Kobe named NBA 'Player of the Decade'

Blunt

Rising Star
Registered
I truly believe that white sports writers with a desire to root for a perceived underdog played a huge part in this guy winning back to back MVP titles. All those guys responsible for giving him those awards should lose their vote. Especially in year one when Shaq was flat out robbed.

Right, ignore the guy who plays the game (and his position) at the HIGHEST LEVEL in multiple aspects (and helped his team to a 30-game turn-around in one season) for a one-dimensional giant who has no outside shot and shoots free throws worse than a grade school girl. All the HYPE is for Shaq. He's a total creation of the media (and he isn't even charismatic, without a script).

Nash deserved 3 MVPs in a room. He was robbed in the third year, which was the best of the 3. He finished 2nd.

Last edited:

Nobody

Rising Star
Registered
Right, ignore the guy who plays the game (and his position) at the HIGHEST LEVEL in multiple aspects (and helped his team to a 30-game turn-around in one season) for a one-dimensional giant who has no outside shot and shoots free throws worse than a grade school girl. All the HYPE is for Shaq. He's a total creation of the media (and he isn't even charismatic, without a script).

Ok. I haven't responded to you in a while, but you show your complete idiocy with this one comment.

Shaq didn't play the game at the highest level? Go look at his scoring and rebounding stats IN THE PLAYOFFS - in the FINALS. He doesn't have to have an outside shot as a center - that's like dissing Nash for not having a solid post game. Also, while he wasn't the greatest his defensive presence is much higher than Nash's - who's defense is NON EXISTENT.

NASH is the media creation. They kept changing the goal posts for requirements of winning an MVP for him. They had him poised for a third but Kobe surged ahead along with CP

Upgrade Dave

Rising Star
Registered

Nash deserved 3 MVPs in a room. He was robbed in the third year, which was the best of the 3. He finished 2nd.

I'm no Shaq fan, so I see where you're coming from in his being a media creation. He's gotten a real soft ride from the sports sycophants disguised as reporters. But you're off the mark a great deal with this particular criticism of him especially in comparison to Nash, who has one too many MVPs.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member

I usually ignore you and accept you for the annoying attention starved troll that you are; However, i wanna take this opportunity to quote you just to further display how big of a clueless retard you are. You probably have no fucking idea how completely idiotic you sound. Stick to googling whore. Go bake a cake or something bitch, men are talking.
:lol:

Last edited:

glueguy

Support BGOL
Registered
kobe deserves it. but i would not be mad if duncan got it.

lebron has not been in the league for a decade so its illogical for him to be on the all decade team

nash should not have 2 mvps. but i am okay with him being pg selection on decade team

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Please stop quoting Cunt, I'd hate to have to put y'all on ignore too. :smh::smh:
My apologies but she just never fails to make a complete ass of herself whenever she steps out of her box and attempts to do anything more than a google search. Couldnt resist a quote and laugh at that character.

OK guys, laugh breaks over. Back to pretending it doesnt exist.:yes:

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
kobe deserves it. but i would not be mad if duncan got it.

lebron has not been in the league for a decade so its illogical for him to be on the all decade team

nash should not have 2 mvps. but i am okay with him being pg selection on decade team
Over JKidd?

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

:dunno: Sounds about right!

Funny thing is for the decade, there are 3 players that were named Sporting News Player of the year more than once. Guess which one of those players won Player of the Decade?

If you said, none, then you'd be correct.

More "faux" sports propaganda.

Anyone other than O'Neal (who could win title #5) or Duncan is inaccurate.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Funny thing is for the decade, there are 3 players that were named Sporting News Player of the year more than once. Guess which one of those players won Player of the Decade?
If you said, none, then you'd be correct.

More "faux" sports propaganda.

:smh:

massdagod

Rising Star
OG Investor
ummmm duncan had david robinson for his 1st title, and always had a squad. if you argument is true then who was being triple teamed this year for kobe to shine? :rolleyes: i guess we will just disagree on this topic. :cool:
he had D Rob his 1st AND 2nd. and Ginobli and Parker for 3 more

massdagod

Rising Star
OG Investor
This Decade

Championships:
Lakers 4 Spurs 3

Finals appearances:
Lakers 6
Spurs 3

Head to Head in the playoffs:
Lakers 4
Spurs 1

Back to back:
Lakers 2
Spurs 0

Three-peat:
Lakers 1
Spurs 0

A to Dah K

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
nash cant even get out the fucking first round
billups been to the ECF what 6 times straight
1 ring 1 finals mvp
fuck an overrated white

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
he had D Rob his 1st AND 2nd. and Ginobli and Parker for 3 more
DRob was on his last leg during the first title and was running off fumes on the second one. Parker/Gino were raw unproven rook or 2nd year players with limited contribution on the 3rd and neither were anywhere near all-star players at that point.

btw- You said 2 and 3. Duncan has 5titles?
This Decade

Championships:
Lakers 4 Spurs 3

Finals appearances:
Lakers 6
Spurs 3

Head to Head in the playoffs:
Lakers 4
Spurs 1

Back to back:
Lakers 2
Spurs 0

Three-peat:
Lakers 1
Spurs 0
So are we talking teams or players? You do know Shaq in his prime was on most of those teams right? Notice the three year dark ages when Shaq left and Kobe waded in mediocrity???

kdogg3270

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
ummmm duncan had david robinson for his 1st title, and always had a squad. if you argument is true then who was being triple teamed this year for kobe to shine? :rolleyes: i guess we will just disagree on this topic. :cool:

Actually Robinson was there for the first 2.

Duffle_Bag

Star
Registered
I'm surprised no one questioned why Lebron is on the first team. He's only been a dominant player for 3 or 4 seasons, so why is he on an all decade team.

xfactor

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm surprised no one questioned why Lebron is on the first team. He's only been a dominant player for 3 or 4 seasons, so why is he on an all decade team.

:lol: Because LeBron being on the first team is a minor mistake compared to the the player of the decade.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Dam I didnt get past player of decade and the Steve Nash issue yet.

This list is a joke.

malaki

Star
Registered

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

the funny shit was the only year Nash deserved to win was the third year. They were about to give it to him too until people started questioning about how he could win 3 in a row without dominating the league to the point where he got the finals etc. Basically even though he DID deserve it in year 3 they gave it to Dirk to divert attention from their affirmative action vote the two previous years.

Nash is not a hall of famer. He's very solid but if you look it up he doesn't qualify stats or accomplishment wise. The only thing backers can say for him is he won 2 MVPs.

Stockton was the real deal white point guard that I've seen. Nash definitely has done some things but he doesn't quite deserve the accolades he's gotten. Anyway the NBA has to do something to attract older white fans, its understandable.

I personally think J Kidd should at least be in the conversation for #1 point guard of the decade given that he took his team to two finals etc. And Nash over Iverson is very very questionable as well. Whatever else you want to say Iverson did bring a team to the finals.

LeBron over KG is dumb too.

Kobe - Duncan is a tossup.

Amajorfucup

Rising Star
Platinum Member
So what's your list? First and Second Team.

FIRST
G Jason Kidd
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tim Duncan
F C Shaquille O'Neal

SECOND
G Allen Iverson
G Ray Allen
F Dirk Nowitzki
F Paul Pierce*
C Yao Ming

*Sleeper-Vince Carter (he gets criticized alot but bis numbers for the last decade ar epretty fucking impressive.
EDIT**
*Sleeper 2-TMac (he was healthy and performed at a high level most of the decade. You happy shaddy46?)

Last edited:

shaddy46

Potential Star
Registered
tracy-mcgrady.p1.jpg

when 100% >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

shaddy46

Potential Star
Registered
FIRST
G Jason Kidd
G Kobe Bryant
F Kevin Garnett
F Tim Duncan
F C Shaquille O'Neal

SECOND
G Allen Iverson
G Ray Allen
F Dirk Nowitzki
F Paul Pierce
C Yao Ming

*Sleeper-Vince Carter (he gets criticized alot but bis numbers for the last decade ar epretty fucking impressive.

take out allen for Wade or Lebron.