Verzuz | Bone Thugs vz Three 6 Mafia | Decembsr 2, 2021

older version

A version older
Registered
No song in hip hop has the impact this song has, number-one it's so timeless and it still brings out feelings that hit the soul even to this day. Not a song you bump every day, but if you play it at the right moment, like at the end of the verses, man it can be magical. It will always be Hip Hop's Purple Rain.

Layzie Bone was familiar with his rivals

These types of songs have happened before

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Layzie Bone was familiar with his rivals

These types of songs have happened before

I look and listen to how songs are structured and arranged, mother fucking bone has two-part harmony to their shit that's on par with most singing groups, plus their flow or cadence is off the meter with that one.
Now if you don't know what any of this means, try this, give a typical rapper a few days to memorize those Mafia songs and I bet he'd be able to nail it, then give him a month to get crossroads down, and there is no way they can do it better than Bone. Basically, Mafia has average rap surrounded by a hook, Bone shit is on another level, maybe you should try spitting Crossroads yourself just to see how difficult and tight it is.

older version

A version older
Registered
I look and listen to how songs are structured and arranged, mother fucking bone has two-part harmony to their shit that's on par with most singing groups, plus their flow or cadence is off the meter with that one.
Now if you don't know what any of this means, try this, give a typical rapper a few days to memorize those Mafia songs and I bet he'd be able to nail it, then give him a month to get crossroads down, and there is no way they can do it better than Bone. Basically, Mafia has average rap surrounded by a hook, Bone shit is on another level, maybe you should try spitting Crossroads yourself just to see how difficult and tight it is.

Buddy boy earlier in this thread in defense of Bizzy wanting to fight said that Bone was disrespected to be called
singers or that Juicy and Boo dancing to their songs was disrespectful and worthy of a fight.

What you are describing is related to singing.

Bone fans want it both ways? They are not singing, but they are?

I never said it wasn't nice, and many of us spit Crossroads when it came out as well as tracks with Nate Dogg.
Being a harmonizer was not disrespect, it's a different type of thing. But the songs I posted, relating to the post
about emotions they might bring is that those type of songs existed from many groups. And more than just
arrangement, but what is being said in context and how it hits someone is subjective.

RoadRage

the voice of reason
BGOL Investor
Buddy boy earlier in this thread in defense of Bizzy wanting to fight said that Bone was disrespected to be called
singers or that Juicy and Boo dancing to their songs was disrespectful and worthy of a fight.

What you are describing is related to singing.

Bone fans want it both ways? They are not singing, but they are?

I never said it wasn't nice, and many of us spit Crossroads when it came out as well as tracks with Nate Dogg.
Being a harmonizer was not disrespect, it's a different type of thing. But the songs I posted, relating to the post
about emotions they might bring is that those type of songs existed from many groups. And more than just
arrangement, but what is being said in context and how it hits someone is subjective.
Harmonizing has always been a part of HIP HOP from the Cold Crush, to the Force MD's to even the Furious Five, try calling them RnB niggaz in their primes, and they would have reacted the same way. Put it this way, it would have been the same if Bone were to call them Bamma ass niggaz.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
My original point was about relevancy and longevity vs being “Internationaly known”. 3-6 sound has outlasted all of their peers for the past two decades. 3-6 got Drake and Cardi B sampling them and borrowing from shit they did 25 years ago.

In 2022, I would put that over some random foreigners knowing who I am that ain’t even buying my records no more.

3 6 Mafia is the Metallica of Hip-Hop.

And Juicy J is the longest running rapper in the game, other than Snoop, that is still making music that actually sells and gets played

Practically ever major hip hop producer in the last decade has been sampling 3 6 Mafia from Sonny Digital, Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, 808 Mafia, MikeWill etc.

And as much as I like “Crossroads or First of The Month “it HAS NOT NOR WILL EITHER Surpass “Slob On My Knob”. Till this day you have teenage white girls quoting that song like the Pledge of Allegiance.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
3 6 Mafia is the Metallica of Hip-Hop.

And Juicy J is the longest running rapper in the game, other than Snoop, that is still making music that actually sells and gets played

Practically ever major hip hop producer in the last decade has been sampling 3 6 Mafia from Sonny Digital, Metro Boomin, Zaytoven, 808 Mafia, MikeWill etc.

And as much as I like “Crossroads or First of The Month “it HAS NOT NOR WILL EITHER Surpass “Slob On My Knob”. Till this day you have teenage white girls quoting that song like the Pledge of Allegiance.

Which is why I said it was fucked up how none of the white artists that have sampled their shit or worked with them came out to support them.

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member

fucking thank you….

White girls eat that song up… even though most weren’t even alive when it came out

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Man if Lord Infamous was there….OMG… and performed

Liquor and Dat Bud
Where is Da Bud( 1 & 2)
Pass That Junt (Remix)
Lick My Nuts (Remix)
Tear Da Club Up
Triple 6 Clubhouse
Take Care of Yo Bizness
All Dirty Hoes
Tellin Bout These Hoes

RIP SCARECROW

exactly… man I hate that Him and Koop weren’t there to be on stage for this…

if infamous and Koop were there it would be a slaughter…. Cause they were the two who I really felt Bone’s style seemed to copy the most.

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
fucking thank you….

White girls eat that song up… even though most weren’t even alive when it came out

I remember 2012-2013 being in LA with this Asian chick who was going for her Phd. She was cool as fuck. When I tell you she knew every damn lyric to 80 % of the songs from Juicy’s Rubbaband Bizness 2 mixtape. If you put on Who Da Neighbors her behind would go from Betty White to Lil Jon like that

fonzerrillii

BGOL Elite Poster
Platinum Member
Niggas who don’t really know about the 6 think of just the Hype shit…. But Kats who really know the six from back in the horrorcore days know what they are about… the catalog is fucking insane.

Again…. They held shit back…

neptunes007

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Niggas who don’t really know about the 6 think of just the Hype shit…. But Kats who really know the six from back in the horrorcore days know what they are about… the catalog is fucking insane.

Again…. They held shit back…

Bruh, they didn’t even do Late Night Night Tip :hithead:

3 6 is one of those groups that can perform the non-hits and the crowd will be quoting the lyrics. Had they played We Gonna Rumble or Fucking With The Best :itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap:

Last edited:

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

3 6 is one of those groups that can perform the non-hits and the crowd will be quoting the lyrics. Had they played We Gonna Rumble or Fucking With The Best :itsawrap::itsawrap::itsawrap:

I was kind of pissed they didn't do any of the posse cuts.

I'm hoping Pat can get his own verzuz, so maybe that's why they didn't pull from his catalog, other than chick head. However, I don't now who would be good competition for Pat.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I finally got around to watching this shit....man this battle wasn't the right one....Bone should've battled..I don't know Cypress Hill or some shit. 3 6 too damn live to be battling some dudes singing/rapping about being high and shit.

Its crazy it never hit me how 3 6 shit still sound relevant today......that's always gonna resonate with the younger crowd. Like when Duke Deuce came out....shit it sound like some shit Three Six would've rapped over.

It was dope seeing all those people come out I ain't seen Flip and Koopa perform in a minute.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
While,Im more of a Bone fan Im glad the situation didn't get serious because it would have ruined everything.You don't see two iconic groups sharing the same stage often so Im glad things worked out at the end. With that said,Im looking forward to the Krayzie & DJ Paul album though. I hope both groups make an appearance because it makes too much sense...imo

Like,I said a few pages back both groups need to do an album together because both fanbases still have a little hate for one another despite Bone and Three Six squashing the beef in the late 90's.

tallblacknyc

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster

I already said he could’ve played this and the young people would’ve loved it

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
While,Im more of a Bone fan Im glad the situation didn't get serious because it would have ruined everything.You don't see two iconic groups sharing the same stage often so Im glad things worked out at the end. With that said,Im looking forward to the Krayzie & DJ Paul album though. I hope both groups make an appearance because it makes too much sense...imo

Like,I said a few pages back both groups need to do an album together because both fanbases still have a little hate for one another despite Bone and Three Six squashing the beef in the late 90's.
I am waaaaaay to bias to even really discuss this. Going OT in the 90s and saying you from Cleveland, Bone was damn near the first thing that would come up. And I don't even have to tell you how it was back here. For some, it was more than just music man.

Sure it might be the way for the other side and I can respect that shit.

ansatsusha_gouki

Land of the Heartless
Platinum Member
I am waaaaaay to bias to even really discuss this. Going OT in the 90s and saying you from Cleveland, Bone was damn near the first thing that would come up. And I don't even have to tell you how it was back here. For some, it was more than just music man.

Sure it might be the way for the other side and I can respect that shit.

People don't understand,how important and big they were to Cleveland at the time. Sure,we had MC Brains,Brothers 4 the Struggle and etc before Bone but none of them was even close to Bone when it came being sucessful as them. Bone is the reason,why Cleveland have a hip hop scene now.

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
I finally got around to watching this shit....man this battle wasn't the right one....Bone should've battled..I don't know Cypress Hill or some shit. 3 6 too damn live to be battling some dudes singing/rapping about being high and shit.

Its crazy it never hit me how 3 6 shit still sound relevant today......that's always gonna resonate with the younger crowd. Like when Duke Deuce came out....shit it sound like some shit Three Six would've rapped over.

That's because they did rap over it and produced it lol

ScottyPiffen745

BGOL CSI: Connoisseur of Sluts on Instagram™
Registered
Does Juvie have enough solo cuts to compete? I feel like he would have to pull from hot boys catalog.

It doesn't have to be all solo cuts. Everybody does features and stuff they wrote and everything. Somebody played some shit and they only did the hook.

Pat could do some of those Three 6 records, too.

doggface

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
It doesn't have to be all solo cuts. Everybody does features and stuff they wrote and everything. Somebody played some shit and they only did the hook.

Pat could do some of those Three 6 records, too.

I know, but I would say Pat has 20+ strong solo cuts easy

If Juvie has to rely on big timers and hot boys cuts, where he may not have been the standout performer, then it's an automatic L for me.

I may have to revist Juvies catalog, but without looking it doesn't seem like much of a competition.