RIP Earl DMX Simmons

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I ain't gonna lie this shit breaks my heart.

DMX, Jay Z, Beans....that era....that was my introduction to to mainstream hip hop. I was too young to really remember Pac and BIG but I do remember when they died and it was time for someone to pick up the slack. X Did that shit. Did it better than ANYONE at that time.

His first 3 albums...he was on top of the world.

And I was there for all that shit musically. I still remember going to Sam Goody and going to buy Flesh of My Flesh Blood of My Blood(Its Dark and Hell Is Hot dropped I think a few months before this one if I'm not mistaken)....this rapper on the front of his cover covered in blood.

To some of y'all a little older.....how y'all felt when Prince died? How y'all felt when Michael died? For some of us this is our Michael. I think a lot of us including myself forgot that. I think we forgot how big DMX was and sort of took him for granted for his past accomplishments because he was currently battling his inner demons he's been battling shit before some of us were even born.

Rest in paradise Dark Man.....this a tough one here.

LennyNero1972

Sleeping Deity.
BGOL Investor
RIP DMX. I remember seeing him a year before his debut dropped on BET's Rap City when they interviewed LL Cool J during a roundtable, he was quiet and wearing glasses, didn't say much boy who knew at the time.:yes:

World B Free

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
25aef4cb31eec76bdacaa288a67ba852.jpg

Blackmayne

Rising Star
Registered
On a side note.....
Where da fuck is Jadakiss? :confused:
Like cot damn bruh
You ain't gonna give condolences to your fellow Ruff Ryder?

:(:(:(
He probably doing shit for his fam and peoples IN REAL LIFE instead of fucking around on the internet.... man I swear you sounding like these hoes that play a nigga close because I didn't make a birthday or anniversary post on social media for my wife so that equates to me not caring for my woman.?!?!?! How about we was out celebrating and I had my fucking phone tucked away so I could genuinely be present... I swear yall social media addicted fools make me sick!!

8/11Streetz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Just came in here to pay my respects to one of my favorite hip hop artist

X songs really got me thru some dark days in my personal life. His pain and passion in his raps was something that resonated with me. Rip X

O.J PIMPSON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I truly feel for the youngins who didn't get to feel this era. Like I've been in the clubs when Get At Me Dog came on. The women got as wild as the dudes did!! I remember jumping around like a damn fool and some chick jumped into me and started rapping the song at me, so I joined her!! Yeah u might get cuffed out(The Tunnel) when it hit but shit man X was different yo. No superstar has ever been so personable. I met dude at a recording studio and he struck up a conversation with me!! Walked into the lobby seen me and my peoples, we like oh shit its X, and he just walked over like wassup baby ya'll recording in here? Young niggas must got a deal or budget or some shit this bitch ain't cheap nah mean :lol: :lol: (Truth is rap niggas were notorious for a label spending the budget 2 block out studio time 4 days and rappers just never showing up, soooooooo yeah). R.I.P. X, one of the greatest and realest ever.

dtownsfinest

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
X had 15 kids I wonder how they dealing with this. :smh:
Damn I didn't know he had that many. But the main one that was always with him when he was younger..they eventually fell out. X was at a tough place and he was probably the oldest of his kids so he probably saw it the worst. He should be close to his late 20's or early 30's now so hopefully they gotta to make that right when it seemed like X was getting clean.