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Bears aint fucking around. Offense and Defense!

Mack is a BEAST. And with the players we currently have, our defense will be top five. Keep in mind that we were good (front line defensive) prior to Mack. So adding him will push us over the edge.

But, we about to give up a lot of shit for dude. If this mofo come here slacking....after all we give up for him, imma be heated!!

:D

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pworld297

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Mack is a BEAST. And with the players we currently have, our defense will be top five. Keep in mind that we were good (front line defensive) prior to Mack. So adding him will push us over the edge.

But, we about to give up a lot of shit for dude. If this mofo come here slacking....after all we give up for him, imma be heated!!

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah bruh our defense is about to be elite! I don't care about two 1st round picks unless we were picking top 5. If we are good then those picks should be late 1st rounders or middle of the pack. An all pro elite pass rusher in his 20's, Bear down! :yes::yes::yes:

Capo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Interesting. I still think they are behind the Packers and Vikings but are putting a good team together. Jordan Howard back and a good defense should make them decent at least.

Tdot_firestarta

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man mack was my favorite player in that whole draft...i liked him better than clowney....hes been one of my favorite players ever since...if i could build a team starting with only 5 players hed be one of them.

The bears making a lot of great moves this year...looking forward to watching yall games...

Defensively there are a lot of overlooked and underrated DOGS....eddie jackson, adrian amos, kyle fuller, roquan smith (best lb in this years draft)

Drafted one of my favorite players this year in Anthony miller....our dude trey burton gonna become the next delanie walker with yall...

New scheme better usage of skill positions

Good luck...should be an exciting season

Last edited:

Dr. Truth

GOD to all Women
BGOL Investor
Man mack was my favorite player in that whole draft...i liked him better than clowney....hes been one of my favorite players ever since...if i could build a team starting with only players hed be one of them.

The bears making a lot of great moves this year...looking forward to watching yall games...

Defensively there are a lot of overlooked and underrated DOGS....eddie jackson, adrian amos, kyle fuller, roquan smith (best lb in this years draft)

Drafted one of my favorite players this year in Anthony miller....our dude trey burton gonna become the next delanie walker with yall...

New scheme better usage of skill positions

Good luck...should be an exciting season
I’m mad

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Trubisky is going to have a lot of pressure this year with the improvements to the offense and defense

I still don't know why they held him out of that preseason game :smh: Can't hide him forever

Complex

Internet Superstar
BGOL Investor
Yeah man they got an elite pass rusher so I'm fine with two 1st rounders who you have no idea who can play or not. You know what you are getting with Mack. An all pro pass rusher! :yes:

I thought about it, and I look at it like this.

One of those picks was going to be a bust with the way the NFL is, and the other you would hope he would be a starter, much less a pro bowl caliber player

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Salute to the Bears...they gave up a whole lot but the pressure is on Gruden now.

Cause the Bears got EXACTLY what they wanted.

I don't even Know what the Raiders got now...

Good look Chucky.

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Interesting. I still think they are behind the Packers and Vikings but are putting a good team together. Jordan Howard back and a good defense should make them decent at least.

GB; possibly but their running attack is weaker; that said; Ty Montgomery, a fucking WR; gave the Bears 100+ a couple of scores TWICE last season :smh:; this move should help end that.

Vikings? Cousin giveth and he taketh away; the ability to pressure him should hopefully result in some turnovers.

Move makes them much more competitive in the division.

Last edited:

Chitownheadbusa

♏|God|♏
BGOL Investor
Akiem Hicks - Eddie Goldman - Jonathan Bullard

Khalil Mack - Danny Trevathan - Nick Kwiatkoski (Roquan Smith will take Nick spot eventually) - Leonard Floyd

Kyle Fuller - Adrian Amos - Eddie Jackson - Prince Amukamara

Add one more young/talented player to the secondary :itsawrap:

chops

BGOL Investor
Posted this in the other thread about the trade

Details on Mack Trade:

Raiders get:
2019 1st rnd
2020 1st rnd
2020 3rd rnd
2019 6th rnd

Bears get:
Mack
2020 conditional 5th rnd
2020 2nd round pick

HOW THE BEARS GET MACK AND A 2nd ROUND PICK!!!!???

LMMFAO

eatcake

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
man for some reason I just knew they would come to terms with the best pass rusher in the NFL ....WTF is Reggie McKenzie doing

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
Did Allen Robinson roll his fucking neck during the SNF introduction? Or did I see that shit wrong?