WandaVision | Official Thread | Marvel / Disney+

LordSinister

One Punch Mayne
Super Moderator
How are they undefeated? They literally turned a movie into a failed tv series with the Inhumans. At one point, they gave the impression that the Inhumans would play a large role probably to fill in the Mutant gap.im not complaining but they may have also altered Thor some because parts of the character or story wasn't working for some audiences. They always had the comedic parts of Thor but they pushed more to the forefront especially with the third Thor movie.

You and others really need to let it go. People didn't like the first two episodes. Nothing changed in episode 8 that would alter their opinion. Personally the first two episodes weren't for me, but I wouldn't say they were bad. There are very few if any series that have flawless sessions. That doesn't take away from the fact that the session or series were good or great. So far, Wandavision has exceeded most people's expectations in my opinion. I only say that because alot of people claimed that of all the shows this was the one they were interested in the least.

As for this episode, it has confirmed that I was on the right track overall. I'm curious to see how it ends. This could change next episode or in a post credit, but I'm happy to see they aren't going the direction alot of people thought. Next week may change my mind but so far episode 8 has been the best episode.
:colin:

sinsay

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I don't think there's going to be any real significant big surprising cameo.

This is just a hell of a show regardless. I thought this was one of the top 2 episodes of this show so far...neck and neck with episode 4. Really nice way to get an origin story for the Scarlet Witch character which I think Marvel is about to make a pretty big character in the MCU.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Mind gem pushed her powers to the MAX.
Pietro was experimented on with the mind gem and got his powers.
My only question is if she was born a witch, and that allowed the mind gem to alter her, what about Pietro? How do they explain him unless she manipulated the mind gem to change him too.

Lou_Kayge

Rising Star
Registered
In Greek mythology, the Greek gods fucked and had offspring wuth a bunch of humans. I am surprised there's been no implication that Loki and other Asgardians don't have any part human progeny.

WattDogs

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

I didn't watch this yet but for anyone that has...

Did they mention how the DC Universe's Chaos magic overloaded her during JLA/Avengers & when she returned back to the Marvel Universe, she lost her shit, killing Ant-Man, Jack of Hearts & Vision? Then later, no more mutants?

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor
My only question is if she was born a witch, and that allowed the mind gem to alter her, what about Pietro? How do they explain him unless she manipulated the mind gem to change him too.

Mind gem pushed her powers to the MAX.
Pietro was experimented on with the mind gem and got his powers.
That was the previous belief/explanation of her powers.

I believe that what we are getting here with wanda vision is a very subtle retconning of her (and by extension Pietro's) MCU origin.

When we are first introduced to Wanda and Pietro at the end of the winter soldier, we have Strucker say He is introducing the world to the age of miracles!

Back than they couldn't use the term mutants. But now with the entire X-men catalog under their control I believe this is a very slight retcon into when Wanda 1st manifested her powers due to the fact she is a mutant.

Last edited:

Eclipse99

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
That was the previous belief/explanation of her powers.

I believe that what we are getting here with wanda vision is a very subtle retconning of her (and by extension Pietro's) MCU origin.

When we are first introduced to Wanda and Pietro at the end of the winter soldier, we have Strucker say He is introducing the world to the age of miracles!

Back than they couldn't use the term mutants. But now with the entire X-men catalog under their control I believe this is a very slight retcon into when Wanda 1st manifested her powers due to the fact she is a mutant.

Yea seems like WandaVision was created to introduce the concept of mutants. If so they did/doing a pretty good job so far.

Don Coreleone

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
IMG_1416-02.png

Deezz

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
I wanted to like this series so much. Just so odd and hard to get in to for me.

I just like a straight forward action packed superhero show w/ a good story. Props for trying to be creative, but this show is just so boring half the time.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
I was gonna hold out until next week to watch episodes 8 and 9.

But my kids wanted to see it....so I gave in.

HaHa!!!

Dayum good episode. Good backstory on Agatha and Wandas origins.

Did anybody go “Hold On...Wait A Minute...” when Wanda/Pietro father walked in the door?

HaHa!!!....Its obvious they got plans to bring Magneto into the story going by that scene.

And did anybody bust out laughing when Tony’s bomb was a dud. Pure Comedy.

Somebody mentioned Professor X making a cameo. If they bring in Patrick Stewart, cats will lose their damn mind....and if Ian McKellan pops up with him with both of them coming in from the future.....Gots Dayum!!!!!

My heart will not be able to take it!

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I wanted to like this series so much. Just so odd and hard to get in to for me.

I just like a straight forward action packed superhero show w/ a good story. Props for trying to be creative, but this show is just so boring half the time.

I hear you.

This show went all in on originality.

It wasn't gonna work with all fans.

Im one of the fans who had more fun with the speculation/theory videos then the actual show. The show's been just ok, not great.

D'Evils

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Retconning mutants, witches become just a class of mutants.

No... A regular human can use magic they have to learn how to use it like Dr. Strange...

Wanda in the comics is a Mutant and Witch...
Her Mutant power is to manipulate probability... Hexes (manipulated energy fields and matter to varying degrees) and she learned to use magic from Agatha...

Scarlett Witch in the MCU so far is a Nexus Being (Rare individual entities with the ability to affect probability and thus the future, thereby altering the flow of the Universal Time Stream)

and possibly a mutant (not confirmed yet) who used her Hex power enhanced by an Infinity Stone...

And soon a Witch, on the verge of learning Magic...

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I was gonna hold out until next week to watch episodes 8 and 9.

But my kids wanted to see it....so I gave in.

HaHa!!!

Dayum good episode. Good backstory on Agatha and Wandas origins.

Did anybody go “Hold On...Wait A Minute...” when Wanda/Pietro father walked in the door?

HaHa!!!....Its obvious they got plans to bring Magneto into the story going by that scene.

And did anybody bust out laughing when Tony’s bomb was a dud. Pure Comedy.

Somebody mentioned Professor X making a cameo. If they bring in Patrick Stewart, cats will lose their damn mind....and if Ian McKellan pops up with him with both of them coming in from the future.....Gots Dayum!!!!!

My heart will not be able to take it!

Looking forward to next weeks episode.

Nah man...

Magneto is not being set up. He isnt their father.

Tony's bomb wasnt a dud. Wanda stopped it from blowing up with her Hex magic, before she ever even knew what she was doing.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Naw. I dont think they are calling mutants witches at all. Agatha isn't a mutant.
Wanda's mutant power was always probability, same as Domino, LongShot and Gambit.
Her's is just way more powerful.

Retconning mutants, witches become just a class of mutants.

TENT

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
THERE YOU GO! YOU GOT IT.

Wanda fixes or hexes reality so that she wins. It is a chaos magic. Always has been.
As she got stronger, it grew to change reality itself.
But her power was always using probability so that she was lucky and got things her way if you will.

Nah man...

Magneto is not being set up. He isnt their father.

Tony's bomb wasnt a dud. Wanda stopped it from blowing up with her Hex magic, before she ever even knew what she was doing.

blackbull1970

The Black Bastard
Platinum Member
Fuck it....I’m gonna call it.

They have both aged out of the roles....it will be perfect as a final farewell to their roles to have cameos in the Finale.

It definitely will be on the level of Luke Skywalkers cameo in “The Mandalorian”.

x-men-days-of-future-past-patrick-stewart-ian-mckellen.jpg

ThaBurgerPimp

Rising Star
BGOL Patreon Investor
Fuck it....I’m gonna call it.

They have both aged out of the roles....it will be perfect as a final farewell to their roles to have cameos in the Finale.

It definitely will be on the level of Luke Skywalkers cameo in “The Mandalorian”.

x-men-days-of-future-past-patrick-stewart-ian-mckellen.jpg
Minus whale throw him in the mix also

VXLYGFERLF5RAD2ET5V5KS3T7U.jpg

AllUniverse17

Rising Star
Registered
I could be wrong but it seems like it implied (the flashback scene when she was a child) that she stopped the bomb. Indicating she had powers all along before she interacted with the stone.

Yup i saw it the same, she did stop the bombs with her hex powers.

But from what Im seeing, Agatha is talking about her as some sort of prophesied witch goddess, not as a mutant, at least thats been my interpretation.