Caitlin Clark Is The Truth

secondly, if no one were allowed to criticize athletes unless they were one, most sports would be boring, espn would be out of business and this thread would be short as fukk

Touché.

If the "best" players in the world can't make lay ups with both hands we have a have a problem
Are you responding to the part of his post where he said they need to do lay up drills, or the part where he said they miss far too many off- hand shots?
I think it's a fair criticism (and I don't think one needs to be a professional athlete to make it) that there are an awful lot of missed layups on that side of the rim. I'm not suggesting what should be done to fix that, but I'm sure most fans would rather see the majority of those shots fall.

We're watching what could be the end of the plumber's era. I think women's basketball obviously is not as evolved as men's and it seems suspect to just start watching the game as it explodes in popularity and roll up like "these bitches suck."

It may be a truthful observation but I'm not sure it is a fair criticism because it's like showing up to a high school play and "criticizing" it like it is The Wire. It is what it is as far as the talent.
 
Touché.




We're watching what could be the end of the plumber's era. I think women's basketball obviously is not as evolved as men's and it seems suspect to just start watching the game as it explodes in popularity and roll up like "these bitches suck."

It may be a truthful observation but I'm not sure it is a fair criticism because it's like showing up to a high school play and "criticizing" it like it is The Wire. It is what it is as far as the talent.
I'm not sure I agree. Many of these professional players have been involved with basketball since they were 10 or 11 years old, playing through AAU type leagues, Middle and High School teams, then College before turning pro. Though many women athletes have historically been paid like plumbers (or less), I think it's fair or reasonable to expect a professional level of competency from a professional athlete- or are you saying we should expect a certain level of incompetency because they have not been a mega- popular league until now? I think that's a disservice to the hard work they put in on a daily basis- and to many of the all-out ballers of the past-

I think new eyes on the game is good- it drives up revenue, which drives up salaries- but i don't think that many of the people new to the women's game care much about anything beyond a player here or there, a team here or there, logo 3s, records and wins. Not to defend dude that was 'mansplaining', but I would wager most people talking about layups (when they are criticizing the league in general and not a specific player) are more likely to be actual fans of the women's game and are actually watching and trying to enjoy them.

IMO, (not a professional athlete's, mind you) off-hand lay ups is one of those skills that can be improved through work. Some skills and talents seem god-given (praise Yahweh), but I don't think going to the off hand is one of them, and any player (male or female) can probably improve with practice. thoughts?
 
Last edited:
The unanimous MVP and the 2-time defending champions are playing and nobody posts because nobody cares.

Proof that you muthafuckas only care about Caitlin

78637a0a20523ebcbc6f3bea9f5d59eb.gif
 
For a Chick with "Model" Looks,
Skylar just don't give a SHIT, Man!
Sista is tough!
She must be going through something because she's been going through a bad hair day for a couple of weeks now :lol:

Or maybe she's just focused on basketball right now and that's the look that she's going for.
 
The unanimous MVP and the 2-time defending champions are playing and nobody posts because nobody cares.

Proof that you muthafuckas only care about Caitlin

78637a0a20523ebcbc6f3bea9f5d59eb.gif

Once Caitlin Clark is eliminated from the playoffs, this thread will fade away.

That’s the power of Caitlin :lol:
There's only like 3 people that comment during the games, the rest come in after for the back and forth talk. This thread will die because Jondoe won't be in here posting Caitlin Clark stuff anymore.. lol
 
There's only like 3 people that comment during the games, the rest come in after for the back and forth talk. This thread will die because Jondoe won't be in here posting Caitlin Clark stuff anymore.. lol
You're right :lol:

The good thing about women's basketball is that the deep in the tournament, for the NCAA and the playoffs for WNBA the better quality of basketball is played.

That's the way it should be but it becomes obvious and it's very competitive.

In past years I'd watch the regular season depending on the teams but I'd definitely tune in for the playoffs.
 
There's only like 3 people that comment during the games, the rest come in after for the back and forth talk. This thread will die because Jondoe won't be in here posting Caitlin Clark stuff anymore.. lol
I will be breaking down the fever season and free agent possibilities and recapping the baby goats historic rookie year. We'll also be analyzing wherever caitlin plays overseas in the W off-season, but we're winning the next 2 so we aren't going anywhere yet.
 
Back
Top