Official BGOL Crypto Currency Thread ★★★★★

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Hey, are you saying that you don't trust you coins on Coinbase? All the reputable firms do their transactions there. I assumed that it might be safe there rather the an online wallet.

He is saying Coinbase is reputable. However, keeping your coins/tokens off Coinbase or exchanges in general and in a wallet will allow you access to your funds at all times. If you want to buy sell or trade in general you can find somewhere else to do it in the times Coinbase or anywhere else runs into an issue.

Think of what happens when you attempt to take over 1500 or more from an atm. Banks will restrict how much money you take out daily. In crypto, you always have access to your funds as long as it is in your wallet and you have the keys to the wallet.

If you are not responsible enough to put your key somewhere safely, I'd honestly recommend keeping your funds on a reputable exchange. It is the same trade off as using a bank though and if something happens to the exchange clearly you'll lose your funds, but losing your password to your account shouldn't be an issue. Get in contact with customer service and you'll get a new password and access to your funds

If you are responsible enough to secure your key, not putting your funds on an exchange provides more freedom but there is no customer service to get your forgotten keys and your funds will be lost.

As a person who lost his key with 30000 plus worth of Dash, I'll tell you it's the worst feeling ever. For two weeks before and after work I'd spend every minute trying to figure out my key. Luckily I was fortunate enough to finally figure out my key after hours of writing down different combinations of words. People have lost millions in crypto the same way. Most of my funds are in a wallet but there are still risk associated with doing so.

Alot of hard-core crypto users are against exchanges or banks due to major events in the space where large exchanges failed. However, you really do need to know who you are as a person. If you tend to forget alot or lose shit regularly or just have kids/pets around, you may consider just leaving it on an exchange or do a combination of both a wallet and exchange. People will talk that crypto shit , but as soon as you lose your keys most will throw it in your face and be happy more of the supply is out of circulation.

End of the day do what is right for you.

bubba2k5

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For those holding XDC, where are you storing your coins? Since it’s no longer Er20, can’t keep it on my ledger, so I’m currently leaving it on Mercatox, which I’m not comfortable with.

gene cisco

Not A BGOL Eunuch
BGOL Investor
He is saying Coinbase is reputable. However, keeping your coins/tokens off Coinbase or exchanges in general and in a wallet will allow you access to your funds at all times. If you want to buy sell or trade in general you can find somewhere else to do it in the times Coinbase or anywhere else runs into an issue.

Think of what happens when you attempt to take over 1500 or more from an atm. Banks will restrict how much money you take out daily. In crypto, you always have access to your funds as long as it is in your wallet and you have the keys to the wallet.

If you are not responsible enough to put your key somewhere safely, I'd honestly recommend keeping your funds on a reputable exchange. It is the same trade off as using a bank though and if something happens to the exchange clearly you'll lose your funds, but losing your password to your account shouldn't be an issue. Get in contact with customer service and you'll get a new password and access to your funds

If you are responsible enough to secure your key, not putting your funds on an exchange provides more freedom but there is no customer service to get your forgotten keys and your funds will be lost.

As a person who lost his key with 30000 plus worth of Dash, I'll tell you it's the worst feeling ever. For two weeks before and after work I'd spend every minute trying to figure out my key. Luckily I was fortunate enough to finally figure out my key after hours of writing down different combinations of words. People have lost millions in crypto the same way. Most of my funds are in a wallet but there are still risk associated with doing so.

Alot of hard-core crypto users are against exchanges or banks due to major events in the space where large exchanges failed. However, you really do need to know who you are as a person. If you tend to forget alot or lose shit regularly or just have kids/pets around, you may consider just leaving it on an exchange or do a combination of both a wallet and exchange. People will talk that crypto shit , but as soon as you lose your keys most will throw it in your face and be happy more of the supply is out of circulation.

End of the day do what is right for you.
Great tips.

I might add that anyone with a good chunk of change in crypto should cop at least 3-5 hardware wallets per wallet. Use the seed from the first to do the others. That way they know the seed works. Heard bad stories of people going to do a backup and the seed don't work. Since the wallet wipes after 3 failed pin attempts, people got an extra layer.

Can get creative hiding them bitches. Can keep one in a safety deposit box, but remember that's like a bank. They can restrict access or seize that shit.

Some people think 2 HW wallets is enough. The original and a backup. I'm way to paranoid for just 2. Use a burner email for ledger. :eek:

Somebody need to slap the shit out justin sun and his people.

:hithead:

Busted :eek::lol:

They fuckin wit their bag holders money doing dumb shit like this.

:smh: Sun stay on bullshit. I still remember when he got caught dumping January 18. He is the king of the announcement of the announcement.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
For those holding XDC, where are you storing your coins? Since it’s no longer Er20, can’t keep it on my ledger, so I’m currently leaving it on Mercatox, which I’m not comfortable with.
I'm using the web wallet, but it's having issues. The address that you withdraw your tokens too doesn't show up all the time. So you when you log back into the wallet your address is supposed to be the first one but it's not showing up. I sent a message to the developers in their telegram group, waiting for resolution. Others are having the same issues. I have 5k in the web wallet that isn't showing up. I have the rest on AlphaEx exchange but I'm not withdrawing them until this shit is cleared up.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Glad I sold that shit in 2018 and got most of my money back.

I held on till 2020 bruh..20 fuckin 20.i dumped all that shit into eth.fuckin trx.
Jack ma's student but jack ma getting jacked up in china talking bout they jacked ma shit.man hell no.

:lol:

Xi xinping tea bagged his dreams

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
A friendly reminder to be safe with your keys. The video below is kind of related to my earlier opinion on holding your funds in your own wallet vs holding on an exchange. Being responsible enough to have your funds in a personal wallet is not just making sure to not forget your key. Its also keeping your key safe from others.

The youtuber accidentally gave his key to someone pretending to be customer support for Atomic Wallet. There is never a reason to give out your key, password or mnemonic phrase to a third party. Doing so is the similar to giving someone your credit card pin, or banking related passwords. You are giving people access to your funds and it will be stolen in most cases. No reputable person or organization will ask for your private key and if they do you should question their legitimacy. Losing $20000 is a very hard lesson you should learn from others and not personally experience yourself.

Again, there is nothing outright wrong with keeping your funds on a reputable exchange especially if you are new to crypto and just learning. As you learn more, you can slowly migrate your funds to a wallet once you are comfortable. Don't get caught up in crypto philosophy.

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
A friendly reminder to be safe with your keys. The video below is kind of related to my earlier opinion on holding your funds in your own wallet vs holding on an exchange. Being responsible enough to have your funds in a personal wallet is not just making sure to not forget your key. Its also keeping your key safe from others.

The youtuber accidentally gave his key to someone pretending to be customer support for Atomic Wallet. There is never a reason to give out your key, password or mnemonic phrase to a third party. Doing so is the similar to giving someone your credit card pin, or banking related passwords. You are giving people access to your funds and it will be stolen in most cases. No reputable person or organization will ask for your private key and if they do you should question their legitimacy. Losing $20000 is a very hard lesson you should learn from others and not personally experience yourself.

Again, there is nothing outright wrong with keeping your funds on a reputable exchange especially if you are new to crypto and just learning. As you learn more, you can slowly migrate your funds to a wallet once you are comfortable. Don't get caught up in crypto philosophy.

damn I know dude kicked himself a few times.. an losing that 30000 crypto I know you FELT that shit...

but in the crypto world folks lose that shit just trading.. just ask the folks that was holding

xrp when it was damn near five dollars..

some dudes right up here lost a qtr to a half milly.....

wouncie

If you don’t own any Bitcoin you’re doing it wrong
OG Investor
Everybody is speaking of holding 2017 & 2018 Shitcoin bags. Just a reminder that there are “Lost opportunity cost” associated with having your money “sittin” (losing value). That money could of made countless GAIN$ hade u let it actually “work for you” instead of just sittting and losing value as a depreciating asset that you “hope” will come back to or surpass its previous ATH. Fellas, some of those ATH are simple that. I recommend cutting losers fast. Especially after they have broken major support. Also you can trade on Leveraged Futures exchanges that you can make money by possibly shorting. (U have 2 front pockets. Why not get money in both of them?) Or you can just sit it out. (Being flat is a position in itself) But holding a shitcoin that’s depreciating for years is like paying a car note on a broken down classic in the back yard hoping to brink it back to life one day.

Last edited:

Mrfreddygoodbud

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Everybody is speaking of holding 2017 & 2018 Shitcoin bags. Just a reminder that there are “Lost opportunity cost” associated with having your money “sittin” (losing value). That money could of made countless GAIN$ hade u let it actually “work for you” instead of just sittting and losing value as a depreciating asset that you “hope” will come back to or surpass its previous ATH. Fellas, some of those ATH are simple that. I recommend cutting losers fast. Especially after they have broken major support. Also you can trade on Leveraged Futures exchanges that you can make money by possibly shorting. (U have 2 front pockets. Why not get money in both of them?) Or you can just sit it out. (Being flat is a position in itself) But holding a shitcoin that’s depreciating for years is like paying a car note on a broken down classic in the back yard hoping to brink it back to life one day.

very interesting, and im about to get my game up on this shorting thingy, but the issue with alt

coins is when the fuckin crooked i.r.s go involved and said they were going to

tax every trade, the money made in shit coins wasnt hodling and hoping, it was flipping the fuck out of its volatility, thats where the money was....

there is so much money to be made in flipping them coins its not even funny.

even when the whales come through, if you time their patterns you can ride their waves..

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
damn I know dude kicked himself a few times.. an losing that 30000 crypto I know you FELT that shit...

but in the crypto world folks lose that shit just trading.. just ask the folks that was holding

xrp when it was damn near five dollars..

some dudes right up here lost a qtr to a half milly.....

There is a difference from losing money from trading and losing it from being careless. I expect to have loses from time to time. I don't expect to lose money from losing my credentials or being careless. If you lose 200 or 200000 its a loss, 20000 may not mean much to those with deep pockets but that 20000 could be life changing for others. Even with 200, that is money that could have been used for food for the month. In the case of the youtuber, 20000 was 80% of his holdings. Luckily all of his funds were not in crypto.

I get what you are saying overall, but we all need to respect money more. We've all heard stories of people who wasted there wealth one way or another and the regrets they had including bad investments.any of us could be in a situation were we can't recover the money we lost on a trade or losing access to something. In my opinion people in crypto tend not to respect money because the average person can make money faster than stocks or other legal ways.

Not having access to 30000 worth of Dash was a lesson in being responsible and slight humility. To your point, 30000 wasn't a big deal considering my overall holdings at that time. It was just the though of not having access that irritated me the most. Once I got the access back, I treated holding funds in my wallet with more care. To be fair to myself, this was in the very early stages of me learning about wallets and crypto in general in 2017.

daking181

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
What apps are you guys using to buy crypto?
What digital wallets do you guys recommend to use?

I've been using g PayPal but they have only 4 choices to buy from

Last edited:

GianoJuan

Comandante en Jefe
BGOL Investor
Somebody need to slap the shit out justin sun and his people.

:hithead:

Busted :eek::lol:

They fuckin wit their bag holders money doing dumb shit like this.

Why? Dude you "buy the rumor and sell the news" as they say. The YouTube'r seems way more cornier than Sun...A vast majority of the ads you watch for products are paid promotions. That's the fun of the crypto space as it's the wild wild west in a sense, up until recently it was a very unregulated space. So why is it OK for Musk to shill fucking Doge coin, which has 0 use case as a cryptocurrency, and Sun is viewed as wrong for getting promotion from celebs? So when I see Meg Thee Stallion giving away free BTC on twitter am I to believe she is just that versed in the crypto space to be giving shit away? NO, she was paid. But most just get their money and do the promotion or ignore the shit. The same way Lebron had that damn new hummer and posted it up on his social media, he aint buy that shit.

RoomService

Dinner is now being served.
BGOL Investor
What apps are you guys using to buy crypto?
What digital wallets do you guys recommend to use?

I've been using g PayPal but they have only 4 choices to buy from
Go back 100 pages in this thread.... that should be your starting point

DVS X

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Im stuck in this position too. Wasnt an issue when XDC wasnt worth much.. But with the price skyrocketing is making me...more concerned. Hopefully they will address the issue with Ledger in the near future.

roblo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor
Is it too late to get into Bitcoin? Or should I look more into Ethereum and ALT coins?
I focus on return on investment. Just for you to double your money btc has to hit over 100k at this point. It might happen, but I don't buy when crypto is pumping to all time highs. I try to find undervalued projects. I'm looking for a 10x return minimum on any crypto I invest in. I don't like the chances buying btc at 52k. I think there will an opportunity for a much better entry point in the near future.

guyver

Rising Star
Platinum Member
Why? Dude you "buy the rumor and sell the news" as they say. The YouTube'r seems way more cornier than Sun...A vast majority of the ads you watch for products are paid promotions. That's the fun of the crypto space as it's the wild wild west in a sense, up until recently it was a very unregulated space. So why is it OK for Musk to shill fucking Doge coin, which has 0 use case as a cryptocurrency, and Sun is viewed as wrong for getting promotion from celebs? So when I see Meg Thee Stallion giving away free BTC on twitter am I to believe she is just that versed in the crypto space to be giving shit away? NO, she was paid. But most just get their money and do the promotion or ignore the shit. The same way Lebron had that damn new hummer and posted it up on his social media, he aint buy that shit.

I don't think I said it here but personally I thought what Musk was doing was wrong. Mainly because people tend to follow behind celebrities or people they believe to be intelligent. I had to tell a few people about the history of doge and why it may go up in value; long term may not be a good investment. For every person who heard it was more of a joke, there were more who thought he was supporting as a serious investment and bought it from Robinhood.

Justin getting paying people to sponsor an investment is normally illegal if the sponsor doesn't disclose they were paid. Similar to Musk people may have believed those celebrities really thought Tron was worth investing in. I'm not saying it's not, but people are not doing research and could lose money with crypto in general. Getting sponsorships for investments is not equal to clothing and vehicles.

Also, Tron is not comparable to doge. There are Dapps built on the platform regardless of them not necessarily being considered high level. The issue with Tron is Justin Sun hurting the reputation of Tron with the type of actions he is currently being accused of.

Granted more regulation is coming regardless this type of behavior will cause more heavy handed rules to be created for a industry they clearly don't want around. Before you know it, they'll make it a rule that only credited investors can operate in crypto because of jokes from Musk who I believe doesn't really care for crypto much even with putting BTC on Tesla's balance sheet.

Mr.Mojo

Rising Star
BGOL Investor

Because he ain't slick enough..if you gonna do some shit like that it got to at least look organic.Bitcoin has made such an impact that celebs are fomoing in.trx was at three cents for years.all of a sudden lindsay lohan and etc are promoting it? It's obvious shilling.
.honestly trx needed a real marketing company behind it.not justin sun trying to be satoshi lite..he markets his brand like asians stereotypically drive...bad.

sumofyallniggasisbitches2

BootyEnthusiast; Ass-preneur
BGOL Investor
yo....are any of the exchanges down for you guys???? I get a gateway error trying to log into Coinbase, Kracken, and Bittrex....I cant even get into coinmarketcap.com....WTF

darth frosty

Dark Lord of the Sith
BGOL Investor

EuismF8XEAEqsN4

APOPHIS

Autodidact / Polymath
Platinum Member
TRAVALA UPDATE:

Trading at ATH price of $2.72
CEO has confirmed several partnership with US based exchanges
All the details will be released by end of Q1

Watch here:

Like I've been saying this one is steadily going up because it is one of the best real world
use case projects out there. I brought this coin to everyone's attention when it was $1 or less with weekly updates.

It's still early.
Grab some now.