The Wire’ actor Michael K. Williams found dead in NYC apartment

Ninja05

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
When our talented celebrities die, why do some of us suspect the worst. Everyone was gossiping about Chadwick, now this Bruh is gay or died of an overdose.

Edit- damn it, it was some drug shit

We lost an extremely talented actor. From Omar to Chalky White, the man played strong Black characters. He died too soon with way more scenes in his future.

Last edited:

Mr. Met

So Amazin
BGOL Investor
This one hurt. RIP.

tumblr_mjkbdsJqfm1qg39ewo1_500.gif

Darth Furious

Master
Platinum Member
[/QUOTE]
I’m grillin these chops and see this bullshit

man I had to give folks the tongs

Same here famo.

got the youngins up in here, News showing him like its a Wire marathon. Henny on the rocks will get me back right tho.

Man, just………F*CK!

Never watched The Wire but knew he was a show stopper on there.

Became a personal fan of his in the movie about Bessie Smith when he co-starred with Queen Latifah.

For me, that’s when I knew his range was limitless.

Man, how you privy to this info so soon?

I never did like "THE WIRE".
I just got tired of the Black = Ghetto = Drugs tropes.
And White Folks' (especially Liberals) endless fascination with US in that environment.

With that said,
Considering Williams' life story,
He being a BLACK Man,
And GAY on top of that,
I'm really not surprised.

I'm sure he never got over his molestation experience.
Even in his Adult life.

Great Actor.
Shit is So Sad.
I haven't watched the Wire yet but Mr. Chalky White was the reason I kept watching Boardwalk Empire

DAMN !!!!

RIP

White folks speak about Mash, Hill Street Blues, All in the Family, Good Times, The Sopranos and Breaking Bad but…

The Wire is EASILY the most profound, groundbreaking pieces of television produced in the last 50 years. Looking at it from a creative stand point - this kind of story has NEVER been told this way and it is objective, introspective and Shakespearean in its awareness of exactly what it is.

The point of this show has ZERO to do with drugs or race or the ghetto or even politics. It is an allegory about power and a tragedy of humanity - those that live, are lost and reborn within the perpetual cycle of life and all our faults and personal triumphs, no matter how trivial or grand they may be.

Williams was like an embodiment of that entire series.
oNE

Last edited:

meilmarc

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I never did like "THE WIRE".
I just got tired of the Black = Ghetto = Drugs tropes.
And White Folks' (especially Liberals) endless fascination with US in that environment.

With that said,
Considering Williams' life story,
He being a BLACK Man,
And GAY on top of that,
I'm really not surprised.

I'm sure he never got over his molestation experience.
Even in his Adult life.

Great Actor.
Shit is So Sad.
Although it was a good show, I agree with all of this. Well made show, but I hated how everyone tried to make it out to be modern day Shakespeare. As if the black dysfunction was so poignant.

The Wire way way beyond the ghetto drug life.

It was basically the tragedy of any inner city in America. No series has ever touched on the aspects of the streets, politics, police, school system and media and intertwined them to show how everything is connected.

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
The Wire way way beyond the ghetto drug life.

It was basically the tragedy of any inner city in America. No series has ever touched on the aspects of the streets, politics, police, school system and media and intertwined them to show how everything is connected.

ok