Dominican woman goes in on the "One Drop Rule"

fwillia

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I hear what she’s saying, but there are a lot of Latinx people of African descent who identify as black, so clearly there’s no one prevailing school of thought here.

As for me, I’m totally ok with Black only being used by those of us who are direct descendants of the American freedmen, and everyone else identifying as their nationality.

rrebelrrabbi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Black Americans subscribe strictly to the One Drop Rule through conditioning.

Black Diaspora acknowledge every other part of your including nationalities and tribes which come before race many times.

That’s the disconnect. When those lines cross, this argument is what you’ll always get.
Nigga you sound like “one of them”. You can’t speak for all black Americans…… but yea it’s true, one drop of black yo ass black, you all that other shit too, but you are black, and in America, being black is what’s gonna always present itself to you through others. I personally acknowledge a persons whole being, but also know that the black in you gets your treated “special” in America, and not in a good or positive way, at all

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nigga you sound like “one of them”. You can’t speak for all black Americans…… but yea it’s true, one drop of black yo ass black, you all that other shit too, but you are black, and in America, being black is what’s gonna always present itself to you through others. I personally acknowledge a persons whole being, but also know that the black in you gets your treated “special” in America, and not in a good or positive way, at all
This what niggas don’t be understanding.

we the most hated and hunted.

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
You’re making my point.

It’s commendable that YOU acknowledge a persons whole being, but you’d be naive af to assume EVERYONE does this. Most Black Americans don’t give af about your nationality or tribe here. That goes contrary to the race plague indoctrination here and is never the first thing that comes up.

When addressing black foreigners it’s always, “Man, you black. That’s all I see.”

And that’s fair when you’re here, but you can’t expect the world to fully adopt this principle, especially outside the US. You can’t go 100% in one direction and think the diaspora won’t respond with how they see it.

This is what you get when you have a nation of immigrants.

mangobob79

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Tell that to @mangobob79

he will tell u different.
this topic requires knowledge , honesty & integrity for this discussion , its clear u r not equipped with these for that discussion to occur , so ive continually bowed out, go argue with people who believe ur opinions on this topic matters to them..

for the last time ive stating my stance , im BLACK , everyone of majority african descent is BLACk, (the realization comes either by teaching or life lessons ), theres nothing u or anyone can do about it but cry, u didnt invent the word or the term and it doesnt belong to anyone group of african descendant ppl as u somehow seem to think, the word has been in use before either of our 4x greatgrands in documented history.. u can do what u like with that info.. im done here ,

theres no argument ... ...
..........................................................at this point i'll only argue with ppls who have the power to affect change
bye-bitch-leave.gif

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
this topic requires knowledge , honesty & integrity for this discussion , its clear u r not equipped with these for that discussion to occur , so ive continually bowed out, go argue with people who believe ur opinions on this topic matters to them..

for the last time ive stating my stance , im BLACK , everyone of majority african descent is BLACk, (the realization comes either by teaching or life lessons ), theres nothing u or anyone can do about it but cry, u didnt invent the word or the term and it doesnt belong to anyone group of african descendant ppl as u somehow seem to think, the word has been in use before either of our 4x greatgrands in documented history.. u can do what u like with that info.. im done here ,

..........................................................at this point i'll only argue with ppls who have the power to affect change
bye-bitch-leave.gif
Is Fat JOE BLACK

Ima just use you as a guide to whoes BLACK and who’s not

Is the Artist Fat Joe black?

shaddyvillethug

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

bye-bitch-leave.gif
Are PR people from African Descent?

Yes or No

rrebelrrabbi

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
You’re making my point.

It’s commendable that YOU acknowledge a persons whole being, but you’d be naive af to assume EVERYONE does this. Most Black Americans don’t give af about your nationality or tribe here. That goes contrary to the race plague indoctrination here and is never the first thing that comes up.

When addressing black foreigners it’s always, “Man, you black. That’s all I see.”

And that’s fair when you’re here, but you can’t expect the world to fully adopt this principle, especially outside the US. You can’t go 100% in one direction and think the diaspora won’t respond with how they see it.

This is what you get when you have a nation of immigrants.
We don’t gaf about your “tribe” because a lot of times y’all use that man made up tribe bullshit white people invisible line bullshit to try to stunt on yo blackness and fellow black peoples. And u throwin that tribe that the white peoples gave y’all seems like y’all forgot or somehow tryna separate y’allselves from the bigger US by throwin that weak ass tribe shit out there. Foreal bro, I retract my previous statement and now say fuck you “tribe” them crackas gave y’all, nigga you black, self hating aside, but y’all mfers is jus like us, y’all jus got off the boat first. That don’t make y’all better or no more special. We all already special, and y’all focused on them European made up lines to see that shit. Y’all love this shit when it’s beneficial and wanna use all the cool points but the moment real shit presents its no no no, my tribe, my tribe. Fuck that shit foreal

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
It's always been this way. They're not even aware of why they think the way they do but whatever.

The part that pisses me off is the ones that are Afrikan by convenience like that la negra chick. They talk all kinds of shit but when the shit hits the fan suddenly they don't speak english. foh

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
We don’t gaf about your “tribe” because a lot of times y’all use that man made up tribe bullshit white people invisible line bullshit to try to stunt on yo blackness and fellow black peoples. And u throwin that tribe that the white peoples gave y’all seems like y’all forgot or somehow tryna separate y’allselves from the bigger US by throwin that weak ass tribe shit out there. Foreal bro, I retract my previous statement and now say fuck you “tribe” them crackas gave y’all, nigga you black, self hating aside, but y’all mfers is jus like us, y’all jus got off the boat first. That don’t make y’all better or no more special. We all already special, and y’all focused on them European made up lines to see that shit. Y’all love this shit when it’s beneficial and wanna use all the cool points but the moment real shit presents its no no no, my tribe, my tribe. Fuck that shit foreal
The black man in Alkebulan aka “Africa” arrived first on this planet and never came off a boat, so I don’t really know how a white man gave folks tribes but cool. I’m all ears on that one.

And it don’t make anyone special by any means, but it does mean the way the world views “black” is entirely different and new from the American lens of seeing things. Speaking from perspective, America’s history is only 400 years old, while the worlds is more than some 6,000 years old. Not that it means much but you can’t expect people to erase that history because the new kid on the block (America) says so.

People in the world will always acknowledge the other parts of them as well, before strictly submitting to the one drop rule, no matter what this country says.

And who wouldn’t use any convenience if they had it and could gain from it?

You’d be a fool not to.

dik cashmere

Freaky Tah gettin high that's my brother
BGOL Investor
Lol I’m not mad but I know all the frugal old school customers gonna be mad at the invasion of younger spend friendly customers..he gonna get that American tourist money lol
Word, he really built a full resort. He not lying someone gonna end up with Dominican kids

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Facts, This new K.O.D. is just leading to the further Americanization of D.R.

It used to be cats would go to D.R. to get away from the matrix,.....but now it is becoming the place they wanted to escape :smh:

That’s what I been hearing for the past several yrs.. dudes been overspending which made them females up their prices, etc.. the honeymoon has ended.. pretty much what fuck up the stripclub game in nyc is what happened to dr.. lot of knuckleheads invaded the game and now the smooth format has been ruined.. looks like another country has to be the new destination for the individuals that like to go to overseas sexcapades

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Folks still going out to DR to monger? I thought @slam put an end to all that back in 05 or something lol

This gotta be the-new young bucks that don’t know no better

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Folks still going out to DR to monger? I thought @slam put an end to all that back in 05 or something lol

This gotta be the-new young bucks that don’t know no better
Of course they do.. superbowl and Memorial Day weekend forget about how many dudes fly in during those times.. they will always have the European customer base.. than you have the new younger generation that want to experience the dr stories… backpage and other outlets were cut off from a certain demographic so they need a location to get their rocks off and dr is being sold as that destination..than you have them cold weather months where dudes want the sun and beach well there goes that dr destination again

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Of course they do.. superbowl and Memorial Day weekend forget about how many dudes fly in during those times.. they will always have the European customer base.. than you have the new younger generation that want to experience the dr stories… backpage and other outlets were cut off from a certain demographic so they need a location to get their rocks off and dr is being sold as that destination..than you have them cold weather months where dudes want the sun and beach well there goes that dr destination again
Yea you right. Hadn’t thought of that. There’s just so many better options than DR for that, starting with Colombia. The shit is a night and day comparison.

But yea I get it.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That’s what I been hearing for the past several yrs.. dudes been overspending which made them females up their prices, etc.. the honeymoon has ended.. pretty much what fuck up the stripclub game in nyc is what happened to dr.. lot of knuckleheads invaded the game and now the smooth format has been ruined.. looks like another country has to be the new destination for the individuals that like to go to overseas sexcapades

those are beta males trying to stand out, because they have either zero social skills, or just the type

chicks dont notice....

if them chicas find you interesting... you dont have to worry about being overcharged at all...

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member

Oh shit

Seems dope as fuck but imma be honest i don't wanna be around the crowds that Miami attract that's why when I'm in FL i vacay in Orlando, Kissimmee, n Tampa

I hate Atl n Mia partygoers they fuck up my vibe with all that fake Hollywood shit that's why i hate Cali

Crazy thing was gonna be down there for Memorial Day but ended up choosing Cancun instead

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
Just seeing this lol.. his family/friends be active in the strip game for decades.. nyc to out of state to out the country.. taking advantage of that American tourist money I see.. they Americanizing that country to much lol

Bruh, I simultaneously like and hate this idea.

Reasons:
1. Like you said he's americanizing it TOO much
2. The ladies will raise their prices to accommodate the new demand
3. More public scrutiny from media
4. Making themselves a target to be hit up by local gangstas

He and his inner circle of partners (and hos :yes:) will profit massively while the rest
of pussy travelers take a major hit in the long run.

PDQ21

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Bruh, I simultaneously like and hate this idea.

Reasons:
1. Like you said he's americanizing it TOO much
2. The ladies will raise their prices to accommodate the new demand
3. More public scrutiny from media
4. Making themselves a target to be hit up by local gangstas

He and his inner circle of partners (and hos :yes:) will profit massively while the rest
of pussy travelers take a major hit in the long run.
Agree with all this but Ak not stupid he gonna have gangstas with him Trust & believe

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Thoughts?

She is 100% correct. The one drop rule is meant to make "black" some kind of mongrel catch-all race while maintaining other races pure. Black people in the U.S buy into the one drop rule without even realizing it's an insult to the black race. If "black" people had any real pride, then people of obvious mixed heritage would not be allowed to be called black. People like Keith Thurman and Kamala Harris would not be "black" if there was any respect for the so called black race. You don't see any other race being disrespected like this. And it's so ingrained that black Americans will criticize mixed race people for not claiming black when actually they are showing more respect for the race than the critics.

Zeferino

Rising Star
Platinum Member
I 1,000% agree with her.
I’m more upset with Black people trying to label everyone as Black. It’s a fucking PRIVILEGE to be Black, and you coons just give the title away to any ‘ol faggot with an off-white complexion.​

Exactly. Black people, black Americans in particular, don't realize they are actually participating in white supremacy and cheapening the black race. You don't see Chinese people claiming people with one drop of Chinese. You're either full Chinese or you are not really Chinese. Same with whites, Indians and any other race you can imagine except black. Black Americans have basically accepted that if you are, for example, 90% white and 10% black, you have to say you are black as if that 10% were some type of contaminant. Instead of uplifting blackness, it's actually being cheapened by it's own people.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I 1,000% agree with her.
I’m more upset with Black people trying to label everyone as Black. It’s a fucking PRIVILEGE to be Black, and you coons just give the title away to any ‘ol faggot with an off-white complexion.​

I have to agree with you on this one. I too used to think Dominicanos were black. They are not.

After living with Dominicans for 3 yrs in their country, I can attest they are not what what Black Americans consider black. Are there similarities? Yes, but as a ppl they are total different from Black Americans. That Taino heritage is still deep in those ppl. But they do acknowledge their African heritage.

PS them jokers don't know who Earth, Wind, and Fire, the Isley Brothers, Heatwave, The Blackbyrds, or even who the Four Tops are.- that alone lets you know. Marisol grew up learning Bachata y Merengue not the Electric Slide and Soul Train dances.

Last edited:

VAiz4hustlaz

Proud ADOS and not afraid to step to da mic!
BGOL Investor
I have to agree with you on this one. I too used to think Dominicanos were black. They are not.

After living with Dominicans for 3 yrs in their country, I can attest they are not what what Black Americans consider black. Are there similarities? Yes, but as a ppl they are total different from Black Americans. That Taino heritage is still deep in those ppl. But they do acknowledge their African heritage.

PS them jokers don't know who Earth, Wind, and Fire, the Isley Brothers, Heatwave, The Blackbyrds, or even who the Four Tops are.- that alone lets you know. Marisol grew up learning Bachata y Merengue not the Electric Slide and Soul Train dances.

Different culture. Plenty of Africans and West Indians won't recognize those Black American artists either.

gw1933

Rising Star
Registered

I agree, most Dominicans see themselves as a tri-racial community, not predominantly Black, like Black Americans.

Even with the inclusion of Afro-Dominicans, the majority of the population still has a mixed race standpoint.

Every country in the world has multiple ethnic groups in it, as a result you have Afro-Dominicans, White-Dominicans, Chinese-Dominicans, Semana Americans (ADOS lineage) and mixed Dominicans (the majority of the population).

Marisol dont know who Frankie Beverly and Maze is, but if you throw on some Johnny Ventura she'll bust out with the Merengue :lol:

Different culture. Plenty of Africans and West Indians won't recognize those Black American artists either.

Big Facts

Last edited:

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
They putting "salt in the game". Spending money on these chicks with bad teeth.
I remember in high school when Ron bought Candice a diamond tennis bracelet from Macys.
We wanted to kill him cause Candice wasn't worth it and now all the other chicks wanted diamond tennis bracelets.

Lol I’m not mad but I know all the frugal old school customers gonna be mad at the invasion of younger spend friendly customers..he gonna get that American tourist money lol

DJCandle

BGOL Investor

:yes:

Been tryna tell folks for years that black skin don’t equate to Black American culture. This is why Dominicans say, “I no black.” They’re referring to culture more times than not.

Culture will ALWAYS come before race. Every single time.

This is the lesson Black Americans need to wake up to and quickly.