Anyone investing heavily this year??

How much money did you lose/gain this past week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HellBoy

Black Cam Girls -> BlackCamZ.Com
Platinum Member
So when you say ....What do you mean? Today I traded $BA, what would have considered heavy in options for $BA.
Heavy as in a lot of contracts trying to hit a home run. My method is 2, then if things are going in my direction I'll buy 3 more, then 5. Today, I almost bought 30 contracts on UA 19c @ .30... It wasn't going to break the bank, but still I need to stick to my system.

L_SON

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Heavy as in a lot of contracts trying to hit a home run. My method is 2, then if things are going in my direction I'll buy 3 more, then 5. Today, I almost bought 30 contracts on UA 19c @ .30... It wasn't going to break the bank, but still I need to stick to my system.
Got you! You would start small (2 contracts) and buy into a larger position if the stock is moving in your direction.

So how long do you hold those contracts for?

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Got you! You would start small (2 contracts) and buy into a larger position if the stock is moving in your direction.

So how long do you hold those contracts for?
I sell as soon as Im content with the gains, I try to hit 50% at least. I rarely hold scalps overnight. My option longs are for Jan. 2022, but I sell those too if they hit $500. I did that already with WFC, MS, and BAC. (Bought them back to do it again). I have a Dec. 2021 ARVL, as a YOLO play. lol

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
Yeah I only use them for long term holds and their charts are better. Fidelity's price and speed is significantly better in my experience.

Explains how they offer their service for free, they sell their order flow for shit prices so they can profit off it.

cincitystudios

Chopping it up
BGOL Investor
I sell as soon as Im content with the gains, I try to hit 50% at least. I rarely hold scalps overnight. My option longs are for Jan. 2022, but I sell those too if they hit $500. I did that already with WFC, MS, and BAC. (Bought them back to do it again). I have a Dec. 2021 ARVL, as a YOLO play. lol

Bulk of my money is in leaps. For Jan 22's which I have double digit contracts in ARKF an XLY, I would recommend holding until July, August at the latest an move on. Sept is the 2nd biggest dip of the year usually so you want to sell before then an then buy up in Sept. for the discount (typically... results may vary, I am not a financial advisor, due your DD, an any other disclaimer you can think of here ________).

HellBoy

Platinum Member
Possible NIO catalyst:

NIO Limited (NYSE:NIO) users and investors are expected to get a more detailed glimpse of its first-ever sedan model later this month.
What Happened: Nio, which unveiled its ET7 sedan at the Nio Day event held earlier this year, is expected to exhibit the model at the Shanghai auto show, the CnEVPost reported. The show is scheduled to be held April 19-28.

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
It’s why Robinhood is superior to most of these other platforms. Most platforms don’t have live trading — there’s usually a 20 minute delay. That delay can cause you serious heartburn if you’re not careful.
When it comes to fills, fidelity is the best but they have the most shitty app and website. I like the Webull app and website but their fills are shit and Robinhood is ok but it does have better fills than Webull

yaBoi

X-pert Professional
Platinum Member
When it comes to fills, fidelity is the best but they have the most shitty app and website. I like the Webull app and website but their fills are shit and Robinhood is ok but it does have better fills than Webull
yeah fidelity and webull are my choices right now

I'm still getting used to webull ..it throws so much information at you at once.. (on the PC not the phone app)

the one thing i like about webull is that they have a profit taking button LOL.. i wish fidelity had that..

Last edited:

Flawless

Flawless One
BGOL Investor
yeah fidelity and webull are my choices right now

I'm still getting used to webull ..it throws so much information at you at once.. (on the PC not the phone app)

the one thing i like about webull is that they have a profit taking button LOL.. i wish fidelity had that..

I find that fidelity has better stock research info but webull presents it better. If you look at the stock news fidelity tends to get news alerts faster and from better sources such as wallstreet journal and barrons, while webull is pulling info from yahoo finance and seeking alpha.

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To the long term investors..... I got some PPP money that's burning a hole in my bank account. Was thinking of grabbing a nice amount of Apple shares. I have about good amount of shares all together, from the 40's to about 100. This is over the last 3 years.... Its def one of my best performers. Im just looking at its highs and forecast and just history.

I hate increasing my average but with the little dividend as well its almost a no brainer, any other ideas where I can park this bread for the next 5 years?

bubba2k5

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
To the long term investors..... I got some PPP money that's burning a hole in my bank account. Was thinking of grabbing a nice amount of Apple shares. I have about good amount of shares all together, from the 40's to about 100. This is over the last 3 years.... Its def one of my best performers. Im just looking at its highs and forecast and just history.

I hate increasing my average but with the little dividend as well its almost a no brainer, any other ideas where I can park this bread for the next 5 years?
I'm in the same boat, I have some PPP and EIDL money I'm looking to invest long-term. I've been looking into some of the ARK etf's. I'm a gambler tho, so I'm willing to take some risk also.

Madrox

Vaya Con Dio
BGOL Investor

I know you're an ARKF man. If you're going for growth that might be a good spot. Individual stocks I'm high on DKNG and IPOE.

If you're going for preservation for that windfall, why not just VTI or VYM or VIG or something?

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I'm in the same boat, I have some PPP and EIDL money I'm looking to invest long-term. I've been looking into some of the ARK etf's. I'm a gambler tho, so I'm willing to take some risk also.

Yea I have a nice position in Ark F over 300 shares and 50 in ArkG, Im still down in them but def gonna be a nice long term....

I think have enough speculation but honestly when I knew the PPP was coming in I got

TAN
CHPT
PLTR
CCIV
ECOR

Now Im like ok I need to be done playing and just throw some money into something that in 5 years I can be like ok this money has doubled I can sell some stuff and make this last payment on the crib lol

BronxBomber

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I know you're an ARKF man. If you're going for growth that might be a good spot. Individual stocks I'm high on DKNG and IPOE.

If you're going for preservation for that windfall, why not just VTI or VYM or VIG or something?

You know me :lol:

Honestly thanks I didnt think about VYM......

EDIT:

@Madrox fam you woke me up just now....

high-dividend-etfs

Last edited: