Patrick Beverley talks about “checking in” when you enter someone’s city

PsiBorg

We Think, so We'll Know
BGOL Investor
giphy.gif

0utsyder

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You would do shyt like this if you're about that life! High level mafia would do shyt like this just so that bosses in that city wouldn't think folks were coming in trying to start shyt. You'd give a tribute to a capo who was SUPPOSED to pass it up the chain of command, or if you were a Don you could give it yourself...these cats are not that!

dadamaja

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
im not checkin in with nobody but im not causing shit either, funny story i met this chic from indianapolis years back around when the saints beat indy in the sb, about a month after i went up to indy and we was in this sports bar spot in the city had all different types in there and we were talking about the game and she just busted out fuck the saints kind of loud cause she was tipsy and said that i was from neworleans inside my mind i was like here we go mutha fucks was like oh you from new orleans im like yeah but they were cool as fuck, when she came here and wanted to walk in the quarters i told her to stay close to me and dont look like a tourist cause she was gonna get her issue if she didnt, you just gotta know how to move

dasailr03

A Goddamn Sailor!
BGOL Investor
this is some real nigga shit. i mean we are victimizing each other. why does a person have to check in any place. Now imagine that same shit came out of a white person's mouth. mofo would be up and arms yet we have no issues victimizing each other. I swear, it's exhausting being a black man around other black men.

Gods_Debris

Rising Star
Registered
Exactly. This fool making it sound like there's a ghetto embassy you need to register with before you can be in a different city. Nigga please....
Depending on how you moving? Ab so fuckinglutely you do. Act like ya'll know somethin.

Last Dayz

Soul Thief
Certified Pussy Poster
If he means checking in as in touching bases with some people you are cool with to let them know you are in the city so they can put you up on game, then I get it.

If you are rich and highly recognizable, they can help you stay safe just by telling you where not to go. They can also plug you in to get your vices (weed, girls, cocaine, leen etc)

If PNB Rock had a homie he hit up in LA, I'm sure he would have told him not to go that Roscoes, especially with all that jewelry. That's the only kind of checking in I would do if I was famous.

This, and if any nigga that requires someone to check in on some tough guy, mob king pin shit is a str8 up bitch even more so than the mf that's checkin in.

yureeka9

Rising Star
Platinum Member
If you go to chicago…westside….wild 100’s. What color should you wear?
Uhhh the last time I was on the West side of Chicago I think I was wearing some jeans and a black sweatshirt. But then again, I'm 52 years old, 6'4" and I don't look like I have anything of value. So what would a gangbanger want with me?

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
He’s just trying to appeal to low life street trash. He’s a multi millionaire. He can roll around with a squad of hired armed security and not have to worry. Check in? Nigga please for what? If I got money I’m not going to those hood spots . Why? To look hard and street? FOH

I'd rather let my peepas who I am trying to see know I'm coming instead of paying and supplying room and board for a bunch of hired mofors.

ballscout1

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I agree with this. I guess when you hit middle age you become invisible. I travel a lot for work and the only place I feel nervous is backwater redneck enclaves with trump stickers everywhere. All other hoods and communities seem to be chill.

Facts........and when I am driving and have to pass through places like that I always make sure Roscoe is with me.....Be damned if I break down in an area like that nekkid

peterlongshort

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Uhhh the last time I was on the West side of Chicago I think I was wearing some jeans and a black sweatshirt. But then again, I'm 52 years old, 6'4" and I don't look like I have anything of value. So what would a gangbanger want with me?
Bruh they wildin. Went over there afte the Nats won the ‘ship. Blue cap and everything cause I was in Caulmet….told them to take me westside to see my people….it was a hard no.

Entrepronegro

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah a fat half breed suburban Canadian randomly hangs out in a Crip set housing project in Watts with “the homies” you type like a fucking wigged out fake thug Du rag wearing white boy from Newport Beach. Cornball ass faggot ass lying sucka
I know some crips from Watts and we hung out in Jordan Downs projects, We had a good ass time. You would be surprised at how many gang members I know. Not just in LA but in other places too.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
I'm from Toronto and have been all over the United States in all the major cities and never had to check in with no gotdamn body. I was in Watts in LA a few weeks ago kickin it with some homies in Jordan Downs projects and the dudes that didn't know me treated me like I was one of them we laughed, smoked, drank and had a good ass time.
Assault, robbery, or murder on a gay person is considered a hate crime, which will get you even more yrs… individuals know bothering you gonna give them longer sentences so they know not to fuck with you… your people got a lot of power in america and will protest and that rainbow flag will make sure the culprits will go down and do football numbers

bgbtylvr

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
If I were famous I simply wouldn’t go to those cities. If I’m selling out venues or arenas, fuck your city. Imagine if no famous person stepped foot in Texas. Y’all get no concerts, comedy, nothing. It’s that simple n

JustChillin

Electric Relaxation
BGOL Investor
Takeoff definitely checked in at Houston and it still went sideways.

If you’re a multi millionaire, move like one.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Yeah I guess Big, Nipsey and Pop Smoke aint check in?
Actually they did. Nipsey is out there and Pop and BIG checked in and shit still happened.
Checking in with one side aint gonna protect you from the other side.
If he means checking in as in touching bases with some people you are cool with to let them know you are in the city so they can put you up on game, then I get it.

If you are rich and highly recognizable, they can help you stay safe just by telling you where not to go. They can also plug you in to get your vices (weed, girls, cocaine, leen etc)

If PNB Rock had a homie he hit up in LA, I'm sure he would have told him not to go that Roscoes, especially with all that jewelry. That's the only kind of checking in I would do if I was famous.