‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler briefly detained and handcuffed Was Mistaken for a Bank Robber: Update Full Interview with Teller Erica Glass

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Personal banker all day in a private office. Discretion and privacy.

You should even call ahead and make an appointment if you are that concerned.

That's how you move in this situation.

You don't write notes in banks and pass them to tellers. You are just asking for trouble.

That note won't hold up in court as a defense for BoA . It's why BoA most likely and promptly settled. Shit was about to get UGLY, real fast. The note request was written on the back of a withdrawal slip of, get this, HIS ACTIVE ACCOUNT after presenting ID, active bank card and legit pin number.

Oh boy, that sure was suspicious.

FOH :lol:

Some of y'all desperately trying to take the INEPT AF Teller's side.

Did you even read the part where I said "another teller or security"? So how is it that teller's fault? Dude obvi

The hell you talking about... I didn't give no advice. I said I see how it could have happen.

Did you red the part about what actually happened? The Teller triggered an alert notification from Coogler’s bank account then informed her boss that she suspected it was a robbery attempt (to rob himself). They then called the cops. According to Coogler, they stalled him, for the cops to arrive instead of just making the damn withdrawal from his account and counting the money out of view as requested.

Again, the Teller thought he was trying to rob himself :hithead:

Last edited:

SmoothD

Smooth*****
BGOL Investor
If he knew he was going to make a large withdrawal, why not call your account manager in advance and inform them?
I would never make such a large withdrawal through the teller.
Passing a note saying "be discreet" was the wrong choice of words as well.

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
Handing a bank teller a handwritten note while masked, wearing sunglasses and a hat, asking for $12K and discretion sounds pretty stupid to me...:dunno:

Bruh… you just didn’t watch the video all the way. I work with a bunch of white folks and they were offended too. The teller is an idiot who didn’t read the note correctly. Back manager is also an idiot because he overreacted and called the Police. Cops are fucked up becasue their SOP is always messed up when it comes to black people.

I just took 10k out the bank a few weeks ago to pay off my contractor and all the teller asked me to do was lower my mask so they could verify it with my ID. This was a bank I never been to and I was on the white side of town.

Took me less than 10 minutes.

First off, I think it was a publicity stunt, thru brother should have call the bank manager and ahead of time to set it up so they will be no misunderstanding or attention drawn to him

Dude WTF?!

This is NOT a guy that looks for the spotlight. Not Coogler nor Marvel nor Disney nor MGM has absolutely no need for publicity.

oNE

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What disappointments me every time is the cops trying to justify their actions. All they had to say was

“Hey man sorry about this, if I were you I would take this up with BOA. We only did what we did because they said someone was robbing a bank”

Saying sorry seems to difficult for them

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why the hell the screen say high risk transaction?

She couldn't just go to manager?

And I ain't saying he Lebron but even my baby knows Ryan Coogler.

That woman ain't know the director of black panther?

In ATLANTA?!?

She tried to halfway cover her ass in saying "the screen says high risk transaction" after she flagged it as such

:roflmao::lol:

And then went to her boss after she already triggered the alert to his bank account.

Yet some are trying to defend the fuckery :lol:

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Handing a bank teller a handwritten note while masked, wearing sunglasses and a hat, asking for $12K and discretion sounds pretty stupid to me...:dunno:
He put in his Debit card and pin which should have told the teller who he was. I am sure the balance was extra crispy

furlough

I want my daddy's records!
Platinum Member
so…wealthy kats still stand in lines & bank with common-folk?
cool

37-Ski-Mask-Way.gif

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Personal banker all day in a private office. Discretion and privacy.

You should even call ahead and make an appointment if you are that concerned.

That's how you move in this situation.

You don't write notes in banks and pass them to tellers. You are just asking for trouble.
Writing a note has nothing to do with robbing a bank.

BrownTurd

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man please
He gave her his ID and BANK CARD
as a functioning adult and you as an intelligent person who is not a bank teller
If someone gives you their ID and a BANK CARD
are they planning on robbing the bank?

Now they gave you the bank card id and a note asking for money from their account and want you to be discreet because it's wolves out here
is that asking for trouble?

Just being a normal person who isn't prejudice
A person with common sense holding the note in 1 hand and the persons ID and BANK CARD in the other?
Yeah writing a note is not robbing a bank.

T_Holmes

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If he knew he was going to make a large withdrawal, why not call your account manager in advance and inform them?
I would never make such a large withdrawal through the teller.
Passing a note saying "be discreet" was the wrong choice of words as well.
My history of dealing with ignorant people is that trying to make things simpler for them normally doesn't help.

They thought that note was suspicious coming from a person with proper credentials. Given that response, if he had called ahead, they probably would have had the cops waiting for him when he got there.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered

In ATLANTA?!?

Im not gonna defend the teller, I hope she gets fired and I hope Coogler sues her broke ass into oblivion.

But to answer your specific question, the amount of the withdrawal makes it a high risk transaction. The guidelines may vary from bank to bank and state to state, but there guidelines to follow when withdrawing that much cash. You have triple check id, you have to check who the person is travelling with, ask how the person will be carrying that amount out with them...

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: I’ve been telling people how this shit goes for a while now. He won’t be the first or last.

FACTS didnt they arrest a pale man from trying to withdraw his OWN money....

Banks been dead and the only reason they exist is because the masses have

been sooo dumbed down to think, leaving your money in an institution that works night and day

to figure out ways to suck your account dry, like a meth whore blow job queen..

dude was JUST telling me the other day how he was talking to a bank manager, explaining

why he needed to send money to a crypto exchange.... the bank manager looked at him,

and without cracking a smile said..

Oh you one of THOSE guys....... ol hatin banker ass :lol:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yes that is true. He also stutters. Listen to him clearly. He is a stutterer. He also pauses before he speaks to avoid stuttering.
He speaks very well, it's just that he doesn't do that 'code switching,' his language is AAEV all day everyday and it doesn't change.

black again

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:smh:

Damn, that teller fucked up...

If black people...who provide all proper documentation scare you so much, you prolly shouldn't be doing that job.

But in her mind, she was being one of the good negroes and protecting massa's money.:angry:

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
She tried to halfway cover her ass in saying "the screen says high risk transaction" after she flagged it as such

:roflmao::lol:

And then went to her boss after she already triggered the alert to his bank account.

Yet some are trying to defend the fuckery :lol:

Ok so I'm confused

The TELLER flagged it as high risk

Or the banking system automatically flagged it by itself?

Both things should have managerial oversight

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
And the whole

I got an uneasy feeling in my stomach thing....

Girl WTF YOU PREGNANT!

It could have just been gas!

You baby moving while your at work does not give you license to get an innocent black man and his associates killed for asking to make a withdrawal!

With a withdrawal slip, bank card and muthafuka ID!!!!!!???????

He put in his pin number!!!!

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Another thing that's odd?

During pandemic time?

When I would go to the bank masked?

I was politely asked to lower my hood and or my hat.

And they KNEW ME.

Security is also seriously at fault here.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Ok so I'm confused

The TELLER flagged it as high risk

Or the banking system automatically flagged it by itself?

Both things should have managerial oversight

Yes, the Teller issued an alert to his account after she felt something in her stomach. An insult to pregnant women who do their jobs proficiently.

It's always FEELINGS with women, fam :lol:

And a female employee can be heard commending the officers after they slapped the cuffs on Coogler

Again, FEEEEEEEELINGS...fuck verification and simple protocol

Last edited:

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
I'm mixed on this one. He wrote his request on a piece of paper, while masked up? I get we're in a pandemic ( I mask too) but I'd want them to protect my shit the same way....

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Yes, the Teller issued an alert to his account after she felt something in her stomach

It's always FEELINGS with women, fam :lol:

Bro my cousins heard this story and were ready to go full dora milaje

So I ain't gonna put this on woman as a whole

I have not a black women yet co signing this fuckery.

Stupid is as stupid does

Remember the manager co signed this bullsh*t too

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I'm mixed on this one. He wrote his request on a piece of paper, while masked up? I get we're in a pandemic ( I mask too) but I'd want them to protect my shit the same way....

He wrote his request on the back of a withdrawal slip with the his account info on the front side while wearing a mask to protect himself from covid.

All the Teller had to do was ask him to lower his mask slightly to confirm identification with the ID card he handed her.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

The only thing I can see here is this...

I don't handle large sums of cash every day as apparently every bgol member does.

But when I have?

I went to the desk area not the teller

But with covid I'm not sure they would have been available the entire business day.

But Coogler did nothing wrong here.

He didn't make a scene he wasn't loud aggressive belligerent

He didn't have a weapon

He didn't refuse ANY requests that was made or required.

The teller really has absolutely no excuse for her actions and behavior and using her baby and pregnancy as an excuse is pretty offensive to the thousands of working pregnant women doing their jobs competently and under much more strenuous and physically challenging conditions.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bro my cousins heard this story and were ready to go full dora milaje

So I ain't gonna put this on woman as a whole

I have not a black women yet co signing this fuckery.

Stupid is as stupid does

Remember the manager co signed this bullsh*t too

You're right, fam

Love the Dora Milaje reference

The teller allowed her fears to trump verification protocol

IF other customers come out with similar stories from that BoA location, some of the staff will be seen as liabilities by the branch.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
You're right, fam

Love the Dora Milaje reference

The teller allowed her fears to trump verification protocol

And her manager should be getting more blame too

His job is to MANAGE

He had the responsibility power and authority to handle this properly

He was the one who couldn't control her feelings his feelings and the entire situation.

He allowed and chose for this to escalate.

He was just as scared if not more so.

She needs training and probably early maternity leave

He needs to be fired

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
The only thing I can see here is this...

I don't handle large sums of cash every day as apparently every bgol member does.

I have business accounts. And I've had crazy amounts stolen from "check washers" back in the day. Thousands stolen out at various times. We have better security now but years ago these banks was slipping.

Drayonis

Thedogyears.com
BGOL Investor
He wrote his request on the back of a withdrawal slip with the his account info on the front side while wearing a mask to protect himself from covid.

All the Teller had to do was ask him to lower his mask slightly to confirm identification with the ID card he handed her.

Yeah, but a note and a large amount is suspicious. It just is.

ghoststrike

Rising Star
Platinum Member
And her manager should be getting more blame too

His job is to MANAGE

He had the responsibility power and authority to handle this properly

He was the one who couldn't control her feelings his feelings and the entire situation.

He allowed and chose for this to escalate.

He was just as scared if not more so.

She needs training and probably early maternity leave

He needs to be fired

IF this situation went to litigation, BoA would see them both as liabilities and prob terminate them before it goes to court as part of their defense. Depending on what their corporate policy is.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I have business accounts. And I've had crazy amounts stolen from "check washers" back in the day. Thousands stolen out at various times. We have better security now but years ago these banks was slipping?

All facts

Ok now you talking stuff I understand

And these banks STILL slipping

Cause an incident like this?

Regular folk may actually twist this as some type of positive or a result of the bank staff being TOO CAUTIOUS caring TOO MUCH etc

Nope wrong

This is actually a sign of poor management and more proof of probably a long line of incompetence and lack of common sense.

Because so if her belly didn't WARN her

She would have just given a guy with the note the 12K and said sh*t?

This whole thing don't make sense

And it's obvious that bank literally backed up the truck to Ryan's house

Camille

Kitchen Wench #TeamQuaid
Staff member

In ATLANTA?!?

Anything over 10K is treated to extra scrutiny. Sometimes over 3K.