‘Black Panther’ Director Ryan Coogler briefly detained and handcuffed Was Mistaken for a Bank Robber: Update Full Interview with Teller Erica Glass

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was my first thought when I saw that note. All the BS in ATL. He didn't want mofos popping they head up when they hear that counting machine. Didn't want to get got.
Yeah, bro, maybe he should talk to his rich Black entertainer friends for tips: how to do your day-to-day activities being rich, Black, and famous without getting robbed?

cold-n-cocky

BGOL vet down since the “56k stay out!” days
BGOL Gold Member
You mean to tell me the bank has never had a deaf customer (which Coogler was, a customer) write out, on a deposit slip, what denominations they’d like their cash in? A customer whose name, address, phone number, SSN and a bunch of other personably identifiable information they have right there on the screen, along with their bank balance? Whole fuckin branch needs to be shutdown.

Last edited:

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It's not odd at all when exercising discretion in lieu of flashy foolishness. He was unfortunately dealt a slow AF Teller and Manager.
Personal banker all day in a private office. Discretion and privacy.

You should even call ahead and make an appointment if you are that concerned.

That's how you move in this situation.

You don't write notes in banks and pass them to tellers. You are just asking for trouble.

Last edited:

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

You don't write notes in banks and pass them to tellers. You are just asking for trouble.

Man please
He gave her his ID and BANK CARD
as a functioning adult and you as an intelligent person who is not a bank teller
If someone gives you their ID and a BANK CARD
are they planning on robbing the bank?

Now they gave you the bank card id and a note asking for money from their account and want you to be discreet because it's wolves out here
is that asking for trouble?

Just being a normal person who isn't prejudice
A person with common sense holding the note in 1 hand and the persons ID and BANK CARD in the other?

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Man please
He gave her his ID and BANK CARD
as a functioning adult and you as an intelligent person who is not a bank teller
If someone gives you their ID and a BANK CARD
are they planning on robbing the bank?

Now they gave you the bank card id and a note asking for money from their account and want you to be discreet because it's wolves out here
is that asking for trouble?

Just being a normal person who isn't prejudice
A person with common sense holding the note in 1 hand and the persons ID and BANK CARD in the other?
I still say you don't pass notes to tellers....PERIOD!

Not one of you that are saying you agree would want one of your kids doing that goofy shit.

That being said, this could've been handled in the bank. The cops didn't need to called.

Just a few simple questions could have cleared this up.

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend
I still say you don't pass notes to tellers....PERIOD!

Not one of you that are saying you agree would want one of your kids doing that goofy shit.

That being said, this could've been handled in the bank. The cops didn't need to called.

Just a few simple questions could have cleared this up.

The entire problem is the cops that's the entire issue.

You pass a note to the teller when you pass your slip lol!

ID card BANK CARD in hand

and then look at this

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
:lol: I’ve been telling people how this shit goes for a while now. He won’t be the first or last.

What the banks get away with is criminal. Like I tell brothas. If you want to see how bad it is, go to the bank and try to withdraw $10k and see how many problems you get. (Because you’ll be lucky if they have $10k liquid depending on the time and day of the week). Simple example, deposit $1 on Monday, banks keep $0.05 and loaned out $0.95 by end of the day. Banks in the same family loan to each other over night to make the other whole (minimum liquidity on hand) but that is only a minute percentage of what they report on the books. If there was a bank run and the people demanded their entire balance withdrawn same day, you’d see a SWAT team. People would be treated like criminals for trying to get THEIR OWN $

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
The entire problem is the cops that's the entire issue.

You pass a note to the teller when you pass your slip lol!

ID card BANK CARD in hand

and then look at this

Why the hell the screen say high risk transaction?

She couldn't just go to manager?

And I ain't saying he Lebron but even my baby knows Ryan Coogler.

That woman ain't know the director of black panther?

In ATLANTA?!?

largebillsonlyplease

Large
BGOL Legend

In ATLANTA?!?

Don't matter who he is
He gave id bank card and entered the pin
Who the fuck is she to determine whether it's a high risk transaction??

Is the money in the account?
Oh wait he's a millionaire
Maybe I should shut the fuck up and do what he says

Like you look at the note look at his account and say money's there cool

Instead she said it's high risk and he's weird

ViCiouS

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Don't matter who he is
He gave id bank card and entered the pin
Who the fuck is she to determine whether it's a high risk transaction??

Is the money in the account?
Oh wait he's a millionaire
Maybe I should shut the fuck up and do what he says

Like you look at the note look at his account and say money's there cool

Instead she said it's high risk and he's weird
she asking Ryan stuff he already wrote in note

"wtf is this nigga keep telling me to read a note?"

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

In ATLANTA?!?
She’s a female.. I don’t expect a lot of females to know about comic books and comic book movies.. just like I don’t expect most to know about sports, wwf, etc… if I asked you a bunch of female genre entertainment questions to dudes I don’t expect them to know about that

not excusing this whole thing but some things that are common knowledge to one group could be a completely unknown to another group.. just post the last 5 yrs of new rap acts to a bunch of 40 yr old men and we probably couldn’t name 90 percent of them people yet some 15-20 yr old kid could name every1 of them and think we are dumb for not being able to recognize them.. that’s just life

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
He said he was scared to tell the teller that high amount of cash withdrawal out loud. So....he wrote it on a piece of paper. Not for nothing, but the piece of paper is a bank robber "thing". C'mon son!
clearly, you never had large amounts of money in the bank and/or withdrawn large amounts. Clearly you didn' watch the video or hear him explain his actions. Now for the bonus question: what bank robber is going to stand around AFTER presenting ID and wait for the money to be given to them? I'll wait.

BigDaddyBuk

still not dizzy.
Platinum Member

I have a personal banker.

She cannot be everywhere i am nor can she be available all times.

Im sure BOA aint his only bank. Its national, so he has access to cash whenever he needs it.

They fucked WAY up.

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
NOPE. NO EXCUSE. NONE. PERIOD.

Coogler presented written instructions that said WITHDRAW 12K FOM MY ACCOUNT, along with ID and active bank card and pin number. The Teller and her Boss fucked up royally by not following simple protocol and let their imaginations run WILD AF. It's why BoA most likely paid a settlement.
Did you even read the part where I said "another teller or security"? So how is it that teller's fault? Dude obvi
Everyone has advice for the ni99a on Banking while black.

‘Would you consider wearing a tuxedo next time…”

“Do you have any white friends that could tag along next time…”

“Why didnt you just announce that you directed the Black Panther movie…”

The cop giving advice after cuffing a completely innocent and successful person takes the cake. ‘You….STFU!!!

Negro-Motorist-Green-Book1940.jpg

A satirical banking while black equivalent in pdf will be a great project.

Carry on…..
The hell you talking about... I didn't give no advice. I said I see how it could have happen.