The Wire’ actor Michael K. Williams found dead in NYC apartment

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

Michael K. Williams, best known for his role in The Wire, has passed away, a rep confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter. He was 54.

“It is with deep sorrow that the family announces the passing of Emmy nominated actor Michael Kenneth Williams. They ask for your privacy while grieving this unsurmountable loss,” his long-time rep Marianna Shafran of Shafran PR confirmed with THR.

veritech

Black Votes Matter!
Platinum Member

Michael K. Williams, the actor who portrayed stick-up man-cum-antihero Omar Little in The Wire and racketeer Chalky White in Boardwalk Empire, died Monday inside his Brooklyn home at the age of 54. Williams’ rep confirmed the actor’s death to The Hollywood Reporter.

“It is with deep sorrow that the family announces the passing of Emmy-nominated actor Michael Kenneth Williams,” his rep Marianna Shafran said in a statement. “They ask for your privacy while grieving this unsurmountable loss.”

Prior to his acting career, the Brooklyn-born Williams became a dancer who worked with George Michael and Madonna, among others, before earning bit parts in The Sopranos, Law & Order and R. Kelly’s Trapped in the Closet. “People misconstrue when I say I was a dancer,” he told The Guardian in 2012. “I was not classically trained. I was a street dancer, and I got to do what I did in the nightclubs of New York City … I’m a kid from the streets of Brooklyn who got paid to travel the world.”

TheAlias

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
I never did like "THE WIRE".
I just got tired of the Black = Ghetto = Drugs tropes.
And White Folks' (especially Liberals) endless fascination with US in that environment.

Although it was a good show, I agree with all of this. Well made show, but I hated how everyone tried to make it out to be modern day Shakespeare. As if the black dysfunction was so poignant.

footloose

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I won't post the picture, but on his Wikipedia page there is a picture of him as the Celebrity Grand Marshal at the 2016 Pride Festival in San Francisco.
Ok. I know he did say he caught that 150 at a club in manhatten back in the day sounded like one of them disco clubs.

Chiyo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Here he is as the Celebrity Grand Marshal at the 2016 Pride Festival in San Francisco. ( From his Wikipedia page )

SFPrideParade2016_EddieHernandezPhotography-43_800px.jpg

Theres been non gay marshalls before

Kaotic

Dancing with the devil in the pale moon light...
Platinum Member
Very sad news indeed.. Rest in peace brother.

Bluelaser

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Fentanyl probably
I suspected the same as you.
Just a couple or several years ago on Chicago's west side, Heroin addicts were dropping dead like flies because
the drug dealers were cutting their dope with Fentanyl unaware of the lethal potency of an opiod 100 times stronger than morphine.
Damn ! This brother was one of my favorites who was making a name for himself as a solid journey man actor.
We've lost a very good actor who was an advocate for black people and our struggles.

R.I.P. Brother Mike Williams....