Avengers: Endgame (2019) Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
What have you noticed in Marvel movies that most people have not?
Ya know what I just realized?

I don’t think Steve entirely enjoyed his time in the 1940s.

main-qimg-a96324e0dc0850d46bde80d9de200bce

He looks happy enough, but think about it. For the last several years, he’s been fighting side by side with heroes and patriots like War Machine and Falcon.

main-qimg-53690ea8d16a1b5284398d2b17d44ab1

Notice what those two have in common? This isn’t a trick question. They are both black. Neither one of them would have been popular heroes back in the 1940s. Far from it.

main-qimg-fe860e8b04531bf80b3651945d9dc7f8

So, what would it be like for Cap? How would he react to seeing black people belittled and mocked for the color of their skin, while remembering all the powerful experiences he had with Sam and Rhodey? I for one don’t believe he sat by and acted like nothing was wrong. Not with Cap’s character.

I suspect he hated it. He knew he couldn’t be very active because the world needed to keep thinking he was dead, so there wasn’t anything he could do.

I’m sure seeing Peggy again was nice, but was it worth it to have to rewind to a time with more bigotry? Was it worth it to have to see his own teammates belittled and mocked by association? I think not.

But I’m not the one who chose, Cap is. And who knows, maybe his experiences in the older days of America were the very reason he chose Sam as his successor.

main-qimg-ebfcf7c1c99a324cfed3c9c4424442eb

And a fine successor he is.

Remember, in CA:The 1st Avenger, Steve Rogers told Dr.Erskine he doesn't like bullies. Thus, why I think Cap feels a kinship with blacks. White folks that have an "ain't shit" upbringing like Steve , either are jealous or empathetic towards minorities.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

Why did Frank Grillo refuse to return as Crossbones for Avengers: Endgame at first?

Hi.

main-qimg-f85604cb264da0521dd2ca9ca34d1826

Frank Grillo first showed up as Brock Rumlow a.k.a Crossbones in Captain America: The Winter Soldier and when he got the role he signed a contract for seven appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

He then appeared in Captain America: Civil War, where his character dies right at the beginning of the movie.

main-qimg-9eaa89268ba36c5599c58bacedd5023e

Frank didn’t open up about how he felt about his character being killed off after only two appearances and not being able to do the other five in the contract until recently when he went on the Lights Camera Barstool podcast to promote his new film entitled Boss Level.

He stated:
The trajectory of Crossbones took a turn and he was out of the series really quickly, right?
And I was a little pissed off about it because, you know, I signed a seven-picture deal with them and it was like, ‘Oh, you're going to be part of the Marvel Universe, right?’ And it didn't happen.
And so they called me and they said, ‘Look, we need you to come down for a week for Avengers,’ and I'm like, ‘For what?’ And they go, ‘Well, we can't…’ I'm like, ‘No, I'm not doing it.’ So I hung up. I get a call back. I'm like, ‘I'm not coming. Leave me alone’ And like… who am I? Who am I, right?

main-qimg-a6f396a12d438c796784f09f6775cb6e

He was adamant and rightfully angry with the studio and the writers, but luckily for us, someone managed to change his mind:
My 22-year-old son said to me,‘You should go and do Avengers.’
I'm like, ‘Oh yeah, why should I go?’
‘Because I'm telling you need to go.’
He said, ‘I don't care if you're in the movie for 10 seconds. It's a part of history. It's a big deal. It’s a big scene. It’s an important thing… everybody gets to kind of smile and go, ‘Oh my God!’
And that’s why I did it, because of my son, not because of the Russos.
He will reprise his role in the animated show What if…?, but when it comes to the live-action MCU, he reckons:
They’re done with me.
Because of the way the stories wound up being told and just how big the stories became, the Crossbones of it wasn’t really part of the future of the Avengers.
I love Frank Grillo and I really hope they somehow give him another chance as he did nothing to deserve this and even at 55 he can still kick ass as an action star as you can see in his new film Boss Level.

Thank you for reading.

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
Why do you love MCU so much?

Know this guy?

main-qimg-4027dd785143ee706bc955524de17cdf

That's Senator Stern from Iron Man 2, trying to get Tony Stark to hand over his Iron Man suits and designs for the United States government to use.

And know this guy?

The guy who's not bald and who's wearing the expensive glasses and whose tie was not threatened to become purple? That's also Senator Stern.

This was absolutely something I wasn't looking for. Senator Stern was part of Hydra, and he wanted Tony Stark to hand over his Iron Man suits to them… because he wanted to help take over the world.

Nicely done, Disney. You've got me here. There are always backstories you could have completely ignored, and then gone back and watched the movies in order, and suddenly some things click together like jigsaw puzzles.

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Gwyneth Paltrow offers update on what it'd take for her to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The Oscar winner is open to playing Pepper Potts again under one condition.
By Marcus Jones
March 12, 2021 at 09:18 PM EST

Don't count Gwyneth Paltrow out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe just yet.

Appearing on People (the TV show!) this week, the actress and lifestyle entrepreneur told host Kay Adams that she would be open to returning to a Marvel film or TV series as Pepper Potts "if it was a small part that I could do in like a day or two."

The Oscar-winning actress and Iron Man star has appeared in more MCU projects than most of the Avengers — so many that she has been known to forget some — but implied she was done with the franchise after Avengers: Endgame. "I'm a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point," she joked to Variety in 2019.

CREDIT: MARVEL
Since 2015, Paltrow has been pulling further and further away from acting in general, and building her brand Goop, which had a Netflix docuseries last year.

With the MCU becoming more and more expansive though, now including Disney+ shows like WandaVision, there's a good chance Disney may take her up on that spare day of shooting she has offered.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Gwyneth Paltrow offers update on what it'd take for her to return to the Marvel Cinematic Universe

The Oscar winner is open to playing Pepper Potts again under one condition.
By Marcus Jones
March 12, 2021 at 09:18 PM EST

Don't count Gwyneth Paltrow out of the Marvel Cinematic Universe just yet.

Appearing on People (the TV show!) this week, the actress and lifestyle entrepreneur told host Kay Adams that she would be open to returning to a Marvel film or TV series as Pepper Potts "if it was a small part that I could do in like a day or two."

The Oscar-winning actress and Iron Man star has appeared in more MCU projects than most of the Avengers — so many that she has been known to forget some — but implied she was done with the franchise after Avengers: Endgame. "I'm a bit old to be in a suit and all that at this point," she joked to Variety in 2019.

CREDIT: MARVEL
Since 2015, Paltrow has been pulling further and further away from acting in general, and building her brand Goop, which had a Netflix docuseries last year.

With the MCU becoming more and more expansive though, now including Disney+ shows like WandaVision, there's a good chance Disney may take her up on that spare day of shooting she has offered.

Okay but she's weird as hell. You never know what she's going to say or do next...I'd fuck..:dunno::scared:

But with the CGI and RDJs penchant for the spotlight I could see both him and her returning for prequels

playahaitian

Rising Star
Certified Pussy Poster
Avatar overtakes Avengers: Endgame to once again become the top-grossing movie of all time

By Lauren Huff
March 13, 2021 at 11:53 AM EST

The Na'vi are victorious once again.

In the battle for global box office records, James Cameron's Avatar surpassed Avengers: Endgame over the weekend to reclaim its place as the highest-grossing film of all time. Avatar, which was re-released in China over the weekend, previously held the record until Endgame dethroned it in 2019.

The 2009 film's total gross now stands at an estimated $2.802 billion, with the Avengers pic at $2.797 billion. (Both films, incidentally, are owned by Disney.)

"We are proud to reach this great milestone, but Jim [Cameron] and I are most thrilled that the film is back in theaters during these unprecedented times, and we want to thank our Chinese fans for their support," Avatar producer Jon Landau said in a statement. "We are hard at work on the next Avatar films and look forward to sharing the continuation of this epic story for years to come."

Marvel Studios also congratulated Cameron, Landau, and Avatar in a tweet, writing, "Congratulations to @JimCameron, @JonLandau, and ALL of Na'vi Nation for reclaiming the box office crown! We love you 3000."

Going into the weekend, Endgame had amassed $2,797,501,328 globally, while Avatar came in at $2,789,679,794. On Friday alone, when Avatar was re-released, it grossed an estimated Rmb22.5M (or $3.5 million), placing No. 1 for the day.
The filmmaker responded to the news by sharing the announcement post from Marvel Studios and adding a heart emoji.

knightmelodic

American fruit, Afrikan root.
BGOL Investor
Avatar overtakes Avengers: Endgame to once again become the top-grossing movie of all time

By Lauren Huff
March 13, 2021 at 11:53 AM EST

The Na'vi are victorious once again.

In the battle for global box office records, James Cameron's Avatar surpassed Avengers: Endgame over the weekend to reclaim its place as the highest-grossing film of all time. Avatar, which was re-released in China over the weekend, previously held the record until Endgame dethroned it in 2019.

The 2009 film's total gross now stands at an estimated $2.802 billion, with the Avengers pic at $2.797 billion. (Both films, incidentally, are owned by Disney.)

"We are proud to reach this great milestone, but Jim [Cameron] and I are most thrilled that the film is back in theaters during these unprecedented times, and we want to thank our Chinese fans for their support," Avatar producer Jon Landau said in a statement. "We are hard at work on the next Avatar films and look forward to sharing the continuation of this epic story for years to come."

Marvel Studios also congratulated Cameron, Landau, and Avatar in a tweet, writing, "Congratulations to @JimCameron, @JonLandau, and ALL of Na'vi Nation for reclaiming the box office crown! We love you 3000."

Going into the weekend, Endgame had amassed $2,797,501,328 globally, while Avatar came in at $2,789,679,794. On Friday alone, when Avatar was re-released, it grossed an estimated Rmb22.5M (or $3.5 million), placing No. 1 for the day.
The filmmaker responded to the news by sharing the announcement post from Marvel Studios and adding a heart emoji.

lol. They trolling him like fuck.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Nobody outside of whites gives a damn about avatar. That movie is criminally overrated. Stop posting this shit. Its a waste of a thread panel.

When I first saw avatar.. I thought it was cool.

Then I understood what the message was saying..

It was telling cacs the avatars were the future

And if they plan on being part of the future they are going

To have to change their genetics to adapt...

You KNOW they were talking about us..

Even cameroon admitted the blue characters repped

Moorish people.

But endgame ...

Did hulk mad dirty...

Turned him into a raging metrosexual faggot..

Thanos became that dude

Sango

Rising Star
Platinum Member
When I first saw avatar.. I thought it was cool.

Then I understood what the message was saying..

It was telling cacs the avatars were the future

And if they plan on being part of the future they are going

To have to change their genetics to adapt...

You KNOW they were talking about us..

Even cameroon admitted the blue characters repped

Moorish people.

But endgame ...

Did hulk mad dirty...

Turned him into a raging metrosexual faggot..

Thanos became that dude
All the way fucked up how they did the Hulk.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
All the way fucked up how they did the Hulk.

Lol it was disgusting

I was ready for that thanos hulk showdown

Never happend..dont get me wrong endgame was a dope lil flick

But it was the thanos cgi and his execution of his storyline that made the movie...

Hulks whole storyline as a long time team hulk type of knigga

Was hard to watch

Darkness's

" Jackie Reinhart is a lady.."
Registered
You fools love avatar more than canvas thwt movie was ga4bage and also boring I saw nothing groundbreaking about special effects. I edpex5ed more mcu news but instead I see about 15 panels of blue cat people and Disney was missing. Y'all exhaust me sometimes

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
What small details from a Marvel movie do you love?

This has probably been mentioned before but I’ve always thought it was really cool that Drax showed his respect for Tony Stark by dressing up for Tony’s funeral and actually wore a top for the first time in the MCU.

main-qimg-61d9baf261cbf8d850da63f9b7479984

Drax has mentioned his “sensitive nipples” before as a reason for being permanently topless. I cannot remember him ever wearing clothing on his top half in the MCU, other than wearing an armoured rocket pack in the climactic battle in Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2, but even this led to him screaming “aaaarrgghhh, my nipples” as he blasted off. The man clearly has an aversion to wearing clothing on his upper body.

Which is why I thought it was a really beautiful and poignant moment when I saw Drax dressed up for Tony’s funeral. Drax clearly had huge respect for Tony and the sacrifice that he made in order to finally vanquish Thanos.

I’m sure that there were copious amounts of nipple tape used in order to attend the funeral.

main-qimg-2d50e40b6ea965399e77f122363cfdcc

DJCandle

BGOL Investor
Watching Endgame again and I’m wondering Tony HAD to snap his fingers once he grabbed the stones. He could’ve easily destroyed Thanos himself with all those stones and lived on.

Was he forced to do it?